Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SD card stopped working  (Read 991 times)
RevengeHunter
Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 24, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »

I was playing Brawl today and suddenly my hacks disappeared after the victory screen. Now my Wii doesn't recognise the SD card which means i have no brawl hacks and no homebrew apps! I tried to access the sd card with my pc but it says I have to format it. What can I do to make my sd card work again without losing all the stuff I have on it?

Another thing: what can I do to prevent this from happening (I know I should make backups regularly but I'm too lazy)
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:20:01 AM by BloodHunter » Logged

Juri Han
    Extreme Kitten

Give me your XTC~♥

• Awards Active Contributor Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »

You can't really use laziness as an excuse. Your SD card DOES need to be formatted from time to time, and making backups should be done often.

As for the warning your PC is giving you...can you still access your files at all? If so, copy all of them to a separate folder, and then format the SD. If not, you probably have no way of recovering the files that are on there. But I could be wrong about that last part, so don't get rid of them until some more people answer, I guess.

RevengeHunter
    Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

I just found a way to recover my files. I downloaded a program called GetDataBack which can access AND copy the files from my sd to the pc. All I need to do is copy everything to pc, format my sd and put everything back on it. Just saying it for people who might get the same problem I have.

Maybe it's time I start making backups  Grin

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: