Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 626923 times)
ToadKart
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1065 on: September 15, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »

Just an idea, and I've already done this to my own SSS, but maybe you could add stages from SSB4 to the pack? The Boxing Ring stage has already been made, there's a Wuhu Island stage that was recently made that's pretty similar to the one in SSB4, and there's more stages in the works like Wily's Castle and Gerudo Valley.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1066 on: September 15, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »

Just an idea, and I've already done this to my own SSS, but maybe you could add stages from SSB4 to the pack? The Boxing Ring stage has already been made, there's a Wuhu Island stage that was recently made that's pretty similar to the one in SSB4, and there's more stages in the works like Wily's Castle and Gerudo Valley.
    That might be pretty cool. But maybe I'll wait until the next release after this update, since there'll probably be more than 2 by then.

Post Merge: September 15, 2013, 05:03:25 PM
    I posted updates: 5.5 (Brawl) and 5.5m-r2 (P:M).
    The P:M version has a fancy new modlauncher.xml for Riivolution - anyone want to try it out. Riivo still won't work for me Sad
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:03:25 PM by libertyernie » Logged

GameAndWatcher
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1067 on: September 16, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »

Considering "The Beginning" being part of the CEP, I'm surprised that the "How to Play" Stage (if you click the direct link, it's STGHOWTOPLAY) from SSB64 isn't in this.

<- I Support MM8BDM!

Purpa(Rage83)
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1068 on: September 17, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »

I've got a question, libertyernie. Could I bother you to release a version with the SFX replacement code included for Project M?

Tyli
    Advanced Kitten

Yeahh...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1069 on: September 19, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »

I can't get Riivolution to work with normal/balanced Brawl.  Seems to be no data folder either.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1070 on: September 28, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »

I've got a question, libertyernie. Could I bother you to release a version with the SFX replacement code included for Project M?
    I've never used that code, so I don't know if I would be able to. But the txt file for the codes is included, so you could probably add it yourself.

DarkEagle7
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

Does it work on PAL?

GameAndWatcher
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »

Does it work on PAL?
    Sorry, NTSC only.

<- I Support MM8BDM!

Serebel
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1073 on: October 25, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

So I approached this in a bit of an unorthodox way. I built its SSE version (with the swimmable Great Bay, its alternate song, and the original SSE Jungle options; plus a set of custom portraits) into an ISO with the then-most recent Minus Max beta (0.60) and an input lag fix codeset, for use with a USB loader and external HDD. I used a separate custom save slot so it created a new, empty save file upon first booting. In spite of a lot of potential conflict and basically zero know-how on my part, everything has worked more or less perfectly and in tandem. There are a few issues with odd typographical glitches in menus (improper characters, misaligned option names, and the like), stage icons (a couple of the CEP icons duplicated and overwrote Minus Max or original Brawl ones, though these overwritten icons still lead to their proper stages), and stage elements (speed caps seem non-existent in very specific cases, such as enemies in the Mario Bros. stage), but none of this is significant enough to affect play.

I'm being so thoroughly descriptive because the one exceptional problem I do have seems too solitary to have resulted from my bizarre method of implementing CEP without there being equally severe problems elsewhere (which there aren't). On Brinstar Depths, the entire stage rotates at an absolutely unplayable speed, to the point that it instantaneously kills all players in a match by tossing them unstoppably into the stage limits. If I had to guess, I'd say this is related to the same issue that removes speed caps on a scant amount of other stage elements, but I don't have near enough wherewithal to troubleshoot what that issue might be. I honestly just got lucky in combining tutorials across the various things I poured into this ISO, and so have little useful knowledge when it comes to the ins and outs of Brawl hacking.

I scoured online as thoroughly as possible and noticed no mention of a similar problem with this specific custom stage, outside of one passing mention earlier in this thread that had no response. I figured going to the horse's mouth was my best bet to try narrowing down the cause of this, even if it's potentially an as-yet uncommonly encountered problem. It'd be a shame if I couldn't get this reconciled, since that was always one of my favorite stages for those times when you just don't give a rat's arse about competitiveness.  
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:37:21 PM by Serebel » Logged

Purpa(Rage83)
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1074 on: October 27, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »

I've got a NTSC (US) GCT of this with the SFX and cBliss code included, if it helps anybody.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1075 on: November 04, 2013, 07:32:43 AM »

I've never had that problem with Brinstar Depths, so I can't help with that Sad

By the way, Project M players should check out this project, which I'm working on right now (among other very cool people, of course!)
    « Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:35:52 AM by libertyernie » Logged

Quadraxis
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1076 on: November 04, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »

I've got a NTSC (US) GCT of this with the SFX and cBliss code included, if it helps anybody.
    It is for the Project M version? if it is for P:M, could you send me the GCT, please?

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1077 on: November 06, 2013, 10:49:30 AM »

Ernie, is there any chance you would release a version of the CEP that allows the added stages to be selected when choosing random? Brawl Minus is thinking about implementing it but if we can't get it working with random selection then it isn't gonna happen.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Purpa(Rage83)
    Expert Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1078 on: November 07, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »

Is the N64 How To Play stage getting added to the pack? It'd be a decent way to use up that final slot, imo.

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1079 on: November 08, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »

if im putting a stage over one of the new added stages, what .rel do i use? or what stage do i make sure i put it over?

Pages:  1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: