Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Installing Riivolution on my Wii -- is it safe?  (Read 13275 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

Yes, but riivolution is a homebrew program. And sence you installed it on your wii, you're pretty much screwed if nintendo sees that it was or is on there. However, you can remove the channel, but you'll have to search through all of the wii's menu's to make sure there aren't any traces of it.

Which is pretty much impossible to do.  Running Homebrew applications affects the Wii's coding so that it's different from that of the Wiis that haven't been hacked.  Nintendo does not want to deal with this stuff, even though they know that there are hackers out there.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:27 PM »

They are actually pedantic enough to search the Wii's coding to look for traces? ._.

Anyway I just don't understand why they don't like this stuff. I mean all I'm doing is hacking Brawl to make it more fun, that's it. What's so wrong about that? Why is it illegal to hack your console/video game to make it more fun to you? Do they not want people to have fun?

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »

They are actually pedantic enough to search the Wii's coding to look for traces? ._.

Anyway I just don't understand why they don't like this stuff. I mean all I'm doing is hacking Brawl to make it more fun, that's it. What's so wrong about that? Why is it illegal to hack your console/video game to make it more fun to you? Do they not want people to have fun?
    It's just that they think
    HBC/Hacking=Pirating

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »

HBC/Hacking=Pirating

Oh I see. I just wish they would know some people use it to improve the game to make it more enjoyable. I certainly would never insert mod chips in my Wii or hack online. Just like how jailbreaking an iPod Touch can be legal as long as you don't use it to get cracked apps (which I did), and when I updated my iTouch I lost my jailbreak and decided not to do it again.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 04:13:21 PM by (specter) » Logged

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »

So how do all you people deal with your voided warranty Wiis? If it breaks down, what do you think you would do?

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »

HBC/Hacking=Pirating

Well, I've heard that nintendo has been sneaking around on sites like (and including) this. And from what I've heard they are liking all the completed and beta imports. Imports are the only thing that they literally LOVE! Just think about how EPIC it would be if one of them made an account!!!!!! Most of our import projects wld be worked on and or completed by the PROFFESSIONALS!!!!!

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 11:54:21 AM »

So how do all you people deal with your voided warranty Wiis? If it breaks down, what do you think you would do?
    Delete every trace of homebrew possible and send it in
    It works from what i hear

HBC/Hacking=Pirating

Well, I've heard that nintendo has been sneaking around on sites like (and including) this. And from what I've heard they are liking all the completed and beta imports. Imports are the only thing that they literally LOVE! Just think about how EPIC it would be if one of them made an account!!!!!! Most of our import projects wld be worked on and or completed by the PROFFESSIONALS!!!!!
    Where did you hear this? >.>

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »

HBC/Hacking=Pirating

My buddie's uncle has a friend who works closley on stuff with nintendo. It's really cool to work with em ii guess....

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »

HBC/Hacking=Pirating

Oh so I can just remove Riivolution (the only hack I have on my console period), and I'll be fine? Must suck if you're Wii's power burns out and you can't get on to remove it, though.

Also, seriously? Nintendo likes the projects we do here? They don't mark us down on the "Do not repair this guy's Wii" list?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »

If you have a dying DVD drive or a DVD drive that's not behaving correctly, switch to using a USB Loader.  WiiFlow is one reliable USB Loader to use.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »

If you have a dying DVD drive or a DVD drive that's not behaving correctly, switch to using a USB Loader.  WiiFlow is one reliable USB Loader to use.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Right now my Wii's healthy besides the one error I (ever) got while playing Brawl.

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

HBC/Hacking=Pirating

Oh so I can just remove Riivolution (the only hack I have on my console period), and I'll be fine? Must suck if you're Wii's power burns out and you can't get on to remove it, though.

Also, seriously? Nintendo likes the projects we do here? They don't mark us down on the "Do not repair this guy's Wii" list?

Some of em, yes! They LOVE a couple of the imports. I can try and ask which ones, but no definate answer.......

MEMORABLE QUOTES:

scorcher9910
    Hyper Kitten

Flippin' tables and takin' names.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »

I stop caring, then I don't buy a new one, and then I play my Xbox 360 because the Wii is inferior and the only thing I ever use it for nowadays is Brawl hacks. Awesome Face

*waits to get trolled just because I know the Wii can't compare to the next-gen consoles*

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »

I stop caring, then I don't buy a new one, and then I play my Xbox 360 because the Wii is inferior and the only thing I ever use it for nowadays is Brawl hacks. Awesome Face

*waits to get trolled just because I know the Wii can't compare to the next-gen consoles*

XBAWX IS DUM GRAH GRAH GRAH

Awesome Face

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 10:55:48 PM »

Hey I agree with you pretty much on that lol. I only use it for Brawl hacks nowadays and playing GCN games like my Mario Party games.

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: