KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 16, 2015, 01:59:28 AM
More Smesh Charizard stuff.

For the Mini PSA version, Charizard will have Rock Smash (Down Special) and Flare Blitz (Side Special). (But there will be a version in which Down Special is Fly, rather than Rock Smash for PM)

For the Project M version of the moveset, every aspect of Project M Charizard will remain the same, aside from the changed Specials.

For the Brawl version however, moves will be changed in damage and knockback to match Smesh Charizard's updated attacks (I may animate the changed moves as well). Its attributes will also match Smesh Charizard.

Like the original release, the rock also had rim lighting, but I replaced that with the same spec map material that the new Charizard uses. http://gfycat.com/RightSilkyBackswimmer

And for Flare Blitz, I made the move function similarly to how it does in Smash Wii U/3D, but with a few buffs.
Said buffs include:
-Being able to tech off the ground during the recoil (not walls though).
-Increased damage. (23 damage, as opposed to 19 damage in Smesh).
-Increased knockback.
-Invincibility during the first few Frames of startup.
-Super Armor during the rush (that gets weaker as the move progresses and as damage increases).
-Shorter animation (basically uses the same animation my Solo Charizard uses for its own version of Flare Blitz, but if enough people want it, then I'll try making a recreation of the Smesh Flare Blitz animation).
http://gfycat.com/RewardingWellgroomedAfricanparadiseflycatcher
Your animation looks good, but i think it should have some kind of charging up animation for start up. Right now, it looks like he just goes forward because start up is so low and he doesn't moves much.

July 16, 2015, 03:00:07 AM #6466 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:05:33 PM by KingJigglypuff
I was told exactly that earlier over Skype by someone.

I'll be sure to change that up.

Edit: Yee. (The startup could use a bit of work though.)
http://gfycat.com/AngelicSphericalBronco
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 16, 2015, 03:00:07 AM
I was told exactly that earlier over Skype by someone.

I'll be sure to change that up.

Edit: Yee. (The startup could use a bit of work though.)
http://gfycat.com/AngelicSphericalBronco

Yeah, it does.
How about adding some GFX to it?

I do intend on attempting to import the Smash Wii U Flare Blitz GFX, but there's only one issue.

If I do this, then it will have to only be for the Project M version, as custom GFX with the Pokemon requires the removal of the Pokemon Trainer's GFX for some reason.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 17, 2015, 10:32:41 AM
I do intend on attempting to import the Smash Wii U Flare Blitz GFX, but there's only one issue.

If I do this, then it will have to only be for the Project M version, as custom GFX with the Pokemon requires the removal of the Pokemon Trainer's GFX for some reason.
How about improvising? Like using generic/common GFX or something?

Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on July 17, 2015, 11:45:56 AM
How about improvising? Like using generic/common GFX or something?

Then everyone would have to install another file that edits every character


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on July 17, 2015, 01:15:22 PM
Then everyone would have to install another file that edits every character
I mean using common GFX that already exists for GFX on start up. Not replacing common GFX with one he wanted to use.

July 17, 2015, 05:40:16 PM #6472 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:51:20 PM by KingJigglypuff
Sure, I can play around with common GFX.

As for the animation itself, here's the full animation in gif form.
(Ignore the feel sliding, as the TransN bone was nulled for this preview)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Animation details.
Startup: 35 Frames.
Attack Duration: 40 Frames.
Cooldown: 40 Frames.
Total: 115 Frames.

Any thoughts?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

What bone is used to rotate him? Hipn?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

XRotN. The HipN is a nightmare to work with.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Can you put up a gif with no XRotN rotation?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 17, 2015, 08:32:36 PM #6476 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:34:49 PM by KingJigglypuff
During the 40 Frames of attack, there's no animation. Only a single pose, as I need to preserve file size. I forgot to static the HipN translation during that part, hence Charizard skidding backward during the 40 Frames in the first gif.

http://gfycat.com/TheseUnkemptFlyinglemur
I had to upload to gfycat, as imgur's being a [censored] right now.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I think during the 40 frames, you could have small rotation towards the right with his legs/arms or something. Would help it look a bit nicer.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Charizard's gonna be covered with GFX the entire time it's spinning, so it would be rather pointless, but I can always try something.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

i think the spinning is fine as it is, brawl is full of static animations of this kind, and as you said, he'll be covered in flames all the time, and the rotation itself is enough to fool the eye