Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need Help Adding CSPs and BPs  (Read 2311 times)
fighter20brawler10
Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »

I just downloaded the Etna texture(she is awesome) and I found some CSPs and BPs in the file. I need some help on how to add them in my game. I'll appreciate any help I can get.

Frictionbyrne
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »

Alright so you'll need to use brawlbox.  There might be other ways to do it, but this one is pretty easy.
Anyway open brawlbox and then hit  file-> open-> and then go to your SD card (or wherever you keep your brawl files) and go to private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\and open the .pac file called "sc_selcharacter.pac"

Now you'll see a bunch of folders.  Expand the one called "Char_Bust_Tex_Iz77" and it will open to show a bunch of new folders named "MiscData(1 through 43)"
Expand a folder and then expand the "texture" folder inside that and you can preview the CSPs it contains.  Find the exact one you want to replace (Im not sure who Etna is, but if its Zelda by any chance, she's MiscData13) by trial and error and then right click on the picture you want to change, click 'replace' and pick the picture you want to substatute in.

Viola

Somebody pass me a peach tea

fighter20brawler10
Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

Alright so you'll need to use brawlbox.  There might be other ways to do it, but this one is pretty easy.
Anyway open brawlbox and then hit  file-> open-> and then go to your SD card (or wherever you keep your brawl files) and go to private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\and open the .pac file called "sc_selcharacter.pac"

Now you'll see a bunch of folders.  Expand the one called "Char_Bust_Tex_Iz77" and it will open to show a bunch of new folders named "MiscData(1 through 43)"
Expand a folder and then expand the "texture" folder inside that and you can preview the CSPs it contains.  Find the exact one you want to replace (Im not sure who Etna is, but if its Zelda by any chance, she's MiscData13) by trial and error and then right click on the picture you want to change, click 'replace' and pick the picture you want to substatute in.

Viola

Ok I did all of that. Now my game freezes before i get to the character select

Frictionbyrne
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 08:48:36 PM »

Ok... hmm well theres a couple different things it could be.  You have to save it as the correct name, and in the right place.  Make sure that if you go back to pf\menu2\ that sc_selcharacter.pac is still there, and with the same name. 

Also, if you replace a file with something that isn't compatible, it might cause it to freeze.  Like make sure you are putting the Etna CSP over the CSP instead of accidentally putting the Etna BP over the CSP...  The CSP needs to have dimensions of 128 x 160 pixels and has to be in .PNG format.

...A problem that could be occuring, but im 99% sure isn't, is if the sc_selcharacter.pac file is too large, the game could freeze upon trying to load it.  (I had this problem with the sc_selmap.pac)  The reason I dont think this is your problem is because I've added dozens of CSPs with no such problem.  However, feel free to look up the sc_selcharacter.pac file size limit on google or something and check to see if you're not over.

Worst comes to worst, go to the picture you replaced and replace it again with the actual picture it should be (found online somewhere)

Let me know

Somebody pass me a peach tea

mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »

The texture doesn't necessarily have to be saved as a .png file.  You can also use .tga (TarGA) files as well.

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:09:38 AM »

But people barely use that today Tongue

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »

But people barely use that today Tongue

If you use Photoshop CS3/CS4 (not sure about CS5), you'll probably notice that TarGA transparency is done differently than PNG transparency; instead of a checkerboard background, an Alpha Layer is used instead.

If you're ever dealing with texture parts that use the RGB5A3 and RGBA8 texture formats, you want to have those programs in order to properly edit them; RGB5A3 and RGBA8 utilize multiple transparent colors, which can't be seen with PNG images, but are viewable with TarGA images (Photoshop CS# only).

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »

Ok... hmm well theres a couple different things it could be.  You have to save it as the correct name, and in the right place.  Make sure that if you go back to pf\menu2\ that sc_selcharacter.pac is still there, and with the same name. 

Also, if you replace a file with something that isn't compatible, it might cause it to freeze.  Like make sure you are putting the Etna CSP over the CSP instead of accidentally putting the Etna BP over the CSP...  The CSP needs to have dimensions of 128 x 160 pixels and has to be in .PNG format.

...A problem that could be occuring, but im 99% sure isn't, is if the sc_selcharacter.pac file is too large, the game could freeze upon trying to load it.  (I had this problem with the sc_selmap.pac)  The reason I dont think this is your problem is because I've added dozens of CSPs with no such problem.  However, feel free to look up the sc_selcharacter.pac file size limit on google or something and check to see if you're not over.

Worst comes to worst, go to the picture you replaced and replace it again with the actual picture it should be (found online somewhere)

Let me know
    OK I'll try

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: