Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .rel help  (Read 1920 times)
Eriad Eternas
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »

Alright so...firstly i'd like to apologize for posting this as...there probably is a post somewhere (buried away where i can't find it) that answers this. Also I tried reading the guide that explains clone engine modding and all that but i couldn't understand it.

So with out further adieu i present my question. How does the clone engine work... as in how do you get it to work. For example, how would I get marth to work while having a roy over marth? I tried having roy go over marth and moving marth over to ROB but all that happened was rob looking possessed by marth ( Jokes aside, it was Rob's model but with marth's attacks...)

I think roy worked...but i don't remember, but that's water under the bridge. My real problem is getting marth to work on someone else...in short.

Thanks for helping/Reading!

-Eriad Eternas-

TruePhilosopher
Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »

Not only do you need to import the .rel over the character you're porting over, but you need to port the model as well.  In specific export the .mdl0 file of the character you porting and place it over the character you're replacing.

Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Eriad Eternas
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »

So what do you mean by importing the model. So do you make a folder called module and then put the .rel in that, then on top of that import the model for whoever over whoever? Is that right? If so or if not, could you explain how to do this or point me in right direction to learn how to do it?

I'm super new to all this, but i'm trying at least, so thanks for bearing with me.

-Eriad Eternas-

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »

Yes you are correct.  Not only do you need the .rel in the module folder, but you need to import the .mdl0 model onto the character you put the .rel on.

Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:43:04 PM »

Yes you are correct.  Not only do you need the .rel in the module folder, but you need to import the .mdl0 model onto the character you put the .rel on.
    or just rename the files to match said ported character.

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »

Haha yeah, you can use a .pac/.pcs file of a character that is already made and just rename it to the character you're porting over.  Much easier than what I suggested!  Mario Facepalm

Eriad Eternas
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »

Wa, Wa Wait! so i could just put the .rel in module, and take the port files and name them the character i'm porting over or vise versa?

Ex. if i was trying to port marth over rob, i would name the pac and pcs files robot and the .rel, ft marth. or would the files be named fit marth and the rel remain the same...

I'm not really sure here, the file i downloaded from the brawl vault has everything named as i first described it in the EX. ( pac and pcs= marth, and a rel with marth in it.) i'm going to go ahead and try it again and see where that gets me...if anywhere.

-Eriad Eternas-
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:29:49 PM by Eriad Eternas » Logged

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »

Marth over ROB has already been done!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#Type=Character%R.O.B.%

Eriad Eternas
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »

Oh...well that's the thing i've been trying to get to work...but the only thing that happened was what i described in the opening post. I can't figure out what i did wrong...i put the rel in module and the downloaded rob file in file robot. but all that happened was rob looked really disfigured and attacking like marth.
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:39:37 PM by Eriad Eternas » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: