Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: What should PSA be Updated with?  (Read 25525 times)
PPXEXE
Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 10:54:59 PM »

Sigh...

Idea's yeah i got plenty but none of them would work without build a new program/s from the ground up.

There is many things that make PSA hard for noobs, and pro's.

But here's a few things that i could think of that could really help.

1 - Save confirm/warning

I'm one of few that sometimes forget to save multiple files when doing large code changes in psa. Sometimes the coding don't work or cause freezing, then i have to remember what i changed or had deleted something i can't recreate, having a warning would help to prevent this problem.

2 - Sub-Action Change warnings

When changing code in sub-actions the ID code changes which makes goto codes in some actions not work because they we're forgotten or not changed, something to remind us that something else is connected to this sub-action that needs to be changed  would help.

3 - Storing all known info

There is a TON of  known info that isn't added to PSA from textdump, and tested coding that isn't added into PSA. Such as "If direction pressed"

I know that doing this is a ton grunt work, that no one wants to do but it needs to be done.

4 - Make the text more simple

New PSA just don't understand code, some not even hex. Making things much easier to understand will make help them.

5 - TESTER!!

Some of this codes descriptions don't do what they say they do, like if button press/ed/tap. None of these seem to work like they say, some are even used in different ways then said like "If can pick up another item" this makes things very confusing. I remember thinking the first time i saw this code think. "WTF!?"

-

The problem is the dedication of getting these things fixed, most programers tend to let projects/programs go to waste due to boredom because the work not being interesting anymore to them.

So unless people plan on getting involved i kinda don't see this going very far. I'm willing to help with grunt work, because at this time that's all i can do. I worked for ShyGuy for a while but he disappeared on me and didn't finish other work that we we're waiting on.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »

if this would help Psa stuff in (visually, since I too am a visual learner type of gal), I would be 20x more inclined to attempt to Psa then the net even ¼ ass attempts I've been doing as of late.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »

ppxexe:

1- yeh i hate when i do that. I get paranoid sometimes and just save every few minutes to make sure i dont forget >.>.
    2- also know what you mean. I hate changing a subaction, then i have to check and make sure the subroutines pointing to the subaction are right.
    3-mhm
    4-mhm
    5-you can change what they say just by editing the txt files. But "mhm"
    6- mhmmmm-no...yeh...uhh -> i think that their dedication dies because of the lack of the feedback coming from the community.  IF you make something that you feel is AWESOME and release it to the community, only for people not to know or really care for the use, then it WILL most likely kill your dedication to continue.
    7-mhm

Higure Hokousha
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »

Hitbox and graphic visualization would be ideal. If not that, then I would like to see a standardized 'distance/size' unit. Scaling and offsetting hitboxes and graphics is difficult when their size and location are scalar.

I would also like to see an integrated Flag maker. I made a separate application for it, but it is inconvenient (by not being integrated) and I'm still working out a glitch or two. It would be nice to be able to construct hitboxes from an in-program menu. It would be good if such a thing could be done for Special Hitbox flags as well.

Another nice feature would be a 'preview' system for graphics, sound effects, etc. It would be nice to be able to see or hear what you're selecting before it actually goes into brawl.

It would also be helpful to have a color dialog for sword glows (if possible), flash overlays, and flash lighting effects.

A minor feature that I might suggest is an in-program link to the PSA documentation wiki. Not a big deal, but it would be convenient.

Yet another (sorry for the huge list...) nice feature would be the ability to export (importing would be nice, but probably not worth the effort) code as text. That would make it much easier to post code on the forums when discussing PSA code.

I would also like to see (as others have mentioned) a code-snippet library. You would be able to save common section of code there to be pasted in when needed. It would be interesting if you could find a way to access a community database of code-snippets...I'm not sure how the best way to do this would be...can you integrate this kind of thing with the wiki somehow...? I've no clue, but it can't hurt to throw it out there.

Alright, that's it.

My Brawl Tools Library

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=34011.0

Tools:

PSA Assistant

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 05:18:18 PM »

for those people who ignored the point of the video I posted earlier >:O

the logic editor (PSA) should look somewhat like that

there was some nice ideas posted below though Wink

I really need to start making that post -.-*

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »

wtf is that??? xDD

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »

i saw the vid, and - i was typing..but i haveno idea how to describe what i wnna say about the vid.  Mainly i guess is that psa would never be as simple as to click a button to be a "rigid body" (example) because it would be pointless/too big of a task to be meaningful?,....i dunno im confused

also i dun understand the image

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »

I do agree that PSA needs to be more visual.

I've been planning to build PSA into Brawlbox (Along with loading external animations in the model previewer, you could open a psa to edit) AFTER I'm done with finishing the dae importer; one thing at a time.

But rendering hitboxes like bones would be easy to do and you'd be able to actually see when and where the hitbox appears. Rendering gfx would be straightforward like rendering a model, you'd just need to load the gfx file it uses. It'd be pretty cool to just go to the frame you want a hitbox at and select the bone you want a hitbox on, and be able to drag the hitbox around so you know exactly where it is.

Same thing with sound effects. Load the brsar, locate the called sound from the psa, and play it during the animation. The only problem with that right now is that brsar support isn't complete...

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 06:01:07 PM »

I do agree that PSA needs to be more visual.

I've been planning to build PSA into Brawlbox (Along with loading external animations in the model previewer, you could open a psa to edit) AFTER I'm done with finishing the dae importer; one thing at a time.

But rendering hitboxes like bones would be easy to do and you'd be able to actually see when and where the hitbox appears. Rendering gfx would be straightforward like rendering a model, you'd just need to load the gfx file it uses. It'd be pretty cool to just go to the frame you want a hitbox at and select the bone you want a hitbox on, and be able to drag the hitbox around so you know exactly where it is.

Same thing with sound effects. Load the brsar, locate the called sound from the psa, and play it during the animation. The only problem with that right now is that brsar support isn't complete...
    *says in rapid session* This! This! This! This! This! Omg this! Exactly what I was thinking

Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »

that would help for a few thing but would only be useful to make a more cleaner and polished psa.

theres still the difficulty of coding and animating

for me psa coding is out of the way, but everything else is much more harder

brawlbox needs better key frame controls, more key board action keys, and if possible an way to add new animations without replacing others

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 06:29:08 PM »

that would help for a few thing but would only be useful to make a more cleaner and polished psa.

theres still the difficulty of coding and animating

for me psa coding is out of the way, but everything else is much more harder

brawlbox needs better key frame controls, more key board action keys, and if possible an way to add new animations without replacing others

You can add animations as long as the psa has subactions with "NONE" as the animation name. Just change that to whatever you want the name to be and then add an animation to the motion pac with the same name.

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »

i mean adding new animations to the motion.pac

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »

i mean adding new animations to the motion.pac

Right click the BRRES - Import/New - Character Animation

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »

o_O

-__-

There's so much i still have to learn

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »

Sorta off topic but: Undo Button for BrawlBox is a friggin MUST lol.

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
    Print
    Jump to: