Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some Animation Questions  (Read 977 times)
JxC
Intermediate Kitten

Wish I found this site a year ago~

View Profile Awards
« on: March 30, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »

Hey KC-MM!

I got a few questions regarding animations. Since I'm new to all this I know fairly little about it so go easy on me with animation-related terms (: I made a model of me over Toon Link and gave him a nice two-handed blade and now I want to reanimate him completely.

The first question comes down to this: Toon Link uses a lot of ranged stuff like bombs, boomerang and a bow. If I redo the animations of these skills, like neutral B (bow&arrow) can I just do some plain sword swing over it? 'Cause in the animation you don't see him actually grabbing his bow (Well he does try to grab it but all he gets his hands on is air I guess) so if I do some plain old sword swing over neutral B, will he still grab his bow? Or a bomb or a boomerang or whatever!

Second question is if I stretch the bone of the sword, as it's two-handed and the original isn't, will it's range automatically grow?

Third and last question is how does the damage work? If I got my animations down, will it do Toon Link's damage on the corresponding move?

Thanks in advance : D

Working on a model of myself, first attempt ever n_n

Roo
Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »

Question 1:

Changing the animation will not stop him from taking out the bow, or firing the arrow for that matter. You can change how it looks, but what occurs as far as damage and effects go, thats done in PSA.

Question 2:

You should be able to stretch the bone of the ORIGINAL sword, but the hitboxes dont change I believe. (Someone correct me If I'm wrong on this)

Question 3:

The damage will not change. It'll remain the same. Damage again is changed in PSA.

JxC
    Intermediate Kitten

Wish I found this site a year ago~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »

But I can keep the bow/bomb/boomerang from appearing and change it to do damage the way I want it to, right? So that I can use the moves I made myself.

Thanks for the quick respond!

Working on a model of myself, first attempt ever n_n

Roo
    Lol Kitten

Or WAS I?

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »

Of course. All the things you want are possible, but not all of it can be done through Animations.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: