Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1815828 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2265 on: November 19, 2011, 09:06:27 AM »

@Albafika

That's exactly how I planned to do it for Zero as well XD  I have a decent idea for coding.  The way I was going to do it was have the Neutral B set a variable then instantly transition to Wait1 at frame 0.  Then, in the coding for a lot of the subactions (waiting, moving, jumping, some attacks etc) you could have a concurrent infinite loop showing something like this:

If: Bit is Set (the one that is set from when N-B was pressed)
         Change Action: Whatever (Probably 117) Requirement - Button Not Pressed 1
         Add Float Variable (X) +1
    End If

Then in the Action 117 (or whatever Action is being used) have the following:

If Compare: Float Variable (X) > about 180
            Change Subaction (max charge)
    Else
          If Compare:  Float Variable (X) > about 60
                  Change Subaction (2nd charge)
          Else
                  Change Subaction (1st charge)
          End If
    End If

Since the concurrent infinite loop causes a variable increment of +1 every frame, this means 2nd charge should come out after about a second, whilst 3rd should come out after about 3 seconds.

This of course is just a basic outline of how I think it should be structured.  It should definitely be possible to do, so I say experiment with shiz.  The shot could be based off of Link's arrow (much like how with the old version of Zero by Eldiran, the full blaster shot was based on Link's arrow) with separate external graphics over the top each of the charges.  

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2266 on: November 19, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »

I could try that and see if it works. But first I want to prefect the running and jumping part of the Neutral Special.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2267 on: November 19, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »

@Albafika

That's exactly how I planned to do it for Zero as well XD  I have a decent idea for coding.  The way I was going to do it was have the Neutral B set a variable then instantly transition to Wait1 at frame 0.  Then, in the coding for a lot of the subactions (waiting, moving, jumping, some attacks etc) you could have a concurrent infinite loop showing something like this:

If: Bit is Set (the one that is set from when N-B was pressed)
         Change Action: Whatever (Probably 117) Requirement - Button Not Pressed 1
         Add Float Variable (X) +1
    End If

Then in the Action 117 (or whatever Action is being used) have the following:

If Compare: Float Variable (X) > about 180
            Change Subaction (max charge)
    Else
          If Compare:  Float Variable (X) > about 60
                  Change Subaction (2nd charge)
          Else
                  Change Subaction (1st charge)
          End If
    End If

Since the concurrent infinite loop causes a variable increment of +1 every frame, this means 2nd charge should come out after about a second, whilst 3rd should come out after about 3 seconds.

This of course is just a basic outline of how I think it should be structured.  It should definitely be possible to do, so I say experiment with shiz.  The shot could be based off of Link's arrow (much like how with the old version of Zero by Eldiran, the full blaster shot was based on Link's arrow) with separate external graphics over the top each of the charges.  
    ... Hmm, I totally see what you mean. I feel good I partly understand the code. =D

And it seems KJP is making progress with it.

The shot could be based off of Link's arrow (much like how with the old version of Zero by Eldiran, the full blaster shot was based on Link's arrow) with separate external graphics over the top each of the charges.
    Could you elaborate a bit more? You're saying we could have the Lv. 2 and Lv. 3 charge with the bow?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2268 on: November 19, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

>.< I'm so close to getting the running+jumping to work. But I'm having dificulties with the jump part.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2269 on: November 19, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »

KJP, try thinking out of the box, since ur making a psa for a character with a lot of armor upgrades and stuff, maybe those can get imported over the model, and controlled by a bone, so when u use down-B for example, he starts charging or sumthing and upgrades, or by making 3 kills he upgrades... idk, something new and unique using the importer at ur advantage, im pretty sure samus has some bones that are there but dont controll anything with the import, right??

idk, ive always seen the import function very usefull for movesets, since u can add projectiles and stuff without using gfx

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2270 on: November 19, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »

KJP, try thinking out of the box, since ur making a psa for a character with a lot of armor upgrades and stuff, maybe those can get imported over the model, and controlled by a bone, so when u use down-B for example, he starts charging or sumthing and upgrades, or by making 3 kills he upgrades... idk, something new and unique using the importer at ur advantage, im pretty sure samus has some bones that are there but dont controll anything with the import, right??

idk, ive always seen the import function very usefull for movesets, since u can add projectiles and stuff without using gfx
    We're thinking about this, but first we're trying to finish the main moveset.

And, I feel having the X-Buster charge while running/jumping A attacking is something really unique already. Im srs here

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2271 on: November 19, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »

KJP, try thinking out of the box, since ur making a psa for a character with a lot of armor upgrades and stuff, maybe those can get imported over the model, and controlled by a bone, so when u use down-B for example, he starts charging or sumthing and upgrades, or by making 3 kills he upgrades... idk, something new and unique using the importer at ur advantage, im pretty sure samus has some bones that are there but dont controll anything with the import, right?? idk, ive always seen the import function very usefull for movesets, since u can add projectiles and stuff without using gfx
    I'm not sure if that's possible. :/

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2272 on: November 19, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »

why not? does samus the X model have any bone that controlls nothing? (shoulder pads, morph ball, idk)

if it has it, the next brawlbox will have a function to assign models to a single bone in an already existing model...

Master_Ryuk
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2273 on: November 19, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »

>.< I'm so close to getting the running+jumping to work. But I'm having dificulties with the jump part.
    Perfect it and i will lick your boots.  Im srs here

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2274 on: November 19, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »

Perfect it and i will lick your boots.  Im srs here
    lol. I don't wear boots I prefected the running, but not the jumping.

why not? does samus the X model have any bone that controlls nothing? (shoulder pads, morph ball, idk) if it has it, the next brawlbox will have a function to assign models to a single bone in an already existing model...
    That would be great, but it's not out yet. :/

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Protoman.EXE
    Extreme Kitten

Netbattler pro.

• Awards Hot Topic Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2275 on: November 19, 2011, 11:57:01 PM »

I assume that the MMX PSA is over Samus, so i say, that the UMVC3 model of him has been released and Beyond might do it, over Snake, because he has they both of facial poly's. So im asking if you'll do the PSA to match Beyond's

Sig by Segtendo. Epic

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #2276 on: November 20, 2011, 03:07:56 AM »

All the charge shot levels can be the bow,
    by making a model with all three of them overlapping
    with a bone for each. Then make each charge animation shrink the ones you aren't using.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2277 on: November 20, 2011, 06:18:04 AM »

The user Abbi. sent me a PM linking to two pages with great Megaman X ideas.
    http://s64.deviantart.com/art/SSBB-Moveset-Megaman-X-97742056
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/43477660
    I'm not going to directly copy these ideas, but I might use a few of them.

I assume that the MMX PSA is over Samus, so i say, that the UMVC3 model of him has been released and Beyond might do it, over Snake, because he has they both of facial poly's. So im asking if you'll do the PSA to match Beyond's
    The PSA I'm doing is over Toon Link.

All the charge shot levels can be the bow, by making a model with all three of them overlapping with a bone for each. Then make each charge animation shrink the ones you aren't using.
    But the arrow is only assigned to one hit box. And also, I don't want to use up too much file space.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2278 on: November 20, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »

But the arrow is only assigned to one hit box. And also, I don't want to use up too much file space.

Change that hitbox into a subroutine, and direct it to a new subroutine containing multiple hitboxes and a bunch of if statements.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2279 on: November 20, 2011, 06:23:33 AM »

Change that hitbox into a subroutine, and direct it to a new subroutine containing multiple hitboxes and a bunch of if statements.
    But then all of the charges would do the same amount of damage. I think I'm just going to stick with the coding I have. But I did use the arrow though.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: