The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on August 03, 2011, 05:47:21 AM
So I ripped a boat load of Samus Animation files from Other M and then I got to thinking.  Would there be a way to convert them to Brawl?  I believe the answer is yes and I'm darn sure going to try!  :af2:
My theory is to convert the animation keyframes over to the appropriate bones in Brawl and if it works we could have some official Other M animations!  Of course if you guys aren't interested that's cool too.  :P


Good luck with that. XD

What kind of files are the animations? I think authentic animations would be lovely.


Well BrawlBox .64 makes it a tad easier and it can already read the .chr0 files without me even having to mess with the hex (which I had to do with my Dragon.)  I figure that if I import the yellow keyframes then it should be close and I could touch up what needs to be touched up.  At any rate I believe they're all her in-game animations as there are a lot of them.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on August 03, 2011, 06:03:44 AM
Well BrawlBox .64 makes it a tad easier and it can already read the .chr0 files without me even having to mess with the hex (which I had to do with my Dragon.)  I figure that if I import the yellow keyframes then it should be close and I could touch up what needs to be touched up.  At any rate I believe they're all her in-game animations as there are a lot of them.

Wait... so Other M uses .chr0 files?

... I had no idea. o_o

WHOAH. If that works we can change every animation into her authentic ones. Hopefully a few years down the road when imports actually work we can have the authentic model too.


Quote from: Gamma Ridley on August 03, 2011, 06:09:02 AM
Wait... so Other M uses .chr0 files?

... I had no idea. o_o
^This basically.. o_o"

Also, i'll start on the N64 recolors later today. Still got to get the pictures back from the person who tested the Melee ones for me xD

Quote from: Weyard on August 03, 2011, 07:57:14 AM
We'll be doing all this stuff on SSB4 which may be easier to hack.

I meant until it comes out obviously. New things like the clone engine are being done, so it really shouldnt be too much longer until perfect model importing is here. Theyve already learned how to fix the glitches, its just too time consuming to get it done.

Hell yes I got it to work!  :happy:
It's a really basic animation, but it works!!!
It'd be good for a wait pose or something I guess.
Want the file Gamma?
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

It may not work in-game though. Someone needs to test it. If it DOES work, then get as many as you can.

Well I have the raw .chr0, therefore I want to give it to Gamma so he'll inject it into the motionfile for testing.  At any rate it should work as I changed everything in Brawlbox.

Since I notice Gamma is offline, if anyone else would like to test this that'd be fine.  If you don't know how to put it into her fitmotion I could do it I suppose.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph


Quote from: TruePhilosopher on August 03, 2011, 08:29:45 AM
Well I have the raw .chr0, therefore I want to give it to Gamma so he'll inject it into the motionfile for testing.  At any rate it should work as I changed everything in Brawlbox.

Since I notice Gamma is offline, if anyone else would like to test this that'd be fine.  If you don't know how to put it into her fitmotion I could do it I suppose.
Wouldn't that just be right-clicking the animation you want to replace then insert the file you have?
I'm not animator so i wouldn't know xD


Alright, well here's the FitMotion.pac: [I removed the file]
Take note that this isn't Gamma's FitMotion as I just want to test if these work in-game.  That is all.

And yes Pride.  :P
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph