Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1838358 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3270 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »

well that is cool its about time csp's are shown some love

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3271 on: May 15, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »

i mean if stuff like the date is affected people will think there might have been an edit in the hack.  just keep that in mind.  sometimes i have re=downloaded stuff just to find out the owner fixed some grammer

Portraits aren't going to affect the edited time or anything else about the rest of the hack.

I'm actually pretty much done (just gotta iron out a couple of bugs, get some images for the buttons, and ask picano a couple of questions whenever he gets online), so I can go into some detail about how this is going to work.

Every character hack (and stage hack, eventually) will have two buttons: "Add Portrait" and "Show Portraits." The first will open a dialog box, much like reporting does, and ask you for a direct link to a portrait. Paste in the link, press OK, and your portrait is added. The response on the poll has been pretty positive so far, so hack owners will receive a PM when you do this. If I'm feeling fancy later, I might be able to add an option to disable this.

The second button works like so:

Clicking that button (which will say "Show CSP" when I'm done -- like I said, I need new buttons to use) will magically reveal...

All of the portraits uploaded for that hack, three to a row, with links to the creators' profiles. Clicking the button again will hide them.

Edit: Changed my mind, it won't be three per row. It'll be one row with a horizontal scroll bar. It looks like this now:

Like hacks, portraits will not appear to the public until they have been approved, and they can be deleted at any time. You will see an approval button if you own the hack, are collabed on the hack, or are a staff member. You will see a deletion button if you meet any of the previous criteria or if you uploaded the portrait.
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:16:14 PM by Vyse » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3272 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »

also also all CSP's need to be 128X160
    or ur Wii will explode...

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3273 on: May 15, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »

also also all CSP's need to be 128X160
    The prompt will remind uploaders to make images this size, but ultimately, making sure of that is up to the end user.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #3274 on: May 15, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »

This is a great idea!

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3275 on: May 15, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »

What was that Vyse? csp showing? GOOD IDEA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm back after a long while.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #3276 on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »

This is an excellent idea, finding appropriate CSPs is such a hassle at times. /:

I like the horizontal scrollbar idea as well, the other way would have probably stretched the screen.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3277 on: May 15, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

Portraits aren't going to affect the edited time or anything else about the rest of the hack.

I'm actually pretty much done (just gotta iron out a couple of bugs, get some images for the buttons, and ask picano a couple of questions whenever he gets online), so I can go into some detail about how this is going to work.

Every character hack (and stage hack, eventually) will have two buttons: "Add Portrait" and "Show Portraits." The first will open a dialog box, much like reporting does, and ask you for a direct link to a portrait. Paste in the link, press OK, and your portrait is added. The response on the poll has been pretty positive so far, so hack owners will receive a PM when you do this. If I'm feeling fancy later, I might be able to add an option to disable this.

The second button works like so:

Clicking that button (which will say "Show CSP" when I'm done -- like I said, I need new buttons to use) will magically reveal...

All of the portraits uploaded for that hack, three to a row, with links to the creators' profiles. Clicking the button again will hide them.

Edit: Changed my mind, it won't be three per row. It'll be one row with a horizontal scroll bar. It looks like this now:

Like hacks, portraits will not appear to the public until they have been approved, and they can be deleted at any time. You will see an approval button if you own the hack, are collabed on the hack, or are a staff member. You will see a deletion button if you meet any of the previous criteria or if you uploaded the portrait.

I like this idea. I think the way your adding CSP's to hacks is like amazing. So I support this and voted yes.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #3278 on: May 16, 2012, 12:23:34 AM »

Alright, I finished this way faster than I thought I would, so I'm gonna try rolling it out since it's nice and late.

There shouldn't be any bugs, but there are a couple of things I need to check, so bear with me. If I find anything wrong, I'll roll it right back so nothing gets interrupted.

Edit: Oh, haha, I forgot to make the new buttons.

They still work perfectly fine, though. Approve = Add CSP; Report = Show CSPs.

Yep, had to roll it back. Oh well. Such is programming.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:43:13 AM by Vyse » Logged

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3279 on: May 16, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »

Edit: Oh, haha, I forgot to make the new buttons.
    Haha silly Vyse Tongue

edit: I see you added the real buttons Cheesy

edit 2: Could you allow us to add CSP's to collaborations as well? Cause i can't add a CSP to a hack i was collabed in. Wait, i can't even add some to my own.. D:

Yep, had to roll it back. Oh well. Such is programming.
    Does that mean it doesn't work right now, or?
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:54:03 AM by Puraidou-chan » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #3280 on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:02 AM »

Does that mean it doesn't work right now, or?
    Yes. That was why you couldn't add anything.

But I fixed it. You should be able to add CSPs to any character hack now.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3281 on: May 16, 2012, 12:59:25 AM »

Yes. That was why you couldn't add anything.

But I fixed it. You should be able to add CSPs to any character hack now.
    Awesome, i'll test it right now Cheesy

edit: ehh.. Can you make it so that if you click Add CSP, it puts you on the hack itself instead of the 556 pages of hacks? @_@"
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:00:21 AM by Puraidou-chan » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #3282 on: May 16, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »

edit: ehh.. Can you make it so that if you click Add CSP, it puts you on the hack itself instead of the 556 pages of hacks? @_@"
    ...I thought I fixed that, what the hell.

Sometimes I hate programming.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3283 on: May 16, 2012, 01:02:43 AM »

...I thought I fixed that, what the hell.

Sometimes I hate programming.
    I never did programming but from what i hear, it can indeed be a major pain x.x

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #3284 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:25 AM »

It didn't take me back to the 556 pages when I added to one of mine. Which one of yours did that?

I swear this works perfectly on the test version of BV; I have no idea why things are wrong here.

Pages:  1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: