Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?
Yes - 16 (76.2%)
No - 1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier - 4 (19%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 93
Author Topic: The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363  (Read 304308 times)
Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 22, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »

See what I did there?

*ahem*

Anyway, I present to you....

~Project Other M Samus~

In a nutshell, this project's goal is to make Samus more like she was in Other M.

Namely, make her much more agile and mobile. And a lot more physical as well.

So what changes will be made? Here's a tentative list of everything that will be modified.

~Change List~

-Samus has all of Zero Suit Samus's attributes, such as her run and jump velocity.
    -Goes into Morph Ball Mode when crouching.
    -It would be lovely if we could give her the ability to "crawl" so we can make her roll around in Morph Ball Mode, but seeing as how Samus has a pretty low filesize limit, this may not happen.
    -Tweaked animations. For example, using Captain Falcon's run animation in place of her own.
    -Total PSA and animation overhaul

We're probably changing more than this, but some of the things may have slipped my mind. /:

So how different will her moveset be?

~Moveset~
    *Keep in mind that this moveset is tentative and subject to change*

AA Combo: The Same

Side Tilt: Grapple Whip (Samus uses the grapple beam as a whip. Can be angled up or down)
    Down Tilt: Morph Ball Bomb
    Up Tilt: The Same(?)

Side Smash: Missle (Fully Charged shoots Super Missiles, non-full charged shoots Homing Missiles. Can also be angled)
    Down Smash: 5-Bomb Drop
    Up Smash: The Same (Hopefully not for long, this really needs to go)

Neutral Air: Samus uses her Grapple Beam as a whip and spins around.
    Forward Air: Samus double kick's the air infront of her.
    Back Air: The Same
    Down Air: The Same
    Up Air: The Same

Neutral B: Charge Beam (The difference here being that she fires weak shots that don't make the foe flinch, and can be charged while holding B. Able to move around with charge, if possible)
    Side B: Screw Attack (Horizontally, this time. Think MP2/MP3)
    Down B: Power Bomb (Works like Ganondorf's UTilt. It auto charges then releases a large dome of energy which will deal roughly 20% or so. Unleashing the energy deals 10% to Samus herself.)
    Up B: Shinespark

Down Throw: Overblast. Samus flips the charater onto the ground then fires her beam at them. Damage varies depending on the active beam and the charge that it's at.

Forward Throw: Samus spins around slightly crouched and stretches out he leg and kicks the character in the upper torso. 8%

Back Throw: Lethal Blow. Samus spins around the character pulls and blasts the character from their back. Again, damage varies on the beam and it's current charge state.

Up Throw: Samus lays on her back and double kick's the character straight up. 9%

Final Smash: Uh.....

So who all is working on this project?

~The Team~

-Me
    -Royal_Blade
    -Aether
    -Weyard
    -Eira
    -Pride
    -xZedekiel
    -Ultraxwing
    -SDoom
    -beatthat

Basically, anyone who contributes in a positive way, be it simple consultation, PSA or animation, or testing.

So that's that!

Interested? Intrigued? Annoyed? Disgusted?

We want feedback!

If you have any suggestions, we would appreciate it if you would leave a comment detailing any ideas or issues you have. Just keep it constructive people.

Also, if you have any ideas as to how the moveset can be improved upon, that would be lovely~

~Progress~

So, you don't think we're making progress, eh?

Well, I only have one response to that.

Also:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_RP2Fr8o4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_RP2Fr8o4</a>

~To-Do List~

Red means it hasn't been done yet.
    White means it has been completed.

Think you can handle that?

1. Fix the N-air (including GFX glitches)
    2. Change the flags of the up smash (and GFX to common screw attack)

3. Get rid if z-air completely. Make her dodge instead.
    4. Make samus' gun not expand in taunts/etc.
    5. Make Samus not turn into ZSS (done via code)
    6. Edit SFX
    « Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:13:36 PM by Gamma Ridley » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »

wow nice layout.

So, whats first? Replacing all the animations in their correct places? Or will you be doing them one by one and finishing them one at a time?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »

I'll go on and repost my thoughts on the new moves.

Her air-game isn't going to change too much because of the attribute changes, but she will be much better on the ground. People tend to spam the aerial grapple beam right now to space the opponent, but that won't work now. I'll get to that later.
    On the ground, you will now have lots of projectiles to use (as she should have been in the first place. -.- sakurai....).

The forward air is going to have a conflicting role in the moveset. You would be best off staying on the ground and using a projectile than jumping and using a long-range move like that grapple beam.

3 air attacks are staying the same, so I have some feedback on them from when I swapped the attributes over earlier.

I find N-air a little harder to use with these attributes. You reach maximum jump height faster than before, so it's harder to get a hit out with it on the way up. However on the way back down it is easier to hit with because of the extra floatyness.
    It's boring and I would change it if it were me though :?P

Back-air is easier to hit with now because of the extra floatyness.

Down-air should still be fine. I don't see any reason that it would get worse from the changes.

But the forward-air...

With the Grapple beam on forward air, you aren't going to be able to space correctly with it as you once would have done with the z-button aerial grapple beam. With those attributes Samus falls at a different speed and you can't really short up at all. Plus the landing lag is greater, so you aren't going to be able to recover fast enough to jump and get out another forward air in time to keep the opponent from getting to you first.
    To remedy this, I would suggest making the beam whip out faster, or make it slower and do more damage/better knockback.
    You might also be able to adjust the knockback and growth such that you could alway(most of the time) follow straight into a n-air after the beam brings the opponent closer to youl.
    With all of the amazing projectiles on the ground, you'd have to find some way to make this move work in different situations than the z-grapple beam would have been used in before.

With those attributes (when I changed them), missles seem to fire and travel faster. I'm not sure which attribute caused it though. That might be something you would encourage for the f-tilt and f-smash that are going to use them istead.

As for the B-moves:

Those are great.
    I would rather see Power Bomb on Down-B. Not sure how you could balance it though. It would have to have less range than it has in the actual games.
    The size of a smart-bomb explosion would probably be the largest I would consider. Anything larger than that and it's going to get a little bit broken.
    It would to delay for a second or so before exploding so you could use it strategically.

Or you could use Power Bomb as the Final Smash. You could then make it function as it does in the actual games. Doing a huge amount of damage and ko-ing opponents within a certain range.

Something you forgot, she needs ZSS's dodges (forward/back/spot). The slow ball mode dodges aren't going to cut it.

I would have liked to have seen ZSS's DownB dodging thing transferred to Samus for this moveset, but it isn't really necessary. Just having faster side dodges would be sufficient.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56:07 PM »

Update on the 'dummy' PSA:
    Shield dies down faster, or it looks like it atleast, that's odd...
    Definitely has 3 jumps. *Shot*
    Air mobility is slightly different.
    Shield is smaller.

Maybe the Final Smash should be Power Bomb?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:03:19 AM »

wow nice layout.

So, whats first? Replacing all the animations in their correct places? Or will you be doing them one by one and finishing them one at a time?

Well, I suppose I should start on the animations, as we don't really have much else to work with. XD

I've already replaced Samus's run and all the other run-transition animations with those of Captain Falcon, and cleaned them up a bit to fit Samus more.

You're still doing PSA, yes?

I'll go on and repost my thoughts on the new moves.

Her air-game isn't going to change too much because of the attribute changes, but she will be much better on the ground. People tend to spam the aerial grapple beam right now to space the opponent, but that won't work now. I'll get to that later.
    On the ground, you will now have lots of projectiles to use (as she should have been in the first place. -.- sakurai....).

The forward air is going to have a conflicting role in the moveset. You would be best off staying on the ground and using a projectile than jumping and using a long-range move like that grapple beam.

3 air attacks are staying the same, so I have some feedback on them from when I swapped the attributes over earlier.

I find N-air a little harder to use with these attributes. You reach maximum jump height faster than before, so it's harder to get a hit out with it on the way up. However on the way back down it is easier to hit with because of the extra floatyness.
    It's boring and I would change it if it were me though :?P

Back-air is easier to hit with now because of the extra floatyness.

Down-air should still be fine. I don't see any reason that it would get worse from the changes.

But the forward-air...

With the Grapple beam on forward air, you aren't going to be able to space correctly with it as you once would have done with the z-button aerial grapple beam. With those attributes Samus falls at a different speed and you can't really short up at all. Plus the landing lag is greater, so you aren't going to be able to recover fast enough to jump and get out another forward air in time to keep the opponent from getting to you first.
    To remedy this, I would suggest making the beam whip out faster, or make it slower and do more damage/better knockback.
    You might also be able to adjust the knockback and growth such that you could alway(most of the time) follow straight into a n-air after the beam brings the opponent closer to youl.
    With all of the amazing projectiles on the ground, you'd have to find some way to make this move work in different situations than the z-grapple beam would have been used in before.

With those attributes (when I changed them), missles seem to fire and travel faster. I'm not sure which attribute caused it though. That might be something you would encourage for the f-tilt and f-smash that are going to use them istead.

As for the B-moves:

Those are great.
    I would rather see Power Bomb on Down-B. Not sure how you could balance it though. It would have to have less range than it has in the actual games.
    The size of a smart-bomb explosion would probably be the largest I would consider. Anything larger than that and it's going to get a little bit broken.
    It would to delay for a second or so before exploding so you could use it strategically.

Or you could use Power Bomb as the Final Smash. You could then make it function as it does in the actual games. Doing a huge amount of damage and ko-ing opponents within a certain range.

Something you forgot, she needs ZSS's dodges (forward/back/spot). The slow ball mode dodges aren't going to cut it.

I would have liked to have seen ZSS's DownB dodging thing transferred to Samus for this moveset, but it isn't really necessary. Just having faster side dodges would be sufficient.

Personally, I didn't like the Fair idea much. I though it weird that the Grapple Beam would be used for that. /:

I also think  it'll be weird if we use missles for the side smash and tilt.

I like the idea of the Power Bomb as the Down B more than the Beam Switch, as it seems more possible to do. However, it also makes sense to be the Final Smash. Perhaps we can implement the Crystal Flash in some way?

And using ZSS's dodge animations shouldn't be a problem. I may use some of her attack animations as well if we can't think of anything else for Samus's moveset.

The Up Smash definitely needs to go.

Update on the &#039;dummy&#039; PSA:
    Shield dies down faster, or it looks like it atleast, that&#039;s odd...
    Definitely has 3 jumps. *Shot*
    Air mobility is slightly different.
    Shield is smaller.

Yeah, I did change her shield attributes.

I don't really know why. XD

I should probably change those back.

Would you mind testing this out?

Just... run around for a bit.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 12:07:19 AM »

See how Captain Falcon's up-smash looks on Samus. It might work there. It's just a series of rapid kicks.

I kinda like the idea of having projectiles on A-moves. It's different. I would make her play so much differently. I was hoping that Megaman will have something like this if he gets in SSB4. Although it isn't likely now that Capcom has almost officially killed the Megaman Series.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 12:09:55 AM »

Righto, testing, be back in a bit~

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 12:13:15 AM »

See how Captain Falcon's up-smash looks on Samus. It might work there. It's just a series of rapid kicks.

I kinda like the idea of having projectiles on A-moves. It's different. I would make her play so much differently. I was hoping that Megaman will have something like this if he gets in SSB4. Although it isn't likely now that Capcom has almost officially killed the Megaman Series.

It's definitely unique, but I think it would be a bit difficult to actually play with. /:

Though I do like the idea about being able to aim the Missiles up or down.

So long as one can fire Missiles somewhat rapidly, I'm good.

Righto, testing, be back in a bit~

Thanks much. :]

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 12:16:37 AM »

Run animation seems the same, did you upload the right one? Did something else screw up?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »

Run animation seems the same, did you upload the right one? Did something else screw up?

Whaaaa...?

Hm.... that's strange...

Re-uploaded.

To be sure... you did remember to remove the " - mom" from the end of the name, yes?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 12:23:58 AM »

Still no.
    And of course I did.

Very strange.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »

You're still doing PSA, yes?

Sure, i can do pretty much everything except for the specials. Most of it should just be event swapping from one move to the other, but for some of them the actual hitboxes and such will have to be remade from scratch. Just let me know when some animations are done enough and take care of them in PSA. Although i have no idea how the hitboxes on her missiles would work.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 12:27:54 AM »

Still no.
    And of course I did.

Very strange.

o_o

This is kinda frustrating.... I've never faced this problem, so I don't know what to do. /:

Do you have any other edited MotionEtcs for Samus? And if so, do they work?

Sure, i can do pretty much everything except for the specials. Most of it should just be event swapping from one move to the other, but for some of them the actual hitboxes and such will have to be remade from scratch. Just let me know when some animations are done enough and take care of them in PSA. Although i have no idea how the hitboxes on her missiles would work.

Ah, ok. Thanks. :]

Would you happen to know why my animations aren't showing up in-game?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »

No motion files from me. i'll make a quick one now and i'll see if it works or not.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 12:35:10 AM »

No motion files from me. i'll make a quick one now and i'll see if it works or not.

Alright then. I may just have a corrupt MotionEtc or something. /:

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 93
    Print
    Jump to: