Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ok, so I've been off the brawl hacking scene since last summer. Custom Sounds?  (Read 1250 times)
Yoshiboshi3
Extreme Kitten

Hey guys im yoshiboshi3 i maik vertex hacks

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 01, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »

I've been seeing custom sounds being uploaded, and noticed a tutorial in the tutorial section. This is great news for me, but I don't understand, is there a new file replacement code that allows sound replacement? How do I find what sounds are what? Can I do this with an SD card?

Sorry for noob questions, but I've been gone for quite a long time.

STILL BETTER AT VEXING THAN TEXING

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:28:32 PM »

SFX are still incompatible with Gecko.  You need a smashbros_sound.brsar file for them to work.  Here's how you work them:

- If you use Riivolution, put them in the pf/sound folder (not strm, just sound)
    - If you use USB Loader or Dolphin, you have to use Wii Scrubber and replace the smashbros_sound.brsar directly.  It's rather tedious though.

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

Hey guys im yoshiboshi3 i maik vertex hacks

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »

SFX are still incompatible with Gecko.  You need a smashbros_sound.brsar file for them to work.  Here's how you work them:

- If you use Riivolution, put them in the pf/sound folder (not strm, just sound)
    - If you use USB Loader or Dolphin, you have to use Wii Scrubber and replace the smashbros_sound.brsar directly.  It's rather tedious though.

K, I found the answer to this before you posted this. I'm just starting Riivolution now. But, I have a question about that too. I'm using this guide

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269428

and it says not to use Phantomwing's file patch code. I wondered if this meant I didn't need to put a file replacement code, so I tried just putting my files in the correct directories (Riivolution>brawlmods>textures>mario>fitmario00.pcs) but it didn't work. Help?

STILL BETTER AT VEXING THAN TEXING

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: