Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kienamaru on June 20, 2012, 01:10:14 AM
I asked him about that psa the day he posted it. Asking if it was minus ganon. He said it was but he made a few small changes. I didnt test it though.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on June 19, 2012, 11:38:11 PM
Edit: I just downloaded it and tested it, and yes, this is 100% Brawl Minus Ganondorf.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I'm honestly surprised he didn't claim that the Brawl Minus team stole it from him or some nonsense >_>

He certainly won't leave my work alone, that's for sure >: /
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27052 The download link goes to the main site
personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27066
Hahahaha. Haha.
No.
One of the pictures is a bunch of SJS' CSPs. LMAO.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27071

all this guy did was re-name his version over Sonic to FitDonkeyXX and uploaded it... is that allowed?


Quote from: DashSmash on June 19, 2012, 10:56:32 AM
What if you want to edit a hack of someone who is inactive?

I didn't get an answer yet.





I do accept requests for recolours.

Quote from: Nanobuds on June 20, 2012, 10:17:43 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27071

all this guy did was re-name his version over Sonic to FitDonkeyXX and uploaded it... is that allowed?
i don't think so  since nothing inside it was changed

Quote from: Segtendo on June 20, 2012, 10:12:12 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27066
Should this be removed? I mean, it falls under the "hack pack" category, but I want other peoples' opinions.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on June 23, 2012, 02:12:07 AM
Should this be removed? I mean, it falls under the "hack pack" category, but I want other peoples' opinions.
If that user didn't get permission from any of the "good chunk of the people you see in popular artists", then I say remove it.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

June 23, 2012, 02:27:37 AM #3715 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:29:18 AM by ASF1nk
Wow 1.3 GB.
This is a gray area, packs are basically just a bunch of other people's hard work put together.
It takes literally no effort to .zip your SD card's content and upload it.
Not to mention giving credit to "A good chunk of the people you see in popular artists" is the proper credit people deserve for their hard work and time.
Skype: ASF1nk



I wanna see what Victory Badguy thinks about this. He's usually in favor of these removals.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


June 23, 2012, 02:41:40 AM #3717 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:42:47 AM by Naso
Have we all agreed that packs without permission are not allowed?

Cuz we seriously need to figure out what is and is not allowed to be submitted as a hack.

My oppinion: If every single person he took work from says it's okay, he can post the pack. If not, it goes down.

It's gone now.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


June 23, 2012, 02:46:55 AM #3719 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:48:48 AM by Victory Badguy
Quote from: Segtendo on June 23, 2012, 02:39:20 AM
I wanna see what Victory Badguy thinks about this. He's usually in favor of these removals.
As and ye shall receive.

Well, previous discussions here outlined how we shouldn't remove stuff if it's derivative of other works.  Is this pack literally just full of unedited hacks of stuff already on the Vault?  If that's the case I see no reason for it to be here.  If people want the stuff in the pack they can already get it.  This pack offers downloaders nothing new.

Quote from: Segtendo on June 23, 2012, 02:46:08 AM
It's gone now.
And it seems my thoughts weren't needed.  Good decision though.

You know what we need?  There needs to be a definite rule in the rule thread/section that specifically says "This is what you can/can't do in regards to hack packs on the Vault".  It might help clear up some confusion that newer users have.