Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Make previews of sounds of brsar using Brawlbox. (Tutorial)  (Read 8817 times)
Psycho Philia
Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 03, 2011, 04:48:10 AM »

Hi! There are some people who want to do some sound hacking but who can't make it because they don't manage to make any previews in Smashbox. Most of the time, those who can't make any preview in Smashbox are those who use a 64 bit version of any Windows. This tutorial is directed towards them, it will learn you to make previews for smashbros_sound.brsar using Brawlbox and not Smashbox, and at the same time it will allow you to know the precise time of a sound. I give credits to Tcll because he is the one who posted the way to do it.

So, here we go!

Open Brawlbox, click on file in the upper left corner and click on open.

After that, search where your smashbros_sound.brsar, click on it and open it.

You should have some yellows folder. If it is not the case, click on the sign + behind smashbros_sound.

Among these yellow folders, there is a folder called snd, click on the sign + behind it.

You should now have other yellow folders, click on the sign + behind vc.

Now you should have other yellow folders, featuring the name of the characters you can play with, individually, so it means there is an individual folder for Giant Koopa, for Zero Suit Samus, For Nana and for Popo. (the two Ice Climbers.) But be careful some names appear with their japanese name, for example Lizardon for Charizard. The folder called ouen is probably the voice of the announcer, but be careful, I'm not sure, I didn't verified.

So, let's say you want to make a preview of Ganondorf's sounds. Click on the sign + behind Ganondorf.

Now should have some files with the sign S.

Click on one of these files with the sign S.

Now, look at what is written in the right. In the right, there is a folder. In the category RSAR Sound, memorize the number that is in front of the word FileId. In the case of Ganondorf, it should be 583 for an english.brsar.

Now, click on smashbros_sound.

After that, look at the folder in the bottom right corner. You'll see some numbers. Search the number you found earlier in front of FileId.

Once you have found this number, make a right click on this number, and click on the export button.

Place the file you export where you desire, but be careful. The file in our case of Ganondorf should be called [247] RWSD. Make sure to rename it like this for example.

[247].RWSD.

If there is no dot, Brawlbox won't detect it. Once you have renamed it, use brawlbox again, and search the file you exported and open it. Now you should be able to make previews of sounds of Ganondorf and see their precise time. But be careful, there are some sounds when you click on them that are followed by a bug on Brawlbox. If you meet one of these sounds, once there is the message bug, click on continue and that's all. This bug means you can't make any preview of this sound, and besides that you can't replace it with Stickman's guide for example.

I hope this tutorial helped you, and if you manage to apply it, that it will help you in the case you want to do some sound hacking. And besides, with it, you should be able to see that there are some sounds for characters some time that are not used by the game. Good luck for using this tutorial, I think it is really precise, it is a little long for what it is, but it is because I wanted to be really precise. Once you have this tutorial in mind, I can assure you that it is not long to apply this entire tutorial. The first time is longer because you need to apply this tutorial step by step but after that, you'll see it's very easy! I hope I and Tcll were useful for you!
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:31:56 AM by Psycho Philia » Logged

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »

I'm not sure at 100%, but I think at 99% that the number you have after your audio as it is in hex needs to be converted into decimal.

For example, in Brawlbox if you have Audio0A, if you convert it in decimal, you should get 10 So in smashbox, this sound that is in Brawlbox should be Wave10. But again, I'm not completely sure as I can't make any previews in Smashbox, but it is the logic.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:51:58 AM by Psycho Philia » Logged

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000 Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:47:27 AM »

Hmm... I tried testing Dedede's effects. Dedede has 100 sound effects.
    Every file in Brawl box led me to 151 which only provided me with about twenty or so. It said 34 but half of them made no noise at all.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:55:33 AM »

This time I have absolutely no idea of what the problem is... 34 in Brawlbox doesn't mean there are only 34 sounds, it means there are 52, but it is true that this lack of sounds is a problem, I honestly don't know what it means, maybe we should ask to someone who can test with Brawlbox and smashbox...

Edit: No, no. Were completely mistaken! The number of voices for Dedede is correct and conform in Smashbox and in Brawlbox. You, you're talking about the sound effects, which is absolutely not the same thing!
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:57:55 AM by Psycho Philia » Logged

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:48:02 AM »

Well this will be helpful, Thanks!! ^^

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »

Question:

Does this work with Brawlbox 6.3d (i.e. modset 4.1 which is the most recent one)?  Because I tried it with that it and failed for me T-T

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »

Hum, I use brawlbox 63d and it works for me... But i don't know if this the modset you have if you talk me how to know it I would be happy to see it.

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »

How do I find the sound effects then?
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:47:39 AM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:52:04 AM »

I will verify very soon, but normally for finding sounds effects using Brawlbox, you should have to do the same thing than I posted in my first post, excepted that you're not searching in the vc folder, but the se folder.

Edit: I verified, it is this.
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:06:09 AM by Psycho Philia » Logged

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »

Ah yes, that's correct.
    Perfect.

But I've listened to every sound in each folder and can't seem to find the file for Dedede's final smash.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 05:00:23 AM »

What precise sound would you want to find about Dedede's final smash?

Because I took a look, and I found the end of the final smash I think, it is audio26.

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 06:48:30 AM »

The long one of him... singing or whatever.
    Where he goes HOO HAA HA HOO HA.. etc.

Im srs here I wish I could explain that better... do you get what I mean though?

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:23 AM »

I think, but I'm not sure, that the final smash owns sounds of different types, I'm not sure though, it is just a theory.

There is the music that plays, obviously, it is not in the sound effects and in the voices of Dedede.

There is the beginning of the final smash, I didn't found it in the voices or in the sound effects of Dedede, so I suppose maybe it is a part of this music. I'm not sure of course.

And the last is when Dedede laughs at the end of the Final smash, it is inside Dedede's voices and it is audio26 as I said to you in my previous post.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 07:42:32 AM »

Guide is pretty effective.  Too bad that you can't listen to the smash taunt conversations this way though.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »

Ah, you're talking about the special events in fox's, falco's, wolf's, and snake's taunts? Indeed, you can't with this way, because these conversations are not in the voices in Brawlbox, they are in an other place. But I suppose at least this guide will help sound hackers who can't make previews with Smashbox like me, and this was the first purpose I had writting it! Laugh

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: