Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993374 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #720 on: August 27, 2011, 06:15:55 PM »

Italian, could you please acknowledge the idea that we aren't perfect, do not always do our moderation work perfectly, and are even ready to apologize for it (even though I wasn't even there to deal with that in the first place) if asked calmly and politely ?
    Don't you find it a bit more reasonnable than going full-steam into the "favoritism" muddy argumen" ?

I'm not sure when everyone replying to a necropost was sanctionned on the spot. I honestly don't remember. But personnally, my own feelings are that mini-modding like that doesn't (and didn't) necessitate a Warning.
    Whether the mini-mod was Segtendo, Kit Ballard, stupid, PZT, or a complete newbie. Now, it's just my feelings on the subject. And you guys can do whatever you want with my feelings. :<

Thanks.

Moreover : Mini-modding never was mentionned in the rules anyway ! Only necroposting, which by definition only affects the guy who posted with a 3-weeks interval.
    Soo yeah, isn't it a bit late to be complaining about a mistake from long ago ? You guys are blaming the actual rule-abiding moderation tactic ... If you guys have a problem with how stickman handled these things long ago, then adress him directly, instead of putting the blame on Vish for doing his job properly.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:43:32 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #721 on: August 27, 2011, 06:18:13 PM »

Because that's how I warned people. Different person = different style.
    Bull[censored], you gave me a warning when i did the same to someone else.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #722 on: August 27, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »

LEAKS! LEAKS!

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

Why are you hitting yourself?

• Awards Pin Collector Ninja Helping Hand Active Contributor

« Reply #723 on: August 27, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »

Why are you trying to prove me wrong? I know I did that, and that's exactly what I am saying. In case you missed the context, PAVGN asked why the rest of the posters weren't warned. I said because that's the way how I do it and not the way Vish does it.

I would not change a thing if I could do it over again. As far as I am concerned, the thread was dead, it was bumped (warning) then there's off-topic discussion about how bad the necroposter is, meanwhile all the people mini-modding are still not contributing anything by doing so.

Just because we handle things differently doesn't mean that we are wrong. If Vish finds it suitable to only warn the one person, then it is up to him, and I respect his decision. If you want to take this up with me in private, I would be more than happy to talk it out with you in PM's because we are getting off-topic doing it in here.

Vish
    Global Moderator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #724 on: August 27, 2011, 07:18:28 PM »

When I locked the necroposted thread, I posted that Seg and Smashclash should have reported the posts instead of posting there. Then Seg PMed me and said that he did actually report the posts.

I missed their reports, and explained that it was because I only noticed Italian's multiple reports. (in which I then warned stupid for necroposting) I didn't feel it was necessary to warn Seg or Smashclash for minimodding as Miacis said. I apologize for unintentionally "leaking" that.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #725 on: August 27, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »

Exactly man! It was a thread I ran into a few days ago, that I saw you get warned for, for telling the user not to necropost. It's stupid and unfair, but those are the rules.

So when I see this guy do the same, I don't understand why he doesn't get the same punishment, therefore it's favoritism, which equals bull[censored].

Don't you Admins/Mods see the same issue happening over and over again? Quit it with the damn favoritism! It's more than obvious..

Italian, could you please acknowledge the idea that we aren't perfect?

I would if all of you didn't act so perfect, and apparently never wrong with anything. It's your actions that lead me to treating you as a guy that's on top of his [censored]. So when you're not, I'll be sure to post here.

LEAKS! LEAKS!

Then people wonder why I don't like them....

Some users here are a bunch of drama highschool girls, running their mouth. When someone finds out, [censored] goes down. Then the victim role comes into play.

For the record, SmashClash is my good friend, but sadly he was in the wrong thread at the wrong time. Still, both users should have been warned. It was you Segtendo that I reported, when it's more than obvious that I highly dislike you. You're always reporting me apparently, yet to my face you act like a friend. So you want to play games? Let's play!

Vish, it would be more than ironic if you get mad at someone leaking, something that you leaked. Isn't that why Hakumen and Vile got fired?

Again, favoritism.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:22:11 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

Why are you hitting yourself?

• Awards Pin Collector Ninja Helping Hand Active Contributor

« Reply #726 on: August 27, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »

IS, it's a different moderator. It's not favoritism. I don't know how else to explain this to you.
    I did the thread with the most warnings in it. Obviously I didn't cover many of those because more people would have been warned. Vish has always consistently interpreted the rules and made appropriate actions regarding the situation. All other times that I can think of, only the necroposter has been warned as well. If you want to do the favoritism card, take it up with me because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who ever warned more than one person in this type of situation. Vish decided how he wanted to handle the situation, and that's the end of it.

Please, anyone, PM me if you feel I am wrong, I will talk it out with you, with a level head.

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #727 on: August 27, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »

Wait, I can't post in a thread by necroposter in reply toward him?
    For the record, I reported him first before I reported, so I assmed I was safe. W/e. >.>

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #728 on: August 27, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »

On that note, can I suggest that the "old topic warning" be used?
    It is, but it appears only on the Reply page. If you use Quick Reply, you don't see it. That's just how SMF is.

Here's a bit of insight into how the moderation system works, in the interest of clearing up some... confusion.

Reporting a post creates a thread in a hidden board. About 95% of reported posts have easy yes/no answers to "did this break a rule?" In that case, generally whichever mod sees it first will do whatever he deems necessary and mark the report resolved. Since I trust the mods here, I don't even look at resolved reports when I check the board. The only time I look at them is if someone complains about the moderation.

So it's not "favoritism"; it's just that the mod who handles one necroposting report might not be the same mod to handle the next.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #729 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »

Speaking of Necroposting...
    Reported this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2739.msg646597#msg646597

The user was already warned for necroposting in some old introduction threads, apparently he kept doing it after the warning... so... what's the criteria behind this type of situation?
    Shouldn't he get to the next moderated stage for doing it again after being warned about it?

Also, since this thread is about suggestions too, I have one:

Make a set of rules or a "manual" for the staff about how to take action towards certain scenarios of rules broken by users.
    E.g. "When someone necroposts warn only the necroposter and close the thread to keep other people from bumping it."

Why do I suggest this?
    Because that would make things easier for you guys.

Instead of having each staff member modding as they please (which ends in complains about favoritism and other things); Or to avoid those situations in which nobody does anything because they don't know what to do, or when they simply wait for a "higher rank" to take action (as mentioned and made evident before in this thread), you would have all your "cops" follow the same code and know what to do in the situations.

That way users who break rules would be treated equally, and you wouldn't have to use the "to the moderator's discretion" excuse.  Police

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #730 on: August 28, 2011, 12:13:31 AM »

Make a set of rules or a "manual" for the staff about how to take action towards certain scenarios of rules broken by users.
    The mod team has talked about this before, and I have a half-finished draft of this very thing on my computer.

While I do think it may be useful, working on it makes me sad. Take the necroposting for example. Shouldn't it be common sense to not post in a necroposted thread? That this situation even occurs, forcing me to write a guideline on how it should be handled, kinda depresses me.

So progress is slow.

And for the record, "warning only the necroposter" is not what that guideline would say. The entire point of forbidding necroposting is to keep old, dead threads where they belong; anyone posting after the necroposter is preventing that.

Vish
    Global Moderator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #731 on: August 28, 2011, 12:15:07 AM »

Speaking of Necroposting...
    Reported this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2739.msg646597#msg646597

The user was already warned for necroposting in some old introduction threads, apparently he kept doing it after the warning... so... what's the criteria behind this type of situation?
    Shouldn't he get to the next moderated stage for doing it again after being warned about it?

I checked his last posts. He stopped necroposting after dRage warned him. (He was warned on August 22 at 3:11 while the post you linked was posted at 2:16)

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #732 on: August 28, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »

While I do think it may be useful, working on it makes me sad. Take the necroposting for example. Shouldn't it be common sense to not post in a necroposted thread?
    Well, I think generally nercroposters, double posters, etc are usually new to the forum and/or forums in general.  Yeah, they're still to blame for not reading the rules, but you can't expect everyone to be familiar with how a forum works.

On the topic of staff discretion, you should really all follow the same guidelines when infracting.  Otherwise it causes problems like this.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #733 on: August 28, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »

I'm kinda wondering about the topic of Necroposting when it's about a subject that was already made. Like let's say the Sonic Generation topic was inactive for a month. then someone Necro's it with new info or asking any questions about it instead of making a brand new topic. I've seen some cases where some people reffer to using the search for a topic already made, and go post in it instead of making a new one. Would that be grounds for a sanction? Just looking at the safety levels of Necro'ing for other people's info.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #734 on: August 28, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »

Well, I think generally nercroposters, double posters, etc are usually new to the forum and/or forums in general.  Yeah, they're still to blame for not reading the rules, but you can't expect everyone to be familiar with how a forum works.
    I wasn't talking about the person who necroposts a thread; I was talking about the people who reply to it, especially the ones who post about the necropost. I'm pretty sure those people know the rules.

Would that be grounds for a sanction?
    That's not one of the exceptions written into the rules, so yes, I'd say so.

If no one posts in a topic for three weeks, it's safe to say that interest in that topic has waned. If you find a dead topic about something you want to discuss, just make a new one.

Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: