Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: SD card is write-protected and I can't un-write protect it  (Read 26724 times)
Fliptocat
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »

^Yeah. I'm not sure about gameconfig, I just left it there, not sure if you really need it. Oh, and Riivo has some weird XML stuff, I suggest you read up on it if you wanna use it. Check here.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »

^Yeah. I'm not sure about gameconfig, I just left it there, not sure if you really need it. Oh, and Riivo has some weird XML stuff, I suggest you read up on it if you wanna use it. Check here.

Reading the guide, I see no 'private > wii > app > RSBE > pf' directories anymore, so do I just take every single folder out of 'pf' and place it in 'brawlmods'?

Also, where does the XML go? Do I copy and paste it into a .txt?

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

heres what i did:

copy all files from sd, and paste on desktop

buy a new sd

cut the files and paste them back in, if its locked its locked. :/

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »

Yeah, just follow the placing guide, as some things are still slightly different.
    You take the .xml and put in a folder in the root of your SD called riivolution. Just put it in there, doesn't matter what you name it. Keep it an .xml though.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »

So once I get this I no longer have the sc_selcharacter/map.pac file size limits (3.79 MB and 1.14 MB) before freeze? And I still can't use custom stages, right?

Ok so I'll make a folder called 'riivolution' on my SD card root, then I...how do I make an .xml file?

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 06:50:21 PM »

Just download BionicSonic's XML. I can upload it if necessary.  And no, custom stages aren't available unless you install the channel.
    And I'm not sure about filesize limits, I've never bothered to check. Just know that you'll need to put Sc_Selchar/map.pac into a common5.pac or else Riivolution won't load it.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »

Just download BionicSonic's XML. I can upload it if necessary.  And no, custom stages aren't available unless you install the channel.
    And I'm not sure about filesize limits, I've never bothered to check. Just know that you'll need to put Sc_Selchar/map.pac into a common5.pac or else Riivolution won't load it.

Ok I thought as much. Yeah it'd be cool if you could upload it for me. It'd be easier.

I see. So I'll just have to export my char_bust_tex_Lz77, MiscData[30] and MiscData[70] from sc_selcharacter and my stuff from selmap.pac, and then place them all into a fresh common5.pac?

Will I be able to play without an internet connection? Because of that XML stuff that's why I'm asking.
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:01:52 PM by (specter) » Logged

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »

^Yeah, that'll do. And Here ya go.
    And the internet XML's are only for when you want to try something out, like if you wanted to play Brawl- without donwloaded the whole thing you could just "Stream" it to your wii. You could also set one up that connects to your computer, and when you update your files they're updated in-game as well.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »

^Yeah, that'll do. And Here ya go.
    And the internet XML's are only for when you want to try something out, like if you wanted to play Brawl- without donwloaded the whole thing you could just "Stream" it to your wii. You could also set one up that connects to your computer, and when you update your files they're updated in-game as well.

Oh...then what do I need this XML for? Or is it not mandatory to have it?

Anyway, so that's the main XML all Riivo users use? How do you make one yourself, or is that only for developers to know?

Once I get a new SD card I'll try all this stuff out.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »

^You don't need an internet XML, the only one I ever used was the smashmods one. The one I linked you is the standard Brawl one though, yeah.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

^You don't need an internet XML, the only one I ever used was the smashmods one. The one I linked you is the standard Brawl one though, yeah.

I saw another XML thing though on that Smash Boards topic you linked me to -- what's that for?

So I have to have this XML even if it's a non-internet one?

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

Those are alternate XML's. While they follow the format of the file patch code, they lack support for some files. Plus Bionic's XML is more versatile. You never need an internet XML unless you want to use one.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »

Those are alternate XML's. While they follow the format of the file patch code, they lack support for some files. Plus Bionic's XML is more versatile. You never need an internet XML unless you want to use one.

And this isn't an internet XML you gave me? How does it work then?

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »

I'm not entirely sure, as I've never tried it myself, but check this out: http://rvlution.net/wiki/RiiFS
    It'll probably confuse you though. :/

scorcher9910
    Hyper Kitten

Flippin' tables and takin' names.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »

He edited his post after I posted that so don't yell at me because he edited that after my post so I didn't know -_-

Also, in that post he said this: "But after you launch it through SS you can install it's channel." then he says "You don't have to install it though." -- that's contradicting what I have bolded in the first sentence.

I wasn't yelling, I was making it clearer.
    Also, it's not contradicting. Just because you can install it doesn't mean you have to.

I'm not entirely familiar with Riivo, but aren't XML's for defining the file directories and files to patch?

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
    Print
    Jump to: