Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texture transparecy  (Read 1006 times)
Iwvi
Cronic Procrastinator
Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 04, 2011, 02:25:18 AM »

I need help figuring how to make pits wings traslucent (semi transparent), I edited the texture to be semi transparent but if i put the value too low it is completely invisible and if its around 50% visible, in game it looks completely opaque, so no transparency. My question is, why does this happen?, the texture format is RGB5A3, and it should let me use semitransparency, falcos headgear uses it too. Also, could it have something to do with materials or anything else?.

In short: I just need help making pit's wings semi transparent.

FF7Frieza
    Supreme Kitten

Ora ora ora!

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »

use Gimp 2.0 or Paint for this part... make the part you want transparent Magenta.... and open Gimp 2.0 (Unless you were already using Gimp 2.0) Transparency Wand on the magenta, put it on Pit again after you save it, its done... if you want to do it with another texture open Gimp or paint, make the part magenta you want invisible, Rinse and Repeat

3DS Friend Code: 3497-1528-9631

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »

The problem is I don´t want it to be invicible, that is easy, I want it to be semi-transparent, like capt. falcon's visor. Kinda like glass.

EDIT: Never mind, think I solved it. With a hex editor and a bit of luck I managed to change the material using capt. falco's visor as a reference and now his wings are see-trough, semi transparent, traslucent or whatever you might call it. Thanks anyway.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:00:24 PM by Iwvi » Logged

FF7Frieza
    Supreme Kitten

Ora ora ora!

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:08 PM »

The problem is I don´t want it to be invicible, that is easy, I want it to be semi-transparent, like capt. falcon's visor. Kinda like glass. EDIT: Never mind, think I solved it. With a hex editor and a bit of luck I managed to change the material using capt. falco's visor as a reference and now his wings are see-trough, semi transparent, traslucent or whatever you might call it. Thanks anyway.
    welcome... i guess i should read post first

3DS Friend Code: 3497-1528-9631

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: