Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Spirit of the world:ASKARUS  (Read 13500 times)
Mr.N
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 17, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »

The Legend of Ascarus

If world is in danger to get destroyed, if men despair, if there's no hope, the creator of world, life and even stars will come from everywhere and nowhere to help his children, every being creature, and rescues them.
    Every time, a legendary hero, no one heard before, appears and disappears again, it is Askarus. Because there had only been conflicts between good and bad life forms, he always appeared in different forms, never in his original, most powerful form. He for example was the God in Fire Emblem Radiant dawn, who supported Ike, and it was him who gave the Master Sword it's power,... all those legends are based on Askarus. Without him, world would be a chaotic and lifeless place of material. Now the greatest heroes of all ages fight each other in a cleft between times. This is the third time, such a disaster happens. This third one is the most serious one of those three, because there are so much fighter. This gap of time, the greatest battle in the history of world, is called SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL. The only way for Askarus to close this cleft and to save world from a period of chaos, is to enter it and fight against the heroes he created and sent to keep the balance between good and bad. He has to challenge everyone and he must defeat his own creations. Only than he can send them back to their original age of time and keep the world in harmony. For this purpose he decided to appear in his original form:
    THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD!

To attack his opponents he uses a huge blade and shoots it forward(Neutral B).
    If he uses it more than one time he goes back a little bit to keep the opponent on distance. In Air he moves back the first time the attack is used.

As soon as the Enemy has the right distance he punishes him with the light of judgement(SideB).

If his opponent than has enough % he gives him the rest with  Portal Of Darkness (UpB).
    While this move Askarus in invulnerable because he changes in an other dimension and appears in an other place. This is his strongest attack because of the huge knock back and the long lasting hitbox.
    This is also good to get save on the ground if you're knocked up because the animation is like Kirby's UpB.

If he's in danger, the stars themselve come to protect him . Even against light that means he gets invisible again. as long as stars can be seen Askarus is completely invulnerable. As long as he's invisible it's like Kirby's stone.
    But he can much faster get out of this position and directly attack after the stars.
    I left it this way because than you can help a friend in team battles to protect him fron shoots.

His forward Smash throws stars.

His up smash is a little explosion.

His Down smash is an earthquake which has an effect like DK's Side B.

his up tiltt is a little thunder.

His down tiltt is an Water splash which freezes the opponents if their percentage is 91 or higher

His Side tilt is an attack with his aura hand.
    His Neutral A combo is similar to Kirby's because that's a solid attack.

His air back attack is a little explosion with good distance.

His up Air is an Slash like attack.

His forward air is a combo of the attacks: Wind Aura and Darkness.(You can combo much faster after it than after Kirby's forward air).

His neutral air is an attack which hits only one time but lasts long. Aura Darkness Aura Darkness.
    You can interrupt this Attack much faster than Kirby's neutral Air.

His down Air is like his up tilt only with a down striking thunder.
    If you use it fast behind in the air you don't fall down.
    It's lowest point is even a meteor smash. This is a great edge guarding move.

His down throw is a down striking thunder which hits the opponent several times.
    Here are some pictures(you don't see it the way the pictures show because the move is to fast. Only to give you an impression. You will see it like  on the first picture).

The downthrow has a great animation, too.
    Askarus jumps up high and strikes down with all the power between sky ane earth.
    Here a little impression.

Jump up:

Come down:

You think this is all?
    There is much more!!!

Even the greatest fighter can get knocked off the stage. How can Askarus rescue himself?
    You won't believe it but he's the first completely flying character. With Down B in air you can control high and with SideB you can fly horizontal. You have to push the buttons fast behind and find the right rhythms. If you did this, you will fly and have completely air mobility as long as you want. It might sound difficult but it's very easy to control.

Even now the limit of hgis power isn't reached.

Most of the actions on top are actions to attack. What does Askarus do if he gets wounded?
    With up taunt he calls the forceful stars of healing to help him and to close his wounds(heals 4%).
    If he gets hurt so much that even stars can't help him he takes all the power he uses to jump and to fly and uses it to protect him from death (get metal box).

There's still one last little thing I wanted to add:
    I said Askarus is the creator of every living creature. I wanted this to have in his moveset.
    With down taunt he creates a simple live form which can protect him against projectiles or attacks the opponents. He creates Mr. Saturn.

Some little changes in game physics:
    Much faster than Kirby.
    Bit more horizontal air velocity.
    Increases weight so that he’s no longer a light character.
    Nearly all attacks can be combined faster than Kirby’s (especially air attacks).

That's finally all for now.
    I hope you enjoy my first hack and like him as I do.

There's only one little mistake I know:
    If you walk fast( no run) Askarus, after a few steps, freezes until he does anything else or game crashes(You won't disturbed by it while playing. Really. Only computers make problems sometimes.)At all can someone look at it and send me a PM how to fix that?

This is a complete ready character. I'll only work on some graphic correcturs. Most of them you won’t even notice. But this lasts long time because it's playing around and I work so intensive on Askarus because school started this week.

Here finally is the download link.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?duxyykzygkw

Please leave a little coment how you like Askarus.I would be grateful about critics(good or bad).

At last I have to mention the one who gave me the invisible code and answered patiently some questions:
    ELDRIAN
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:37:57 AM by Mr.N » Logged

FinalSoraRiku
    Mega Kitten

Things sure changed after a few years

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »

:O This is cool.

Blue
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »

*downloads it*

Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Kirblord23
    Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »

coughwispripoffcough
    loljk ill try it out and give you some feedback on it.

Blue
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »

Just tested it, Nice, I don't know if this is a bug, but when you do down-B on the ground, you can use B to get out of it and slash.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »

At first I thought "And here come the Wisp rip-offs ... -_-"
    Then I read the description, and I apologize : this looks nothing like a rip-off. Only the little GFX Trick.

I'll test this as soon as I can.  Happy Face

Edit : I did. And it crashed after a few seconds because of that glitch. T-T
    I don't really know how you play, but I do not understand how it can't bother you that much ... o.O
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 04:37:36 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Blue
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »

IT never crashed for me :/

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »

I don't think I'll use this because I already have a floating ball of GFX in my roster and I have Fighter Kirby set, so........

I'll definitely test it though

Eldiran
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »

Nice work Mr N!  I love running around as this guy.  Feels like an elemental podracer.  I really like how you made this facing visible with dust -- it really feels like he's turning around when he... turns around.

Of his moves, my favorite is definitely the down throw.

Think I found your glitch on the walking -- in subaction C under GFX, there's a Goto 45E54.  No such offset exists.  Changing it to 4F424 ought to fix it.

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

If you're lucky you'll die without pain

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »

Looks sweet. Was this in any way influenced by Shaman King?

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 06:55:06 AM »

To push down B on ground and than can use B right after it is no bug. I think it's nice.
    I hope I can solve the walking bug with Eldrian's advice (I should have noticed that silly mistake).
    And who's Shaman King?

At last a second question about Askerus:
    Do you like my story?

SKLLedOne
    Hyper Kitten

^^^ Without a doubt, the most AWESOME punkin ever!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 07:52:56 AM »

And who's Shaman King?

What, not who.  It's a Shonan Jump anima/manga.

Also, @ MrL: It crashed for me before I started the fight.
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:54:28 AM by SKLLedOne » Logged

You will DIE!

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »

Never happened to me.
    I can't explain.

Blue
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »

To push down B on ground and than can use B right after it is no bug.
    Ok, just wanted to let you know just in case.

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »

It's always nice to try to help.
    To Eldrian: I couldn't fit that bug.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: