Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: So, do you guys like the moveset?
WHERE'S MAH FILLER OPTION? - 3 (30%)
No - 1 (10%)
Not quite sure - 2 (20%)
WHERE'S MAH FILLER OPTION? - 4 (40%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IWasAPerson's Hub of PSA's: Nightmare Started  (Read 3678 times)
IWasAPerson
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »

IWasAPerson's (Empty) Hub of PSA's

Hey people, welcome to my thread. With a lack of actual content and flashy titles(at least until I make a good portion of my first PSA), this is where I will keep progress on my PSA's as I make them. Feel free to give me your opinion on anything. Good, bad, constructive, suggestions, whatever.

NIGHTMARE

No one knows when the knight in azure armor first appeared in Europe. It was said that those who saw the knight's crimson eyes could not escape death. This azure knight is better known as Nightmare, and he is prepared to join the brawl. Taking a break from absorbing souls, Nightmare will be a powerhouse, carrying the fabled Soul Edge with him. He will be somewhat slow in his attacks but make up for it in power and versatility. He brings with him a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.

PROJECT UPDATES
Currently Working On: Animations. Lots of them. That claw is ridiculously hard to animate, seriously.
*I'm going to be gone for a day or two and I wanted to post this before leaving. I'll put up a preview very soon.*
MOVESET (I'll fix the descriptions with damage amounts)
A: Slash (Moves sword to one side)

AA: Double Slash (Moves it back the other way)

AAA: Slash Cross (Brings it up over his head and down vertically)

S-Tilt: Jade Crusher (punches with his claw)

U-Tilt: Cannonball Lifter/Sky Splitter (The two are very very similar)

D-Tilt: Leg Slash

F-Smash: Piercing Strike

U-Smash: Midnight Launcher (With Charge)

D-Smash: Stomping (Charged version)

Dash Attack: Rook Splitter. This one's a powerhouse, but there's a long startup lag and a long ending lag. It's a high risk, high reward move.

N-Air: Similar to a held Back Spin Slash. Nightmare spins his sword around in the same way and loops around twice, but maintains his form afterwards.

F-Air: Armlet Crusher.

U-Air: Night Annihilation. He spins his sword twice with his claw before returning to form.

D-Air: Nightmare thrusts his sword downward while kicking one of his legs up with the sword between thim. He holds his sword by his left arm, and the move has a spike strong at the tip and mid-grade at the center.

B-Air: Nightmare punches with his claw. Does a little damage but is very quick.

Neutral B: Earth Splitter. This one charges for a second, gaining power as it goes on. If let go before, it does relatively low damage and little knockback to avoid spamming, just enough to keep opponents from getting too close. If it is full-charge, it stuns the victims for a second before sending them off with a pretty good knockback. This only happens if they hit the brunt of the sword. If they get hit from above, it doesn't stun but has medium knockback. Does burn damage regardless. Has super armor when dropping the sword.

Side B: This works somewhat like Marth's Side B. He first spin attacks, then moves into a low-claw stance, then attacks upwards, putting his claw and sword upward, then smashes it into the ground, then switches hands behind his back and nails the opponent from the side.

Down B: A counter, using the same animation as a forward guard break.

Up B: If on the ground, Nightmare will throw Soul Edge into the ground, step on the bottom of the sword sticking out, and jump, grabbing his sword in the process with his claw and flipping himself. If in the air, Nightmare will steady his sword downward, toss it forward, and propel himself up and forward in the same manner. This does little damage but has a combo streak if hit right. This is a great forward recovery but is an average upward recovery, slightly less than Ike's. He isn't in a helpless state afterwards, but can't use B-moves.

Grab punch: He hits them with the sword from above, like in his Hilt Impact.

F-Throw: Hilt Impact. He slams them forward with Soul Edge's hilt.

B-Throw: Soul Devour. He grabs them by the neck and throws them backwards.

U-Throw: A modified version of Unholy Terror. He pierces them with his sword and thrusts his sword upwards, sending them off.

D-Throw: Witch Hunt. He forces the foe into the ground with his sword and pulls it out for a 3-hit combo.

Final Smash: Nightmare flails his sword back and forth like one of his win animations, until a Soul Charge is complete. He then takes the sword and smashes it into the ground, causing massive damage with a large hitbox. If the opponent has more than 45% damage it'll be a one-hit kill. But the attack is dodgeable in the air or with a side-step.

Other Notes:
Nightmare is really heavy. The armor isn't just for looks...
He has a fairly fast run and an average walk, like in Soul Calibur.
His sword cannot be put away.
Soul Edge will be placed on his left hand, with items held in his right hand/claw. For obvious reasons his stance will be different.

TO DO:
Pretty much all animations. I'll finish animations before any PSA work begins.

COMPLETED:
Wait 1
Wait 2
Attack11
ItemHandGrip (The claw has to be reanimated
ItemHandHave (The claw)
ItemHandPickUp (Again, the claw)
ItemHandSmash (The claw one more time)
An incredibly bad WalkSlow
The sword article is attached to his left hand

PREVIEWS:
Yeah, I'll get on that real quick. I'll be unable to animate tomorrow but I'll try and make a video of his wait1, wait2, and attack11 anim.

Ultraxwing
Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »

Whoa, you're actually making this?

i wish i could help in any way possible.

but i can't animate unless i have a sprite sheet, or the animation needed done much likea sprite sheet with stick figures.

if you do that, i'll be glad to animate for you...

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:49:42 PM »

Do you have Soul Calibur 2? I'm basing the moveset mostly off of that since Beyond's vertex is the SC2 version. If you do, just go to training mode and repeatedly do each of the moves or demo them in the command list in training. That's what I'm using as a reference for the animations.

But, I can use all the help I can get since I'm having a hard time getting him to walk without him looking weird. Thanks! And, if you don't have SC2, go check out some youtube vids to get an idea on Nightmare's moves.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:52:42 PM by IWasAPerson » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:54:10 PM »

I'll try that.

i do have it. but my PS2 Died along time ago...

i'll try some animations. but later, i'm trying to make some important animations for Dark Samus.

i'll help if i can. seeing how Dark samus won't have a psaer besides my self.

but i'll help if i can.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »

Well, I've got good news and bad news. But nothing extremely bad.

The good news is the sword's working as I expected it to. It attaches to the LHaveN bone and items are unaffected. I just need to reposition the sword in the MotionEtc file itself 'cause it wasn't positioned properly.

The bad news is the attack11 animation is corrupted. I can open it up and read it just fine but it won't save. It was bad even by my standards anyways. Also, I lost my copy of Camtasia studio and I have limited bandwidth. I won't be able to make a demo video until tomorrow, but I might just use my Dazzle to screen cap Nightmare, since Brawlbox doesn't show the sword.

Expect some actual progress tomorrow.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »

Hmm, I'll be awaiting for a release. Smiley

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: