Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New to Stage Making  (Read 3149 times)
Aero
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »

Where can I make stages, like what programs? I heard people use Brawlbox and something called 3DS. I can't find anything on Brawlbox, can someone clear that by telling me where to click so I can get started?

Also people import stages from other games (or something like that). How do I import parts of a game to make into a stage? Like from a GameCube game.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:37:11 PM by Aero » Logged

(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »

There is this guide, however that's mostly just for swapping textures for stages and not creating one from scratch. So if you want to make a stage from scratch you should check out WackaAlpaca's video tutorials on YouTube -- they helped me learn how to make my first 2D stage.

Programs you need to make a stage are BrawlBox, an image editing program, and BrawlWall.

3DS is a program for vertexing. You should start out making a 2D stage first. 3DS is only for if you want to change how 3D models look. I don't even know how to do that, but I suggest you learn the simple 2D stuff first, then move on from there.

Also, for your second question, you would use WiiScrubber for that. It lets you extract files from ISOs, but you can't use things from games that don't use the MDL0 format or other different formats Brawl uses with its files.
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:47:03 PM by (specter) » Logged

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:41:59 PM »

Thanks. I'll get to reading.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »

Thanks. I'll get to reading.

I edited my post -- please re-read.

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »

How do I get rid of the crystal, the background trees and other extras on the stage? I used the Advanced Model Editor to disable their polygons and textures, but it always resets when I upload it into the game. This is on Brawlbox.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:14:58 AM by Aero » Logged

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:14:36 AM »

you would need to re edit the models to whatever you want done

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »

you would need to re edit the models to whatever you want done

What program can I use for that?

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »

Bump...

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »

Can someone help me with vertexing Battlefield for my stage? I've tried many times to delete the polygons with 3DS Max 09, 3DS Max 2010. I've followed WackaAlpaca and KC-MM's vertex editing videos, rewatched them many times. I've redone and redone the steps many times as well. It won't work no matter how much I repeat this. I keep getting glitchy textures. Can someone please edit it for me? I promise I'll share the stage for download once someone can help me edit the stage. I just can't keep doing this anymore, just for a failure result. I'll tell you what polygons I'd like to keep and get rid of, if someone replies, if they want to edit it for me. D:

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »

So how do I make the textures I edited out, stop being glitchy and not on the stage? Or am I using the wrong program and techniques for editing stages?

Guamboy27
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »

Here's my attempt at explaining how to delete polygons with hex (it works glitch-free for both characters and stages!):
    Quote from: Guamboy27
    Sure.
    1) First of all, you need a Hex program (I use HxD which can be found in the recourses).
    2) Next open up the character in Brawl Box and view his/her model.
    3) Search through his/her polygons and find the one you want to delete. X out of the model editor (stop viewing the model).
    4) In BrawlBox, go to the character's polygons and find that polygon again. 5) Scroll down through its polygon data to the right and find the vertex set of that polygon. Remember that number! (You can't just assume that they're in order because some characters skip some polygons (for example, Yoshi doesn't have a polygon 3, 4, or 5))
    6) Go to his verticies and find the one that has the same number as the polygon for its ID in the vertex data to the right. Export that vertex and the character's model (model, not the model data).
    7) Open both up in HxD (just open up HxD and drag the files to it)
    Cool Select the vertex starting at 0000020 to the bottom. Copy.
    9) In the model, do Ctr F select Hex Values, All and paste in the  box.
    10) Right click the highlighted numbers and hit fill selection. A box will show up. Hit OK because it should fill with 0's by default.
    11) After saving the model, open up brawl box and replace the old model with the new one. If done right, you should no longer see the polygon you wanted to delete when viewing the model. That means it shouldn't show up in the game either  Wink!

I hope you understand that. It's actually a lot faster than how it looks, I just used so many steps to make each step simpler. Also, you can delete more than one polygon at a time, just make sure to export all their matching vertecies.
    I was explaining this with characters, but it works for stages the same way. Sorry if it's complicated, I may not be the best at giving instructions...

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »

Thanks, I hope that helps.

Well now I have a little problem. When I replaced the Halberd's stage model with Battlefield, the Battlefield stage has a white coat over it. When you zoom in on the stage, the textures are still there. It's just that white coat that is in the way. Is there a way to fix this?
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:09:18 AM by Aero » Logged

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »

sounds like fog.  You'll have to edit the float1 and float2 in the scenedata.  The further the numbers are away from each other, the less the fog will be.

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »

if I edit the vertex and textures through a Hex Editor, how do I undo them, even if it's one? I got one polygon I didn't want to delete, but it's now gone and I don't know what offests to redo to get that polygon back.

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »

Thanks guys for helping me. I'll upload my stage tomorrow.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: