BRRES Separator [Python][New auto-hexing version!]

Started by ForOhFor Error, April 07, 2011, 02:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

April 07, 2011, 02:36:02 PM Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:47:54 PM by ForOhFor Error
You're looking through a file, and it clearly has BRRES files in it (a memory dump, or some file from an iso, whatever.) However, it would take hours to extract them all manually.

This happened when I was looking through the stage files from okami. So I wrote a small program to fix it.

Simply start the program, select the file with the brres files contained within, and relax as the BRRES Separator creates all the BRRES files in that file, in the same directory the file is in.

What's more, this program will now AUTOMATICALLY hex the models in the BRRES!

Requires python to run.

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/AutoHexingBrresSeperator.rar

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Hooray! But can you tell me ,more in-depth, what it does?

It goes through the file you choose to open, finds all chunks of data starting with bres, and puts each one in it's own .brres file in the same directory as the original file.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

What can I use this for, particularly?(Sorry)

Well, say, memory dumps from dolphin (20+ brres files).
Or the stage files from okami (I've seen up to 43 brres files in these)

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on April 07, 2011, 03:35:03 PM
Well, say, memory dumps from dolphin (20+ brres files).
Or the stage files from okami (I've seen up to 43 brres files in these)
I see will I don't really extract from ISOs, dumps, compressed incompatible-with-brawl files, atm.
I'm sure this is good for others, though.

Thanks for explaining it to me. ;)

No prob. It's meant for imports, anyway.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

wait, then you can use this for replace sounds whitow need of hex calculator stuff? :happy:





thank you
you've just taken a load off me

I've been wanting to do this for Pokepark,
which has the exact same occurences in it's .dan files

so again
thank you ^_^

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You're welcome.
I completely forgot pokepark did that, too...

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: Tcll on April 07, 2011, 07:27:00 PM
thank you
you've just taken a load off me

I've been wanting to do this for Pokepark,
which has the exact same occurences in it's .dan files

so again
thank you ^_^


wait... so i can actually make stages from Pokepark wii then? O_o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


I have Python32 and your stuff to work it but how do i use it?
 
             

Well, this was made in python 2.7, so it may not work with python 3.2
But, just double click the brresSep file. Then select a file to separate.

FC: 2191-7379-6272