Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

LOL
Not this again...
Sorry I already discussed your post a few pages back.
Skype: ASF1nk



ASF1nk, you have less copyright stuff on your work than nontendo, and you dont complain about people stealing nintendo's work, do you?

July 07, 2012, 06:07:21 PM #3917 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:10:15 PM by Miacis
Quote from: ASF1nk on July 07, 2012, 06:20:24 AM
It really doesn't matter that we are using them in a Nintendo game, as the game just serves as a medium for us to express our work, and just like in any other medium the original author reserves the rights to his/her ORIGINAL creation. Just as if anyone were to publish his/her work on a magazine, website, or even on paper, that person still owns the rights to their intellectual property.
It really does matter, for the sole reason that you're still using Nintendo's filetype, bone structure, reverse-engeneering tools etc... (And your work cannot be used without hacking a Nintendo console.)

There's so much ORIGINALITY that you can add to a copyrighted base. I mean, you can customize and decorate your neighbour's house all you want, and rework most of its interior and exterior until it doesn't look like his house anymore, but it'll still be his house in the end. And you haven't got a whole lot of rights to call it "yours" and place a license on it so that people can't modify or copy your work.

Especially if you didn't get his permission before doing all that. :P

I am not preaching that Nintendo's copyrights allows all sorts of stealing and plagiarism, but I want you to take a little bit of distance, and consider that, in the grand scheme of Brawl hacking (lol), you're still just the humble painter of the neighbour's house.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


I uploaded my new Saiyan Saga Vegeta twice by accident, I don't know how because I only hit Submit once. I got reported because of that, so I went to delete one of the uploads. When I deleted one it asked me to put why, but then automatically generated the message "Plagiarism?". I tried to delete it and type that it was re-submitted accidentally, but some how that "Plagiarism?" message sent itself before I could type anything... weird. Then I got a message right after to either report that message or post about it here, so I did.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27497&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Is this legal to add here? It seems like unauthorized editing of the Project M codeset without permission.

Quote from: hotdogturtle on July 09, 2012, 12:56:24 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27497&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Is this legal to add here? It seems like unauthorized editing of the Project M codeset without permission.
if it was illegal, that would make everything in the vault illegal :v
.....but yeah, I'm pretty sure it is allowed. after all, I haven't seen any outcry from people using P:M animations.

I see no reason why it would be illegal. People have gcts and selpacs edited so... It shouldnt matter if it's minus, M, B, or V.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: Anonymous on July 09, 2012, 12:58:37 AM
if it was illegal, that would make everything in the vault illegal :v
.....but yeah, I'm pretty sure it is allowed. after all, I haven't seen any outcry from people using P:M animations.
You know that I didn't mean "literally illegal" -_-

I was just asking because I don't know this site's policies in terms of posting codesets. I do know that the PMBR does not condone people editing their codeset (specifically stated as the reason that they didn't provide it in text format) so I wasn't sure if there's a conflict with this site's rules or not.

It shouldnt be seeing as how those teams have people from here uncredited for help with their own projects and designs. Or at least I heard that.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Dunno if this is only on my end, but I'm randomly getting this while searching through the Vault.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^ That only happens to me if I do an advanced search that is too vague or too descriptive.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

I'm pretty sure this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27524
Is the same thing as this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12182
But y'know, that's just judging from the pictures, because the first one doesn't even have a download.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

July 09, 2012, 07:53:10 PM #3928 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:01:29 PM by Victory Badguy
Quote from: ExorcistRain on July 09, 2012, 07:20:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27524
Is the same thing as this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12182
But y'know, that's just judging from the pictures, because the first one doesn't even have a download.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are identical.  Can't tell for sure without a download though.  I guess I'll delete on the grounds of plagiarism unless there are any objections.

Edit:  And it's gone.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27546

Has a working video, but doesn't credit anyone.  Honestly, all the guy needs to put is "all the people that worked on Shadow"