Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21
Author Topic: Project Sasuke: Small Animations Update 1-01-12  (Read 102978 times)
SmashClash
This is my title.
Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »

Are you going to have a Cursed Mark 2 mode? Happy Face

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »

No. Sorry, but since this Sasuke is based off his later form in which he has no cursemark, he'll awaken his mangekyo sharingan instead.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Helix
    Icha Icha Addicted
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen Warm Welcomer KCMM Storyteller

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »

Young kakashi needs to join the brawl Tongue
    But that sasuke looks smexy. Nice work .

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »

No. Sorry, but since this Sasuke is based off his later form in which he has no cursemark, he'll awaken his mangekyo sharingan instead.
    One day when we can color GFXs are you going to make Amaterasu?

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 04:18:33 PM »

WARNING: EPICLY LONG RESPONSE XD

Good job so far. Will you edit the walk animations again. It looks just like the Manga/anime but seems dull maybe his arms should move a bit?
    Yes, that animation was actually supposed to be fixed XD Oh well, it aint THAT bad. Sorry...

Nice job on the Beta, the animations for his specials look really nice and smooth especially his Chidori (Favorite Animation). His AAA combo feels a bit to powerful and his Chidori's range feels to short (If that makes sense) and perhaps make his side B go in a different direction/do something different depending on button input (Again sorry if that makes no sense).

There is also a glitch with his blade when he is standing/running it becomes invisible (His hand still is holding it but the blade is not visible) also (im not sure if this was intended but it does work nicely) when he dodges and disappears if he gets hit as he becomes visible he disappears again for a little while. Also when he uses his side Smash his blade looks like it shrinks.

EDIT: Actually he disappears completely (Not 100% sure on how i did it), when he's coming out of his dodge and gets hit as long as you don't try and dodge again he stays invisible. His Side B also makes him fly off the stage if he uses near the edge sometimes (He goes farther than CON Naruto does with his Rasengan).
    The blade is invisible on purpose XD I CANNOT edit his sword hand due to the BrawlCreators not giving marth any finger bones in it not impressed The dodge glitch will be fixed, we're starting a way around that. And about his blade shrinking...i dunno, ill have to get into that. Also, about his side b...I didnt know that  Im srs here. We'll look into it, no worries.
    Nice animations. I liked how you collaborated the use of Sasuke's attributes and moveset.
    Thanks, coming from a great psa'er like yourself, that means a lot.
    I have a suggestion, could you make the range of Sasuke's side-smash a bit farther?

As for the Chidori, is it possible to make a charge longer in PSA?
    If there is, make the charge longer, and at full charge he could dash a long distance using Chidori.
    Yes f-smashs range IS lacking severly. That'll increae, and the power will decrease 2.
    And for the Chidori suggestion, that sounds nice. We'll look into it ;)ks, coming from a great psa'er like yourself, that means a lot.
    If I didnt respond to you...dont take it personally, ok? XD
    Oh and another suggestion: Can you give the S-Smash a bit more knockback?

If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »

@SmashClash
    It is a possibility. I actually Have an idea on how it would work, slightly similar to PK Pulse(whatever its called in brawl) Smiley

@Soul
    Sure Wink

Central Thread:

ugoo
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »

One day when we can color GFXs are you going to make Amaterasu?

I have no idea if this would be possible but couldn't that be made by combining different attacks such as Aura Ball + either Ness PK Fire/Lucas PK fire/Samus Fair. Aura Ball is sort of close to Amaterasu's colour (Not really but it's the closest i could think of in Brawl) and it already does leave that flaming aura effect on any character it hits (Is it possible to make that last longer than it does and cause damage). So if you could change it from a ball shape to something like any of those 3 flame attacks or use it to replace them couldn't that be used as Amaterasu. Again im not sure how possible that is since i don't really know that much about SFX/GFX hacking.

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »

I love what you did with the Down Special. Awesome Face

And another thing with animations:

I don't know if you are planning to do this at all,
    but how about if you remove the sword from all animations where he doesn't use it?
    Although, I think that can be time consuming. Tongue

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

you said there's a video somwhere. I can't find it. Where  is it?
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:32:15 PM by drsusredfish » Logged

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »

@ugoo
    Interesting ideas. I'll bring em up when we come to it.
    @Soul
    Actually, thats the plan. We are also gonna add sheathing animation at the end of his sworded ones.
    @drsusredfish
    LOL, my fail XD I added it to the opening post, thanks for reminding me Smiley

Central Thread:

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »

Ok, so after playing a few battles with Sasuke I'll give some feedback on him:

SDo0m's Needlessly Long Feedback GO!

AAA combo - Very nice.  I like the animation especially for the first 3 hits.  Very smooth but like Fliptocat said, I think at the moment it does too much damage.  I think for 5 hits it should do more along the lines of 14 or 15%

F Tilt - I like this move alot.  It's simple, nicely animated and the knockback, range and power are all perfect.

U Tilt - I think the animation should be changed here.  It looks a tad awkard at the moment, especially since the end of the AAA combo uses the same animation.  Possibly an uppercut or something?  I dunno.

D Tilt - I actually like how this is just like Marth's D Tilt.  I think it suits him well personally.

Dash Attack - I think this is one move that should be changed.  Marth's Dash Attack was one of his worst moves and since Sasuke at the moment is lacking a good approach move.  Not too sure what it should be though.

F Smash - Like the others have said, this really needs a bit more range.  Although one other thing that I noticed is that the length of time that it charges for is incorrect.  The charging animation should last always for 61 frames but this move has less.

U Smash - I like this out of all the smashes.  Nice knockback and probably his most effective killing move.  Damage could be a tad lower methinks though (17% minimum)

D Smash - Same as Marth's but I think it could be a tad more interesting.  It works though, but I just think for a later release something else would be more awesome Smiley

N Air - This move is a bit weird to be honest.  It only hits at the top 1/3 of his body (i.e. his arms), it basically functions like an U Air but worse.  I think this could possibly work as a variation of Chidori Nagashi where he is surrounded by electricity

F Air - Same as Marth's but like the D Tilt I think this works nicely.

U Air - Animation swap with Falco's and this works great.  This is probably my favourite of the aerials

B Air - Animation swap with Ike's and again this works quite nicely.

D Air - I'm not too sure about this one.  Part of me says that this should be changed, whilst the other thinks it's an awesome spike and should be kept the same (indecisiveness ftw).

Neutral B - Ah the good ol' Chidori, however there are a couple of problems methinks.  One is that the hitbox timing is weird.  Rarely can I hit the attack even if it kinda should hit.  Second is that the priority is really pathetic.  This is due for two reasons.  One the hitbox simply has the priority bit (Bit 5 in the flags, I'll explain more of that later) turned off and the other is because of the attack's low damage.  8% for an attack that is one of Sasuke's most powerful and signature moves is a tad strange.  I think this should either be structued like .Fade's Rasengan for Naruto (which does high damage and knockback but is hard to land) or it should work as a good approach move with high priority and speed.

Side B - This is only the Fireball Jutsu on the ground at the moment (in the air, it's still Marth's old Side B and only the first hit).  But this is definitely a nice move for catching your opponent and getting a surprise kill.  The only minor graphical niggle I have with it is when you use the move right on the edge of the stage.  Since Sasuke moves back, he kinda falls down a bit then goes back up.

Up B - Unchanged.  I'd like to see what you do with this.

Down B - I was never actually able to properly land this (cuz I suck lol) so I'm not sure as to what it should be at the moment or how it works.  All I saw was an animation change at the moment.

Final Smash - This is clearly a work in progress.  The animation looks pretty dang cool though Wink

So overall, I like Sasuke.  Whilst it definitely needs work in some areas (well of course that's expected from a beta), it's definitely getting there.  I wish you the best of luck with later parts of the project Wink

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

Ok, so after playing a few battles with Sasuke I'll give some feedback on him:

SDo0m's Needlessly Long Feedback GO!

AAA combo - Very nice.  I like the animation especially for the first 3 hits.  Very smooth but like Fliptocat said, I think at the moment it does too much damage.  I think for 5 hits it should do more along the lines of 14 or 15%

F Tilt - I like this move alot.  It's simple, nicely animated and the knockback, range and power are all perfect.

U Tilt - I think the animation should be changed here.  It looks a tad awkard at the moment, especially since the end of the AAA combo uses the same animation.  Possibly an uppercut or something?  I dunno.

D Tilt - I actually like how this is just like Marth's D Tilt.  I think it suits him well personally.

Dash Attack - I think this is one move that should be changed.  Marth's Dash Attack was one of his worst moves and since Sasuke at the moment is lacking a good approach move.  Not too sure what it should be though.

F Smash - Like the others have said, this really needs a bit more range.  Although one other thing that I noticed is that the length of time that it charges for is incorrect.  The charging animation should last always for 61 frames but this move has less.

U Smash - I like this out of all the smashes.  Nice knockback and probably his most effective killing move.  Damage could be a tad lower methinks though (17% minimum)

D Smash - Same as Marth's but I think it could be a tad more interesting.  It works though, but I just think for a later release something else would be more awesome Smiley

N Air - This move is a bit weird to be honest.  It only hits at the top 1/3 of his body (i.e. his arms), it basically functions like an U Air but worse.  I think this could possibly work as a variation of Chidori Nagashi where he is surrounded by electricity

F Air - Same as Marth's but like the D Tilt I think this works nicely.

U Air - Animation swap with Falco's and this works great.  This is probably my favourite of the aerials

B Air - Animation swap with Ike's and again this works quite nicely.

D Air - I'm not too sure about this one.  Part of me says that this should be changed, whilst the other thinks it's an awesome spike and should be kept the same (indecisiveness ftw).

Neutral B - Ah the good ol' Chidori, however there are a couple of problems methinks.  One is that the hitbox timing is weird.  Rarely can I hit the attack even if it kinda should hit.  Second is that the priority is really pathetic.  This is due for two reasons.  One the hitbox simply has the priority bit (Bit 5 in the flags, I'll explain more of that later) turned off and the other is because of the attack's low damage.  8% for an attack that is one of Sasuke's most powerful and signature moves is a tad strange.  I think this should either be structued like .Fade's Rasengan for Naruto (which does high damage and knockback but is hard to land) or it should work as a good approach move with high priority and speed.

Side B - This is only the Fireball Jutsu on the ground at the moment (in the air, it's still Marth's old Side B and only the first hit).  But this is definitely a nice move for catching your opponent and getting a surprise kill.  The only minor graphical niggle I have with it is when you use the move right on the edge of the stage.  Since Sasuke moves back, he kinda falls down a bit then goes back up.

Up B - Unchanged.  I'd like to see what you do with this.

Down B - I was never actually able to properly land this (cuz I suck lol) so I'm not sure as to what it should be at the moment or how it works.  All I saw was an animation change at the moment.

Final Smash - This is clearly a work in progress.  The animation looks pretty dang cool though Wink

So overall, I like Sasuke.  Whilst it definitely needs work in some areas (well of course that's expected from a beta), it's definitely getting there.  I wish you the best of luck with later parts of the project Wink
    Well...your not the only one with needlessly long replies... Awesome Face
    U-tilt-I was think the animation should be refined for the beta, but we were tired of delaying-Dont worry, it CERTAINLY NOT the final animation.

Dash Attack, D Smash-These were left here because NO animation had even been started of them XD Dont worry, ALL of his moves will eventually be changed

F-Smash-Youve seen my previous answers about this, no? XD

U-Smash-Yeah, the damage could be a lil lower

N-Air-He still had a custum nair? Damn...sorries XD

U-Air,B-Air-Ya think? Hmm....actually, those sounds right. Thanks! Smiley

D-Air-OMG, I have the same feeling about it XD

Neutral B- Ahh, chidori. Almost EVERYTHING about this needs to be fixed, so...yeah

Side-B- I actually realized this, and methinks Sasuke should have moar fire. His mangekyo mode should and probobly would. Agaion, have I had NO idea about that glitch.

Up-B-Ahh...i was hoping youd have ideas. I to this day still havnt thought of anything...Im srs here

Down-B-Actually, this one needs a gfx fix and its finished. At least the ground is....just so you know. lol

Final Smash-Thanks, i need to get in contact with BigBadBooya and ask him some stuff about it.

Im happy to see you like how Sasuke is coming along, I hope you can give more feedback in the future Wink

Central Thread:

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 06:19:18 PM »

@ugoo
    Interesting ideas. I'll bring em up when we come to it.
    @Soul
    Actually, thats the plan. We are also gonna add sheathing animation at the end of his sworded ones.
    @drsusredfish
    LOL, my fail XD I added it to the opening post, thanks for reminding me Smiley
    I actually tried to make a custom sheathing animation, but his sword translations are weird.

Well, keep going, this project is Win.
    Can't wait for its official release!

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 10:13:44 PM »

Just found out about this, can't wait to try to beta! Hopefully I can get it running tomorrow.

Edit:
    Tried it out, and my feedback wont be as extensive, but I will give some highlights.

-Needs general nerfing. Most moves do much more damage than they should. Also animations could be smoothed for alot of things.

-I'm not as big a fan of the AAA as others. Having it sent someone up seems unnatural to me.

-Chidori could be modified to look more electric-y. Also in air it is useless. I think he should be able to charge a little bit longer, and travel further, the max distance being about the distance Falco moves with his illusion. The trade off would be having it a bit weaker. I'm picturing something like Ike's side B, but with a bit less distance, longer charge, and at max charge a little stronger. I like how at max charge you can't hold it, it just goes. I think that aspect should be kept to avoid cheapness and stalling.

-Fireball Jutsu is decent, but it needs something. The fire should be bigger, and the move should have a bit less knockback. In the air it should go down at a 45 degree angle.

-Up B ideas:
    1) Climbs up in a mild zig-zag with the Chidori very quickly. Goes a little higher than Marth's up-B. The zig zag would only fluctuate mildly, and does so 3 complete times. Hits opponent 3 times, each doing 2 damage. First does 3.
    <
      >
    <
      >
    <
      >
     X      From one side's highest point to the next the distance for the zig zag will be about 1.5 times Sasuke's width.
    (I got the idea from one of the games)

2)If just for recovery just rapidly climbs straight up in the air, a little lower than the height of Lucario's extreme speed. If connects with an opponent Sasuke hits them, drags them up with him, then smashes them down with a meteor smash. First hit 2 damage, second hit 4 damage, 6 total. Similar to lions barrage, but really only the end.

Just some ideas. It really feels like you are Sasuke so far, so I am really looking forward to the final version. Kudos to you.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:29:44 AM by EnigmaticSpirit » Logged

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 05:08:25 AM »

I don't have test the Final Smash, what is the change?

I think for the Down+A Air you can put the attack Shishi Rendan

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:24:06 AM by KTH » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: