KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: KingOfChaos on May 18, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
Right here.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So, a headbutt like attack instead of the tail attack?
I'm fine with that. :D
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on May 18, 2014, 09:49:28 PM
Lookin good on the animations.

For the raptor,

My only nitpicks are that everything moves back to idle at the same time (foot lifts up, hands start counter rotating, head comes back all at the same time). It's fine when it's a wip, but for polish, it'd help with flow for things to overlap and follow through instead of everything moving from A to B at the same rate/time throughout.

Also at the start of the lunge, I feel like his right leg should come up a bit, body lean back a little more, then push off with the grounded leg.  When he comes back, his body/head should come back first, then the foot shoot be be delayed and pulled back at some point.  

An even smaller nitpick would be that the hands seem to start rotating back when he comes back.  Instead, it should follow through with it's initial rotation and be dragged back like a rope/cloth/(w/e works for your imagination) object being pulled.


Again, it looks pretty good.
Thanks.

Is this any better?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I think the right leg should remain extended a bit longer than the rest of his body.

ehh actually you took a wrong step back.  Along with what Gravity said, the head arc is broken now (the old one was better).  Also don't forget about letting the hands continue to follow through with it's rotation. 

I dunno about this one, but maybe have the a tail whip faster, more in sync at the beginning with the lunge? -with follow through ofc.

Take a look at the last animation for raptor. He ends up standing on one leg for a moment, pushing his entire body weight backwards on the leg that is already behind his center of gravity.
I really like that he moves his leg forward with that bite, but that leg is also the last thing he should pull back, simply because it's that leg he supports himself on when pushing himself back :)
You Never Know!

Quote from: Gravity on May 18, 2014, 10:15:16 PMI think the right leg should remain extended a bit longer than the rest of his body.
Quote from: TheShyGuy on May 18, 2014, 10:25:08 PMehh actually you took a wrong step back.  Along with what Gravity said, the head arc is broken now (the old one was better).  Also don't forget about letting the hands continue to follow through with it's rotation. 

I dunno about this one, but maybe have the a tail whip faster, more in sync at the beginning with the lunge? -with follow through ofc.
Quote from: zutox on May 18, 2014, 10:32:32 PMTake a look at the last animation for raptor. He ends up standing on one leg for a moment, pushing his entire body weight backwards on the leg that is already behind his center of gravity.
I really like that he moves his leg forward with that bite, but that leg is also the last thing he should pull back, simply because it's that leg he supports himself on when pushing himself back :)
Is this better? :>.>:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Yeahp, buut how about having the front foot slide a bit (instead of a complete halt)  after the lunge and drag on the ground back to idle instead of picking it up all the way (or a mix of this).  His front knee sorta extends too far and looks off. 

Everything else looks better now.  Hand motions are looking good too.

....nope nope...Maybe have the jaw close at the same moment or a moment after he lunges completely.  With a lunge like that, you kinda expect his jaw to snap close ykno?

Quote from: TheShyGuy on May 18, 2014, 11:18:28 PM
Yeahp, buut how about having the front foot slide a bit (instead of a complete halt)  after the lunge and drag on the ground back to idle instead of picking it up all the way (or a mix of this).  His front knee sorta extends too far and looks off. 

Everything else looks better now.  Hand motions are looking good too.

....nope nope...Maybe have the jaw close at the same moment or a moment after he lunges completely.  With a lunge like that, you kinda expect his jaw to snap close ykno?
How's this?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

May 18, 2014, 11:52:08 PM #5393 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:54:42 PM by TheShyGuy
mhm I think it looks a whole lot better now. The only thing that catches my eye is that the front foot should ease back into idle instead of abruptly moving and stopping.  But that's such a small detail that I wouldn't really worry about it too much.  I doubt anyone would even notice in game.  By this point, I think it looks pretty solid.  I don't got much else to say.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on May 18, 2014, 11:52:08 PM
mhm I think it looks a whole lot better now. The only thing that catches my eye is that the front foot should ease back into idle instead of abruptly moving.  But that's such a small detail that I wouldn't really worry about it too much.  I doubt anyone would even notice in game.  By this point, I think it looks pretty solid.  I don't got much else to say.
That's a relief.

Thanks for the pointers, everyone. \o0o/
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Based on the poll, I have nerfed Smokescreen by making it run on a timer and reducing the knockback.

I have updated the poll once again. This may be my final poll in terms for Solo Charizard.

As for the public release, I'd like to make it sometime before July of this year. All that's left is to complete Standard Charizard's Final Smash (waiting for TheShyGuy), make Mega Charizard Y recolors [I was wanting Nano to do these, but I don't want to put too much work on him (since he has school and his own projects to tend to), so I'll attempt them myself], and to get him working over Link for those who don't want to use BrawlEx (Carnage provided me with the needed files and codes).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

May 21, 2014, 05:14:18 AM #5396 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:07:20 AM by Kienamaru
Sorry, Brawl Minus has had me busy which is kind of strange considering I thought I wouldn't be. I know it's been like a week, but I'm finally gonna get to trying this out.

Post Merge: May 21, 2014, 09:05:37 AM

Aw man... this much feedback is ridiculous. Time for some spoilers.

Regular Charizard
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


X Charizard
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Y Charizard
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

The jumping is not supposed to do damage. That issue is due to not using the correct FighterXX.dat because I put Mega Charizard X's Up Special Animations for the normal Aerial Jump Sub Actions.

I really need to get the Link version working, because I'm tired of that same complaint. Your thoughts will likely change after the issue is fixed.

I'll send all the testers another updated version after I get everything fixed up for the Link version.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I finally got around to testing him today.

-The jump does damage, which I'm fine with, but it does too much knockback. I know you are working on fixing this, but I kinda like it.
-Zard X is basically just a punching bag in the air, but I assume you did that to balance his ground game out. Kinda like Zelda.
-Flare Blitz is a tad too strong. I'd say if you keep it this trong, add a bit more recoil damage.

That's really the only problems I saw with it. This is a very nice moveset that plays nicely and is fun to use. Nice job, KJP.

kjp read my second pm instead of the first since i skipped a 0 in the code and its a 17 liner code.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.