Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Official KC:MM Project Zero. (READ LATEST POST!)  (Read 12287 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »

ZERO  
    PROJECT UPDATES!!
    Currently Working On: : ATTENTION!! WE NEED ANIMATORS URGENTLY!!!....... NUKE: Dash....Velen: Attack 1,2,3...        Happy Face To Know Whats Completed Check Below vVv Happy Face *Completed So Far, Status Bar Added Below*                                               Follow us on Twitter AWESOME 2.0!... Im Kidding XD MOVESET
    Size:  Zero is a little taller than Fox is.

Weight :  He is also a bit weighty due to his armor and body shape.

Walk : He has a moderate walking speed, cautiously moving forward.

Run : He is an average runner.

Power : Some of his attacks hit hard.

Attack Speed : He focuses on using swift attacks some of the time, and slower, more powerful ones
    in other places.

Range :His Z-Saber gives him quite a bit of range.

Air Speed : Zero's special Air Dodges give him some aerial mobility. Especially if you're SHAD'ing.

Jabs:  Z-Combo - Zero's infamous Triple Slash attack. First a vertical cut, then a horizontal cut, then a vertical saber smash (non-MMZ). 1-2-(2,2,2)%

F-Tilt: Hilt Whip: Zero takes his saber, but leaves it inactive as he whips the butt of the hilt out in front of him before returning it to his back, pressing A after the first hit will make him activate the saber and slash to the left for more damage, but more endlag in return. 5, 4%

D-Tilt: Low Kick: Zero will whip out his right leg in a sweep like he is trying to trip up the competition. This will send the opposing character high into the air at higher percents (around 135 - 160%). 6% Special: This move can be performed out of an Initial Dash to perform a short-range sliding kick.

U-Tilt: Reishouken: Zero will perform a weak punch with his left hand, then follow up with a brutal uppercut by pressing the A button after the first attack hits. Has a sweetspot 4/6 of the way through the uppercut. 2% 7%

Dash Attack: Hikoashi: Zero will perform a flying roundhouse kick forward. Does moderate KB that get's nasty around 200%. 9%

F-Smash: F-Smash: Rei Shiki Toppa: Zero will pull his arm back with saber in hand, and thrust it forward. 9% uncharged, 13% full charge.

D-Smash: Rei Tengaizan: Zero will perform a over head slash that hits behind him, above him, and in front of him. Inspired by Juuhazan from X8. Has three different ranges of damage for each of the three main hit boxes. This may be changed in the future for a better smash.

U-Smash: Shouryukyaku: Zero will perform a trio of kicks similar to Chun-Li's Tenshoukyaku after hopping up off the ground and into the air. This is the only grounded move besides Rising that will bring Zero into the air, as he goes into his falling animation after the attack. 3% 4% 6%

Nair: Senpukyaku: Zero will perform a spinning kick in mid-air that has a little start-up lag and multiple revolutions. Does multiple hits. 3, 3, 2, 1%

F-Air: Aerial Slash - Zero does his aerial attack from the X games. Pressing A after the slash will make him perform a straight punch. Three-Four Hits. 1, 2, 2% or 1, 2, 2, 2%

D-Air: Skull Crusher: Zero will raise his saber over his head, and swing it down, and then hold it out for as long as A is head before putting it away. The middle and end of the swing have sweet spots, with the middle of the swing being a mediocre Meteor Smash. Can be combo'd into by Nair and Fair, but not U-air, Bair, or itself.

U-Air: Shouryuzan & Kuenzan: Zero will perform a weak uppercut slash in mid air. Pressing U-Air again after this will make Zero perform Kuenzan for three weak hits. Using Kuenzan makes the U-Air have more endlag however.
    4% and 2% 1% 1%

B-Air: Counter Cut: Zero will quickly turn about and slash in mid-air, pressing A will make him perform another one with less hitstun and range.

Neutral B: Z-Buster - Zero's Z-buster can be used in one of two ways: Firing normally or Charging. Firing normally makes Zero generate Samus' Charge Shot graphic, and he can fire of one shot per- 3/4 of a second consecutively with a maximum of three on screen at once. Charging to Level 2 will result in a medium-sized Chaos Spear graphic to be generated, and more damage dead. Level 3 will result in firing off a large Duon Shot. The final charge level consists of two Charged Buster shots an a Slash Wave. Almost every move Zero has can combo into the buster.

Uncharged - 4%, First Charge - 8%,  Second Charge- 14% Final Charge - 6, 6, 7%

Side B: Hienkyaku/Dash: Zero will dash forward a considerable distance, and while on the ground, Zero can dash diagonally into the ait if the Analog Stick is diagonal while pressing Side B. Also, if Side B + A is held, Zero will instead perform Dash from MM Xtreme, where he dashes forward with with his Saber held out. Dash can also be performed in the air, but it can't be used diagonally. Both will go through the opponent, but can be stopped mid-dash into and attack if B+A were not held. Both moves can go through their opponents, like Fox Illusion can, but only Dash does damage in passing.
    10%

Down B (Ground): Giga Attack: Completely refitted from the previous version. This version of the Down B will do three different attacks of different magnitudes depending on the Z-Buster charge. If this move is used, the Z-Buster's charge will be drained and you will need to charge another shot.

When there is no charge. Nothing happens except a non-damaging shock-wave.

When in the first Level, Zero will perform a weak Earth Gaizer that does multiple hits around him for a small amount of damage. It's very quick, and has quite a bit of hitstun, but almost no KB.

When in the second level. Zero will perform Rekkouha Kai, causing  several laser arrows to rise out of the ground around him in a wide range. This attack has high killing power at around 230% if the opponent lasts that long, but it has comparatively low damage output.

In the Final Charge Level, Zero will perform Tenshouha. This move is a Pseudo-Final Smash. Zero will punch the ground and cause an extremely wide, damaging column of light to appear, centered on his position. This attack has almost no killing power, but very high damage output, and multiple hits. Not only that, it has a small start-up lag where Zero's fist flashes before the attack executes. To get a grasp of how wide the attack is. Take Zero, then imagine putting two and a quarter Bowsers on each side of him. In other words. If you're playing the close range game, and you're in the air and you don't interrupt the attack before he executes it, it's already too late.
    Down B (Air): Pending...

Rising: Yet another move from MM Xtreme makes it's debut into Brawl. Zero will lunge forward slightly before going into a Rising uppercut slash. Like the Side B and Neutral B, Rising can be combo'd into out and out by some moves. Does three-five hits depending one how early it connects.
    3,3,5% or, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5%

Grab: Zero grabs for the enemy with his left hand.

G-Jab: Zero socks his victim in the head with his right fist. Damage 2%.

F-Throw: Zero punches victim in the stomach with his Buster, then discharges it, sending them flying. Damage 6% with a small – moderate KB in both Directions.

B-Throw: Zero does a side-snap ( a type of kick) and sends the victim flying back behind him. Damage 4% with Moderate KB.

U-Throw: Zero throws the opponent into the air and fires off a Charged Shot. Damage 8%. Can kill.

D-Throw: Zero slams the victim onto the ground the slashes them with his Z-Saber. Damage 7%, Cannot kill and has no KB, Downs the opponent.

F-Dodge: Zero dashes forward, then spins around to face the opposite direction.

B-Dodge: Zero performs a reverse Dash.

Spot Dodge: Zero sidesteps quickly.

FS (New Proposal): Genmurei: Zero charges energy into his Saber before unleashing a giant slash wave that goes through everything (meaning it is not stopped by the stage's topography). Anyone who is not shielding when this FS is used will be KO'd instantly, and anyone who shields will instantly have it broken.

or

Genmurei (Proposal Two): Zero flies up above the stage in the center. Then stays there before spinning vertically, unleashing waves of projectiles from his Saber eight times, bombing the stage below himself with them before dropping back down to the stage. This attack does moderate damage high KB.
    ------
    Special Characteristics (currently only Proposals):

Initial DASH: Zero's initial dash (If the control stick isn't held) causes Zero to perform a mid-range Dash (kinda like the Eldrian PSA except a slightly shorter distance).

Hienkyaku Jump: Zero's second jump is the equivalent of Falco's initial jump.

Zero Combo: Zero's Buster gets a fourth charge level where he fires off two Charged Shot and follows up with a slash wave.

WHAT EACH MEMBER IS WORKING ON:
    Velen:
    Attack 11 -13, Special up
    NUKE:
    Dash – Fall Special F

TO DO:
    Landing Fall special – Rebound, Attack Dash – Ladder Wait

COMPLETED:
    Wait 1-Walk Slow

CURRENTLY HIRING:
    Animators

ATTENTION TEAM MEMBERS!
    When going to release a file to the team, make sure to PM it… DO NOT post it..

VIDEOS:
    *Still In Progress*

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    *Still In Progress*

COMPLETED:
    [][][][][][][][][] 20%

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:50:26 AM by Velinas D. Wolfwood » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »

ATTENTION ANY AND ALL ANIMATORS: Zero's moveset has been updated with revised moves.

Please refer to the moveset so that you don't get lost.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »

Why a punch for his U-tilt? and I might have seen a punch for another move but why a punch? Zero doesn't really punch a lot and kinda shows a lack of his saber skills. not impressed

BTW oddly enough, why is zero down smash hit everywhere BUT down?
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:35:40 PM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »

Hrm...Interesting moveset. I like most of the options, it seems like he'd be a decent character to play as assuming he can combo well. Also, for the D-Smash, it may not be permanent, though it makes sense when you think about how other characters' d-smash moves work. It does fit though IMO.

Also, on a more serious note, I have the f-tilt animation done, if you want to add that to the completed list (or if you're even messing around with that). I may fine-tune some minor interpolation stuff in the legs but it's not anything that would detract from the animation. Also, FallAerial is finished. I may go back and fix the scaling on the other decently-done animations in the community pack, assuming that they will actually fit the moveset (pretty much the aerial animations).

*EDIT* - I may have found a solution for the mouth texture glitch involving getting the texture back to what it's supposed to look like. It won't be as good as the regular texture (half the pixel size on the dark textures vs. normal textures), but it will do the job. Mostly depends on if I can find my Photoshop install CD soon...
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:57:22 PM by IWasAPerson » Logged

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 05:09:17 AM »

I'm still interested in animating for this project. There is a sample in my BrawlVault (keep in mind they where rough and quick).

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:07:39 PM »

@IYX: That's because Zero is known for being a Melee fighter, and the K-Knuckle is one of the weapons he has that has almost as many techniques as the Z-Saber. The K-Knuckle also includes a couple of kicking techniques. Thus the reason for that.

@IWASP: Thanks very much, you're working hard while I've busying myself with life and school most of the time.

@VILE: You're in, but let me lay down some things for you.

1. If you're going to make animations that emulate Zero. Use the sprites at SPRITES INC for reference, please. I personally do not want to see any TvC-like animations in this.

2. Be sure to tell people when you have finished one or more of the animations. It helps keep track of progress.

3. If you won't be able to work on the project for a time, just say so. I won't hold anything against you.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »

@Velen, are you still revising the move set? I have seen a couple changes.  Did Quake Blaze not fit the Down B Air slot?
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:00:46 PM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »

I got the DamageN1 animation done a few days ago, finally got around to acknowledging it. I'm gone on vacation all this week (as of Monday morning till next Monday to be exact), so chances are I won't be working on anything. If I do it might be a minor animation, but I've got better and more fun things to be doing than making animations this week...

@IYIax: Quake blaze seems like it's a little too close to Link's dair attack to be fitting for the PSA. If it were to take the elemental path Ryuenjin would be a more iconic option than Rising, although flames are the only difference between the two. And Hyoretsuzan would give a better variety for elements in that mindset than Quake blaze. That's just my two cents on the situation though.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Hey heres an idea for the Air Down B. being that usually charged moves can be released in brawl no matter if they're in the air or ground (samus, lucario, wario, diddy, etc.) so maybe he could still have charges but rather than moves revolving around the ground, have aerial based moves. because imagine if all the characters I said earlier couldnt release their charged moves in the air. Especially samus and lucario, if they werent able to do that, they wouldnt have nearly be as capable to fight in the air.
    « Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:23:55 PM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »

Hey heres an idea for the Air Down B. being that usually charged moves can be released in brawl no matter if they're in the air or ground (samus, lucario, wario, diddy, etc.) so maybe he could still have charges but rather than moves revolving around the ground, have aerial based moves. because imagine if all the characters I said earlier couldnt release their charged moves in the air. Especially samus and lucario, if they werent able to do that, they wouldnt have nearly be as capable to fight in the air.

There's only one problem: most of those moves are their Neutral B moves (not counting Wario), and Zero has never had aerial Giga Attacks.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 04:49:56 AM »

Well guys. It's been a long time coming...-but I think I need to say it.

Project Zero (at least, for me) has come to a halt.

The reason for this is that I don't really have the motivation to do Zero anymore.

ShadowSnake started the project months ago. Soul took over, then Nuke took over, then I took over...-and there has been little notable progress on my part since last year when I tried making some of the attack animations, that's -practically speaking- the last time I TOUCHED Zero's animations due to schoolwork taking priority and most of my focus with it.

I may continue Zero later...-but as it stands, I have no motivation for working on him, and I need to find it again before I do...

This isn't a "I'm leaving the project permanently" thing. This is a "I'm taking a break from thinking about Zero" thing.

I won't lock the topic though.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »

Will you be working on it in the summer?

Btw is IWasAPerson still working on this?
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:53:41 AM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »

Will you be working on it in the summer?

Btw is IWasAPerson still working on this?

As it stands. That's a big fat maybe.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »

A maybe? even during the summer? where times are happier?

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 12:35:43 AM »

To let everyone know, I'm slowly working on stuff. And by slowly, I mean everything in my life is taking priority over this.

I halted on animations for a while, for 4 reasons, two still going on.

1. Life, 'cause animation takes a lot of time and I was on vacation 2 weeks ago. Also, college is back in session and I've been sick for half a week.

2. Once BeyondYou's Zero V3 was announced and the first preview pics went up, I wanted to wait until it came out. If Velen wanted to jump ship on the TvC model and start working with the vertex, it'd be pointless to make more animations for the TvC model. On the flipside of that coin, if I started doing animations for the vertex and we decided to keep using the import, I'd be sh** out of luck.

3. I was researching with Vile, mostly Vile though since he found out the format very quickly, on the .mot animation files from TvC. Last time I talked to him he was working on a converter for the format since it's dependent on bone numbers and .mot is a container format for individual animations. If he ever finishes that, this'll make the process much easier.

4. I started messing around with other stuff that didn't take hours to do. Like making a couple of standing animations for the Dante (DMC3 version) vertex with his sword on the back, which is a complete pain in itself. But I also fixed the face texture and I almost have the 4 other emotion face textures for Zero. Exported, they show up fine in windows preview but have a transparency embedded into it everywhere else. It'll amount to finding a proper way to deal with them.

On a good note, Velen, you listed a bunch of deformities with the model in one of the other threads. Those mostly come from the W_Zero textures (the semi-dark ones). The hole in the nose is nonexistent using the normal mouth texture. Also, the proportion and resolution issues are fixed (like the ankle and ears). Probably has to do with the W and S textures having about half the resolution of the normal textures. On top of that, if we don't use the W textures then Polygons 20-59 are completely useless.

That's what I have done, and why I haven't done much else. Also, I finished up AttackS3S a while back.

I know, lengthy post is lengthy, but since this is going to probably go nowhere for a while, here's a list of what I have done recently:

DamageN1 (Neutral damage 1)
    Dash Attack
    Falling
    Backwards Falling
    S-Tilt attack

So, yeah, there you have it. And IYIax: Do you have any animation skills whatsoever? I mean any at all? You seem to show a lot of interest in this and if you have the motivation to do this it'll help out a lot. Even if you have just enough of a grasp on it to make decent animations on Brawl models, or if you're a quick learner, I can help you out with getting accustomed to the TvC model.

Whew...

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: