Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12
Author Topic: Fighter Kirby: Seeking New Project Manager, See Thread For Application Details  (Read 63161 times)
Seth
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 04:26:25 PM »

hey, this is the best idea ever. I tried it out and it was awesome even if it was only 2 moves. Keep the good stuff coming. i'd like the play him!

UMOP
Expert Kitten

I accidently the whole status message

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 04:38:28 PM »

New beta is in the OP, it's kind of rushed, but contains massive amounts of hadouken to make up for it. :3

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »

Ok *Downloads and plays new version*

--Three hours later--

Yes, the hadouken definitely makes up for everything else :3

novajjavon
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »

Kirby Dance awsum

freezinboi280
    Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »

that's a pretty good move. 5%/10%/15% damage lolz. Cant wait to see your next update. Loving this kirby so far! =]

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 06:05:51 PM »

i got a capture card today! u still want a vid when its done?

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »

Yes, please!

By the way guys, I appreciate the compliments, but I also want some feedback. Is there any issues with the moves so far, balancing- or bug-wise? Do the GFX or SFX need tweaking? I am aware of how the neutral b hurricane kick is a little off with the GFX and SFX, but I don't know how to fix it.
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:09:46 PM by UMOP » Logged

Kirblord23
    Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

are his moves supposed to be this weak?
    they are just pitiful. i have a hard time killing with em.

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »

This is the kind of feedback I want.

To answer your question, yes. Fighter Kirby is based off of games like Street Fighter, that normally don't have moves that blast the opponent far away. The moves are designed to either deal damage or lead into a combo for other moves to deal damage with. But, if people really want them to have more power, I'll tweak it a little bit. Personally, I think they're at a pretty balanced power. The shoryuken is almost as useful as Marth's up special for a quick hit out of things, the whirlwind kick sets up combos like nothing else Kirby has, and the hadouken is rather quick for a projectile, and can't be reflected. I guess I could try to increase the kill power of his level 2 and 3 hadouken for the next beta, because I'll admit the charge time is too much for what they do currently.

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 06:27:07 PM »

Yes, please!

By the way guys, I appreciate the compliments, but I also want some feedback. Is there any issues with the moves so far, balancing- or bug-wise? Do the GFX or SFX need tweaking? I am aware of how the neutral b hurricane kick is a little off with the GFX and SFX, but I don't know how to fix it.
    do u want one of the current version or wait til you think you got a perfect version. (by accident) i already made one of the latest version, showed off all levels of neutralB, sideB, airneutralB, and (mah fav) upB.

when you release any later versions, please do not nerf up and sideB. when used to gether they make the best combo... EVAR

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »

I second that ^

Also, is there supposed to be a finishing move for his Side B, because it feels like the last attack isn't as damaging, like the normal Dash attack has increased knockback on the last attack, and it feels like that's missing here, but it may be apart of it so you can combo easier

Kirblord23
    Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »

This is the kind of feedback I want.

To answer your question, yes. Fighter Kirby is based off of games like Street Fighter, that normally don't have moves that blast the opponent far away. The moves are designed to either deal damage or lead into a combo for other moves to deal damage with. But, if people really want them to have more power, I'll tweak it a little bit. Personally, I think they're at a pretty balanced power. The shoryuken is almost as useful as Marth's up special for a quick hit out of things, the whirlwind kick sets up combos like nothing else Kirby has, and the hadouken is rather quick for a projectile, and can't be reflected. I guess I could try to increase the kill power of his level 2 and 3 hadouken for the next beta, because I'll admit the charge time is too much for what they do currently.

Maybe you could release 1 version for little knockback and combos, and another version for more powerful moves

freezinboi280
    Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »

I actually put away my wii a while ago, so I cant test it out more. But from what I remember, killing wasnt really an issue. I'll be sure to post here again if I get to testing fighter kirby more. But not all the moves are completed either, so I cant really say how powerful this character is going to be. I do agree though, that you could increase the power for the 2nd and 3rd projectile.

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »

do u want one of the current version or wait til you think you got a perfect version. (by accident) i already made one of the latest version, showed off all levels of neutralB, sideB, airneutralB, and (mah fav) upB.

when you release any later versions, please do not nerf up and sideB. when used to gether they make the best combo... EVAR

If you've already made the video, go ahead and upload it. I'll put it in the OP, hopefully it'll gather more interest than text alone.

And yes thanyou, comboing out of the move was my plan. Tell me if I should change it, but as it is, comboing this off the side already sets up so much, adding knockback would pretty much guarantee it would be deadly.

By the way, I've made up my mind. I'm definitely going to buff the knockback on the level 2 and 3 hadouken. I'm thinking about having the level 2 kill around 150%, and level 3 around 95%. Any opinions on this?
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:23:12 PM by UMOP » Logged

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 07:29:57 PM »

If you've already made the video, go ahead and upload it. I'll put it in the OP, hopefully it'll gather more interest then text alone.

And yes thanyou, comboing out of the move was my plan. Tell me if I should change it, but as it is, comboing this off the side already sets up so much, adding knockback would pretty much guarantee it would be deadly.

By the way, I've made up my mind. I'm definitely going to buff the knockback on the level 2 and 3 hadouken. I'm thinking about having the level 2 kill around 150%, and level 3 around 95%. Any opinions on this?
    the buffs seem fair. kk ill upload the video and specify what moves do what

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: