Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: Beta Twilight Princess Ganondorf w/ sword. update.  (Read 70350 times)
Sanitys_Theif
Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: October 05, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

Woah, hold up there I've been busy the past few days but I plan on testing the new versions out and making videos today

All I need is for you to copy the links to all the versions you want to test and put a label next to each link so I know which version is which, like so:

(URL PLACED HERE) [Version #1]
    (URL PLACED HERE) [Version #2]
    Etc....

Do this just to help me out organizing so I know which Ganon versions I have to test so I know which Video to match them up to

I'll get to this today, I just need you to do this for me k? Kirby Dance

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: October 05, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »

gladly Smiley
    version 1:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DCIC262W  
    this one uses bitvariables and if/else statements to jump between events
    version 2:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHI6Q8SY     
    this one uses indicators, frame-rate changing, if/else statements, and joystick commands to make each move have diff options depending on how it is used.

Gerudo razor is a, B, a+b. in version 2 (mabe in 1 as wel. i forgot.)
    counter should be automatic on one of them, on the other one, u might have to press a in atddition to letting go of B.  Smiley
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:20:32 PM by Quicksilver » Logged

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »

gladly Smiley
    version 1:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DCIC262W   
    version 2:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHI6Q8SY   
    this one uses indicators, frame-rate changing, if/else statements, and joystick commands to make each move have diff options depending on how it is used.

Gerudo razor is a, B, a+b.
    counter should be automatic on one of them, on the other one, u might have to press a in atddition to letting go of B.

So... if I want to do Gerudo Razor, I jab, then press B, then grab?

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: October 05, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »

I'm gonna try the most recent version now.

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: October 05, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »

? you press A for the 1st 2 hits, B for the 3rd, A and B @ the same time for the 4th hit of the combo.

this is the gamecube controls. sry for the mixup. i guess that might be a problem if ur using a wiimote cuz isnt grab a+b for the wiimote?

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »

I'm gonna try the most recent version now.
    im looking at the mega upload page right now. it says no1s downloaded it yet. ur probably using version 1 then.

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: October 05, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »

gladly Smiley
    version 1:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DCIC262W   
    version 2:    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHI6Q8SY   

Gerudo razor is a, B, a+b.
    counter should be automatic on one of them, on the other one, u might have to press a in atddition to letting go of B.

I'm using Verson 2 from this comment.

Your side smash is super glitchy. It works when fully and minimally charged. However, if you let go at a normal time, he'll dash across the stage (like a super deadly version of Ike's side B) and won't stop until you cancel with some other button.

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: October 05, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »

wow...that...sounds kinda awesome actuially. idk wtf went wrong but thats kinda badace Cheesy
    is he doing the sword lunge animation or the sword swing animation? does he change moves if you just flick the C stick left or right?
    and is the uptilt working?

that would be awesome if that was the only thing not working as of now Awesome Face
    btw in case u didnt know, my wii is broken. im doing this PSA blind. so im relying 100% on playtesters to tell me what to do. anything not have hitboxes/ glitchy animations/ looks dumb/ is over or under powered?

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: October 05, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »

wow...that...sounds kinda awesome actuially. idk wtf went wrong but thats kinda badace Cheesy
    is he doing the sword lunge animation or the sword swing animation? does he change moves if you just flick the C stick left or right?
    and is the uptilt working?

that would be awesome if that was the only thing not working as of now Awesome Face
    btw in case u didnt know, my wii is broken. im doing this PSA blind. so im relying 100% on playtesters to tell me what to do. anything not have hitboxes/ glitchy animations/ looks dumb/ is over or under powered?
    Side Smash is awesome, but still WAAAAYYYYY too over powered. I think it's the swing animation. Side Tilt still doesn't have a hitbox. I haven't tried Up Tilt. His "counter" down B is good Super Armor, but you still take damage, and there's no attack after being hit. There's still some beam sword noises here and there, but those aren't too important, and I don't know if those are fixable. He still doesn't have Sparta kick, and I think his walking (not dashing) is slower than usual. For a blind project though, this is amazing. I feel sorry for you not having your Wii.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: October 06, 2009, 06:01:10 AM »

Sorry, I forgot I had a crapload of homework that was due today, so I spent all last night doing it, I always do stuff last minute Awesome Face

Anyways I'll make videos after I'm done with my class Kirby Dance

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: October 06, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »

Ok, VERY interesting updates, both are great, you've made some nice improvements, one of your best updates by far, there's only slight differences between 1 and 2, the only thing really messed up on both are Sidesmashes, they're very cool, but need some major fixing

VIDEOS:
    Version 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KXZ9ORI
    Version 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZFCG9WQ

VERSION 1 NOTES
    -@0:36, first thing to note, he is very slow at walking now, IDK if this was intentional, if it was, well I mean it would make him seem more badass if he had the walking animation from Twilight Princess but, here it seems a little out of place

-@1:03 as you can see, if you cancel out the elbow right, you can slide a good distance

-@2:00 OMFG I GOT GERUDO RAZOR TO WORK!! Happy Face you can tell by my reaction in the video lol, you have to hit A then hold it for second hit, then hit B, then hit A+B(for both versions), but 2 problems, 1 is that it's very hard to pull off, pressing A+B at the right time, nice concept but it's just not convenient at all, and 2 is that you'll probably never get a hit with it because it's too slow, we don't want it super fast but a tiny speedup wouldn't hurt

-About Gerudo Razor, the punching sound effect for the second hit fits in much better this time, I say keep it, and as you can see I spend quite some time trying out the Gerudo Razor cause it was awesome, but it's just so hard to pull off

-@2:20 I do the Gerudo Razor again, but for some reason at the end, a 5th hit comes out very fast and glitchy like, I'd take that out if possible

-Also about Gerudo razor, the second hit sometimes turns the enemy around, IDK if this was intentional, seems a little weird

-@2:57 doin a dance Kirby Dance lol

-@5:40 I FINALLY get to trying the side tilt, I mess up and do the running A first, yea the side tilt comes out very fast, no hitboxes, and like... no lag at all lol

-@6:00 I try the sidesmash, no hitboxes BUT you did change the sound effect for the swing, it sounds much better than the beam sword sound, try to change the sound on all the sword attacks... its cool

-@6:16 things get very weird, if use the C-stick and hold the direction with the C-stick, it does... that, whatever that charging attack is, it's kinda cool, it would be insanely awesome if you could slow down his steps, another thing is it's very overpowered with insane range and sword does no damage the damage is from a hitbox far in front of him, but as it is... it looks kinda funny... I couldn't help but laugh a little Awesome Face, but I know how awesome it could be Kirby Dance

-@8:00 I FINALLY get to the uptilt, sorry but the sidesmash thingy was too much fun Awesome Face, yeah no hitboxes... and it comes out very fast

-@8:09 Upsmash just got way cooler, awesome darkness effects Happy Face, looks too awesome, keep it Grin

-@8:20 running A is working fine

-@8:46 backair is fine

-@8:53 downair is fine

-@9:15 Upthrow is still the same, you'll see it when I throw Peach at the end of the video, also, upair works, but is very hard to hit with, no offense but it's not a move I'd use regularly as it can be punished very easily, the hitbox just comes out way too late, by that time someone could've whacked you twice, maybe have the hitbox and effects come out earlier and let him spin around after the attack, because that animation is cool, just needs to come out quicker

-@9:46, still problems on the uptaunts, one facing right has small effects, while facing left has [censored]ing huge ones AWESOME 2.0!

-@10:01 downtaunt facing left makes sword white, downtaunt facing right makes it redish-purple, pretty cool

-@10:17, maybe have neutral B in air have some effects, looks kinda weird without them, considering a lot of his other effects have darkness on them, same goes for up B in air

-Also, any progress on changing Up B on ground to spin attack, did you get the video i showed yhou about moveset swaps, could it work with Link's up B?

-@10:30Range on Warlock punch should be increased a little, and should be toned down, 38% with that knockback is way too powerful

-@10:48 is DownB air, is it possible to change this? I forgot, I think you had an idea before about lighting hitting the sword and shooting 4 energy shots to the ground, it sounded insane, any possibility of it happening and still having down-air work?

-@10:52 is Down B ground, no counterattack comes out and you can be grabbed and has weird animation thingy at the end, otherwise you got it, invincible but still take damage

VERSION 2 NOTES
    I'm only going to comment on the differences:

-@0:43, on the second hit of the Gerudo Razor, sometimes it stuns the enemy, this is an EXCELLENT idea, it doesn't happen every time so it's not cheap, but when it does you can guarantee the 3rd hit, maybe if the 4th comes out a little quicker it could be better

-@3:03 I FINALLY pull off the 4th hit of Gerudo Razor, it's a stab, kinda cool and it gives some range, but to be honest I like the last hit on Version 1 a little better

-@5:43 is side-tilt, yea it comes out fast, no lag, and no hitboxes....

-@5:52 is the sidesmash by A+direction, it just send you forward constantly and will only stop by hitting another button.... again kinda cool, overpowered, but I like the whole concept of the one from version 1 if you can get that one to work I'd say use that so you can run at opponents and side smash with almighty awesomeness AWESOME 2.0!

IMPORTANT
    -@5:58, if you hold down the charge on the sidesmash all the way it does a stab, this is a pretty good concept, maybe have sidesmash by A+Direction with the smallest charge do the stab

then have the medium charge do the rush smash kinda like what the rushing thing is on this one, except have it stop automatically after a little range and throw out the hit, that way it's weaker than the full charge but has range and it'll be similar to Ganon's rushing attack from TP

then have the fully charged smash the the regular sword slash so it's powerful but low range

and then have sidesmash by the C-stick have you walk/run at your opponent like in Version 1 but slower and throw a swordslash

This would be the greatest and most original sidesmash ever Happy Face, so for A+Direction it would be like:
    0-30% charge = Stab
    31-70% charge = Dash slash
    71-100% charge = standing slash
    C-stick tap = regular sword slash
    C-stick hold = running/walking animation to sword slash when let go

-@6:14 doing sidesmash with C-stick does the rush smash thingy again

-@7:18 is the running A, it freezes which is pretty cool, makes the running A more dangerous which is kinda good seeing it's a little slow, leaves enemy open for a quick smash good idea, could you maybe freeze them with darkness? it would seem a little more in place, the ice just seems like something out of left field

-@8:06 is uptilt, it has hitboxes, but not lag, so it's wicked spammy, and the hitbox is awkward, the angle too, and there's no hitbox on the sword again, it's pretty weak, I'd try to make the angle more vertical and give it some more knockback so you can combo with it

-@9:18 the upthrow is messed up again, but at least it sends the enemy the same height for everyone, you'll see it on peach at the end

-@9:30, upair viciously spikes down wtf Awesome Face lol

Anyways nice improvements, you've done well Angel, can't wait to see the next update

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: October 06, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

no. not well done. i got lucky. lmao
    ok well i learned 2 things
    bit variables suck ass
    and that guy that did soren truely is magic. idk how hes using bitvariables but ive had quite enough of them for a lifetime with ganon

seriously all the moves that got messed up were the ones that relied on bitvariables.

but ur in luck.
    today during spanish class i wrote out an outline for a PSA w/o bitvariables. i wanna finish it by tonight. might be by tommorrow tho.
    i havent seen the graphic-less warlock pawnch Sad
    and i gotta fix that cuz it is wayyyyyyy over powereddddd
    speaking of overpowered, itll amuse u to know that it was compleatly an accident to have the hold C stick sweep. what happens is i made it so if you pressed the C stick, u would do a sword swing. however, i forgot that some players (you) hold the C stick instead of flick it like i do. hes doing the move over and over and over again. thats whats up with the noise and the animation glitch. he takes 1 step foward everytime he swings. lmao u just had him doing that x amillion. hahaha Awesome Face
    but seriously, thats getting the hell out of here.
    also, i messed up and made everything aura-effected. it looks cool, but it doesnt give the feeling that hes hitting with a sword. so im taking it out.
    speaking of more stupid awesome mistakes, i made his dash attack freeze? wtf? i made it slice graphic 2?. lmao. ill fix that.

for his Up air, i have 2 options. i have an opinion, but i feel that at this point, u have as much say as I do as to the fate of this PSA. Smiley
    my opinion is that cuz its so slow, and it looks soo badass, i just wanna make it hella stronger. like x2? itll be the equivilent of his old up tilt. (exploding foot). hard to pull off but DAMN.

one that i think u would like is speeding it up and make it flow easy to another arial move. no?
    tell me what u think.

1% chance of sword spin up B. cuz i dont wanna mess things up, ill try out a VERY experimental idea on the next update. ill make it trigered to one of his side taunts. that way we can see what it looks like, and still have a playable PSA.

i wanted to see his new into in Brawl mode Sad
    iz cool. make it versus next time.

u know what? SAKURAI!!!!!!!! it. im making gerudo Razor press A, then hold left (if facing left) or right (if facing right). i just want it to work allready! its rediculous!. ill fix it up. that move got messed up cuz the bitvariables like i said earlier. same with the down B, up tilt, side tilt, side smash ect. all the ones without hitboxes not impressed
    ill be sure to change all the sounds of the sword hits except his dash attack and A move (cant change those 4 some reason. ill just make him yell to drown it out. lol)

GANON DOES NOT DANCE!!!

nope. sorry, im not touching the graphics on his up B. nintendo got it right. i love it as it is now.

wow u love ur back-throw. lol almost as much as i love the sparta kick.

i decided down B in air will be a lightning slam. spikes downward, auto-impales on impact with the ground. this WILL NOT REMAIN. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BETA RELEASE!

im making it so C stick flick will be the slash animationa nd the fully charged will be the swing. ill try to get rid of the "ganon-shuffle" effect, but im not sure i can. lol i think i cant get around it. so ill make it a lunge animation so at least its badass and less powerful.
    all sword attacks will have sword hit effects, except his down B attacks (will have aura), and the last hits of his Gerudo Razor (darkness)

up smash needs a powerboost.

u know what? SAKURAI!!!!!!!! his upthrow. idk how to fix it. i dont care. its badass. it cant kill anyway, so i dont care if it sends squirtles flying all the way to skyworld.

ill fix those bones/ bitvariables. i think that the only FIX this PSA needs is the sword-sweep problem and working out the down Bs. beyond that, its jsut stupid errors on my part or balence issues.

i turned 18! yay! im an adult now! now let me fix this videogame  Happy Face

btw i saw ur moveset idea prior to ur post (not that i dont apreciate the thought). the problem is that its a guarenteed freeze unless it uses moveswap codes, which dont work with prop modifiers. and secondly, its an all-or-nothing basis. so it would be pointless to use via PSA.

however, i WILL be using that technology in my future project.
    wats that u ask? Kakashi mother SAKURAI!!!!!!!!ers! (yes i realize that there is currently a Kakashi PSA). however, mine will be snake, using Sheik's moveset. ill be making a PSA for sheik, for Snake to use. its gonna be fun on a bun

tri-wing screwdrive is in the mail!....from china.....probably have it next week...lol

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:30:54 PM by Quicksilver » Logged

Dotz
    Extreme Kitten

Universal Cosmic Destroyer

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: October 06, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »

hooray! now you are considered a sentient being in the eyes of the government!

This is the greatest sig in the world.

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: October 07, 2009, 01:19:15 AM »

man im tired.
    hope this works. all i did was try to edit the sword moves. tell me how they turn out! XD
    assuming all the sword moves are working, can u make another vid of a match against link? im a dork and get off on that.
    GANONDORF WANTS HYLIAN BLOOD
    if its not working, dont bother and just tell me wats wrong.

once again, all i did was fix his sword moves. so thats AAAAA, >A,^A,side smash, dash attack, alt. side smash (C stick flick), and Down B.

also, try out his side taunts both directions. tell me if anything happens. if so, what?

new intro on versus mode? yes? no?
    sparta kick1?!?!?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UE1FHPWT

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: October 07, 2009, 01:42:39 AM »

btw. it would stun the enemy if it hit them in the head (if the previous hit made them trip or ir ur head is low like bowser.
    i changed the stun to Zero Suit Samus's gun shot. thats what i wanted from the start. when i saw 'stun' under effects, i dint think it ment deku-nut stun.
    ya learn something new every day i guess
    let me know ur opinion about the up air.
    and for a matter of playability? should i screw the superarmor and just make ganon invincible during those frames?

o yeah. hold a and foward during gerudo Razor to keep it going.
    down B is a simple counter. its the end part of the gerudo razor.
    added the final hit of the gerudo razor on
    gave the sword slash effects. aura effects on the last of the gerudo razor/counter.
    yawn. hasta luego

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: