Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 228
Author Topic: KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues  (Read 828309 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2490 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:12 AM »

lol I cant do all that withing one update. I mean it would take awhile to get the grab animation everyone deems good. Other news, I finally got down throw to stab foes into the ground. XD and side B graphics are exactly like Dissadia's Grin

new side B graphic

Hm... Shrink the GFX a bit, and that will be great, for this attack, they should be little cutters. As for down B, they should be half Sephiroth's size

As I said, one of the biggest problems now he has, is the GFX being too big. Regulate them to match more how Brawl does them... Small, but noticeable.

Just make those little cutters, and make down B air's GFX half Sephiroth's size.

Side B ground is a good example of the GFX being just right, not too big, but has impact...

Make the others match this ideal. Not too big, but has impact.

...And I'm glad to hear the down throw will be like what Aaf wanted. Smiley
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:13:34 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Hackingstar
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Featured Famous Hacker Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2491 on: July 21, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »

like i said, this psa will soon be the BOMB. XD

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2492 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:40 AM »

like i said, this psa will soon be the BOMB. XD
    This, but it has a few things it needs...

Like smaller GFX on some moves... Like even DO's new side B air GFX... They need to be small little cutters, rather then ones bigger then the characters.

And some others being made smaller too...

Side B ground is fine however, that doesn't need any changes.

And it needs what I said in my huge feedback on the last page too.
    XD

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

Hmp... Very well. Let's do this.

• Awards Favorite'd Featured Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2493 on: July 21, 2011, 11:05:44 AM »

ahh! everytime i get the new Sephiroth, an even better one comes out. lol XD well this is starting to look really good... and it makes me wish my PSP and my Wii werent broken. lol good job DO on everything and everyone who made this PSA come to life.

oh and also thank you all those who reviewed it and gave their incredible feedback. Smiley without you guys, the PSA wouldnt have improved as great as it has. Cheesy

Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2494 on: July 21, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »

Oh and also thank you all those who reviewed it and gave their incredible feedback. Smiley without you guys, the PSA wouldnt have improved as great as it has. Cheesy
    You're very much welcome. Tongue

However, I have a question to you... Would you all be alright with the GFX being smaller in size on some moves? This way, he fits in more with the cast of Smash. I feel it would help finalize Sephiroth. As well as balancing the final bits here and there. And the final animations.

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2495 on: July 21, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »

well on my opinion i believe that Sephiroth on Dissidia does have small GFX on those moves you mentioned. and i also believe they should be smaller.  the GFX look great but they do need to be modified so they arent that distracting. Just like the other characters of Brawl, they have GFX that you can tell what's coming, but its not entirely distracting.

so i agree that they should be toned down just a bit. the Meteor looks great the way it is. the Side B in air needs just be bit more smaller. and the Down B in air.. well im not entirely too sure about how the new GFX looks on that one, so i cant give my opinion on that.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2496 on: July 21, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »

I've not posted in a while, but I've read it all.

I totally agree with Data and Aafyre in all aspects. Ever since the beginning I've been wanting this, but I had no voice since I was the only one who'd ask for it.

Let's make a quick comparison...

Let's compare SDo0m's Cloud with vBrawl Roster:

A Attacks

-> All his Smashes and A attacks are normal attacks (Even though AAA and Side tilt has huge combos, they're fitting)

But, the exception would be Down and Up Smash, which I believe should be edited to fit the roster, but are passable.

B Attacks

-> Now, onto the Specials, EVERY attack fits the whole roster:

- Side B (Both Aerial and Grounded): Looks like something you could expect on a character. Falco/Fox and Ike have a similar attack to this (In respect to trajectory) so it fits.

- Neutral B: I don't think I should voice my opinion on this one, it's a totally normal projectile that fits vbrawl 100%

- Aerial Down B: The attack is similar to Side B, but diagonally downward, and if it hits someone, Cloud'd jump back. Sounds pretty fitting, in my opinion.

- Up B: It looks like it's huge, but the attack is not unfitting, since it doesn't connects 100% so you'd rarely get to abuse it for other things than recovery purposes, I just feel it'd need to be punishabled a bit more.

- Ground Down B:

Now this is what I'd call an unfitting move:

-The attack's too huge, something no other vBrawl character has.
    -Can be very strong too if properly used.
    -Covers an inmense area of the Stage.

But, it being the only one, it's fine.

And I don't need to mention Omnislash V5, the attack is too hard to pull out it fits.

Now let's compare this Sephiroth with the vBrawl Roster:

A Attacks

-> These needs total revision.

- Up Tilt: The attack is a projectile, an endless trajectory projectile.

- Side Tilt: Even though it looks OP and abuses GFX, it's not so storng, it really fits Sephiroth's multi hit style.

But still, these "Tilts" abuse many GFX, I'd say we need to recheck on Up Tilt, that move doesn't fits at all for a Tilt.

- Down Tilt really fits, it's the only vBrawl standard move.

- Up Smash is totally fitting

- Side Smash is fitting, and having an extra like Octaslash is nice, but I feel it needs to be edited to have more "cast time", to make it worthy (Let's say, sorta like Cloud's Omnislash)

- Down Smash needs to be looked at again, the fact Sephy attacks one side and hits on his back it's odd, and, again, it abuses too many GFX compared to vBrawl.

B Attacks

-> We saw some GFX abuse on the A Attacks, but here's where we'll have the most.

First, Ground Specials:

- Neutral B: This one is the same (Rather, similar) as Cloud's Meteorain in terms of range and GFX. It could fit if there weren't other attacks that exceed on GFX as well...

- Down B: This move... Grows 2 pillars of fire up to the top... GFX absue much? Way more than Neutral B, now we've got 2 non-vBrawl specials.

- Side B: This one totally fits, nothing of this one needs to be edited, other than some hitbox adjustments, and that's about it.

- Up B: The move totally fits vBrawl.

Now, Aerial Specials:

- Neutral B: Doesn't abuses GFX, serves its purpose, it fits Sephiroth.

- Down B: Too... Many.. GFX for vBrawl... It looks huger than Cloud's Meteorain. And that's 3 specials on the look.

- Side B: The move acts like Falco's, only that this one develops Sephiroth's trademark (Multihitting). It fits, but needs smaller GFX, not new, just smaller.

Now, with all this said, the comparison tells:

Cloud's GFX abusing: 1

Sephiroth's GFX abusing: 4-5

*Grabs anti-flaming shield*
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:08:36 PM by Cloudy » Logged

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2497 on: July 21, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »

I think part of what makes Sephiroth cool is that he never really puts much effort into things, so I think his animations should reflect that. For example, I like how in his Up Throw he just casually tosses the opponent upward. Other ones, though, like his Back Throw, just look like he's trying too hard.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but for a victory animation, you could have him look up slowly and then walk into a giant fire and disappear. You all know what I'm talking about. Vintage Sephiroth.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2498 on: July 21, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »

I think part of what makes Sephiroth cool is that he never really puts much effort into things, so I think his animations should reflect that. For example, I like how in his Up Throw he just casually tosses the opponent upward. Other ones, though, like his Back Throw, just look like he's trying too hard.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but for a victory animation, you could have him look up slowly and then walk into a giant fire and disappear. You all know what I'm talking about. Vintage Sephiroth.

What?

I sure know what you're meaning, my friend. Wink
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:10:44 PM by Cloudy » Logged

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2499 on: July 21, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »

oh that would be AWESOME! XD

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2500 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »

Agreed! I also agree that back throw (and forward throw) look very un Sephiroth like. It looks like he's trying much too hard.

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2501 on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:22 PM »

version 4.1 should be out tonight. I just finished editing and revamping graphics. Now Im about to change the Meteor fire graphics to something more pleasing to our eyes Grin. I haven't changed any of the throw animations only because theres too many different options going on here but if we can come up with an ideal back or forward throw then we can execute it.

This next update will involve brawl system customization, where we will use the common3.pac file to get sephiroth slash effects color. I recolored the common slash effects and edited the animations of them to be congruent to sephiroth's slashing style since we ran out of graphic models in the fitmarth.pac file. I also made other color edits to the slash effect that incudes: Blue, Red, Purple, and green. I think this will be nice to have since it gives more customization to sephiroth fans on brawl.

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

Hackingstar
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Featured Famous Hacker Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2502 on: July 21, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »

about the meteor fire, how pleasant if i may ask?  Awesome Face

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2503 on: July 21, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »

That would be pretty cool, although there would be a lot of GFX on it... But... Then again if done right, it would look cool. XD

And, I agree pretty much with what Wolfric said... Although I might miss that up tilt... Sad

version 4.1 should be out tonight. I just finished editing and revamping graphics. Now Im about to change the Meteor fire graphics to something more pleasing to our eyes Grin. I haven't changed any of the throw animations only because theres too many different options going on here but if we can come up with an ideal back or forward throw then we can execute it.

This next update will involve brawl system customization, where we will use the common3.pac file to get sephiroth slash effects color. I recolored the common slash effects and edited the animations of them to be congruent to sephiroth's slashing style since we ran out of graphic models in the fitmarth.pac file. I also made other color edits to the slash effect that incudes: Blue, Red, Purple, and green. I think this will be nice to have since it gives more customization to sephiroth fans on brawl.

Again, as long as you listened, and made the GFX smaller. It should be a fine update. Smiley

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2504 on: July 21, 2011, 11:13:09 PM »

That would be pretty cool, although there would be a lot of GFX on it... But... Then again if done right, it would look cool. XD

And, I agree pretty much with what Wolfric said... Although I might miss that up tilt... Sad
    Again, as long as you listened, and made the GFX smaller. It should be a fine update. Smiley

lol you sure like to repeat yourself huh... I resized most gfx like 2 days ago. I just don't like to spoil everything. sides, i'm also doing what I think is best.

EDIT: I also fixed up a lot of hit box issues like with down smash and air attacks.
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:16:23 PM by DivineOverlord » Logged

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

Pages:  1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 228
    Print
    Jump to: