Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My textures  (Read 2093 times)
Yoshij1had
Expert Kitten

Hell yeah, WEAPONS!

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 30, 2011, 11:42:42 PM »

Hey guys, i want you to critic two of my textures. The first one is a personal texture i made a while ago for yoshi, IMO i think it's awesome, but i wouldn't mind some suggestions. The second one is a ekans texture i made for my friend since he wanted me to try it... not one of my best works -_-. But yeah, i want to hear likes or dislikes of either or both.

(this last one helps show more of the ekans one... but mainly it's just for the heck of posting it)

visit my DeviantArt: http://yoshij1had.deviantart.com/

You'll probably regret it, just like the polar bears did  when Old Man Jenkins fell down little Timmy's well while Lassie was out shopping for clothes...

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »

Hey there Yoshij1

Here are my thoughts on the textures:
    Ekans: I'm not into pokemon, so I looked up "Ekans" and found a picture of him. I suppose it's an okay representation of him. Obviously since pokemon is more of a manga style, he has solid colors and not really shading or blending colors. I would tone the pink down a bit though; the picture I have has Ekans with a less saturated and slightly more purple pink. You probably could edit his tail too if you wanted to make it yellow to imitate him.

Yoshi: From the looks of it, you edited exclusively his shoes, saddle, and hands (although it's possible you darkened yoshi's green color; it looks a bit darker for whatever reason. Maybe it's just me). Again, I'd avoid such bright, pure colors. Neon green is fine, but if you end up using colors with maximum saturation (ie 00FF00) then it won't look too professional. Throwing in a tad of yellow could help bring it out some, if you wanted.
    here's a good example of the color blending I mean;
    http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy267/Drybones2/219860.jpg
    The orange and white aren't a solid color and look more realistic.

In general that's pretty much it. I saw your Cop Cartman and Kirby Raeg, which I personally like better. It'd be neat to see more original creations of yours, especially ones that retexture a large portion of the character. One very useful thing I've found when hacking is to look at vertexed models others have made, and use one as a base (with permission of course). That way, you're not as limited by the designs of the original brawl characters.

Anyways, keep up the texture work. I'm glad you're open to criticism; it really has helped me out with improvement in art.

Yoshij1had
    Expert Kitten

Hell yeah, WEAPONS!

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »

Thanks a lot. i think i'll try to add some yellow tint, that probably would make it better. (and yes, i did make yoshi more  of a darker green)

the ekans one, i admit, does seem to have... not much likeness to the actual thing i was going for. But i appreciate the criticism. (and to be honest i think the kirby raeg is one of my better works)

visit my DeviantArt: http://yoshij1had.deviantart.com/

You'll probably regret it, just like the polar bears did  when Old Man Jenkins fell down little Timmy's well while Lassie was out shopping for clothes...

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: