Awards - Full List, Claims, Updates

Started by Miacis, August 08, 2011, 10:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 14, 2011, 09:27:16 PM
Plus I just don't like the Haku award... It's just... Boring looking. And as I said, unneeded.
Yet when it was a group you didn't say a thing about it.

Personally i don't see why it's not worth a shot. I say go try it and we'll see what happens. If it fails, just remove it. If it works, keep it. Simple as that.

Hey, to be 100% honest, I didn't want to be a "slave".

And further more, why even keep it as an award? As I said, it's a waste of data. Like the Shadow award, or any other ones of no value.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 14, 2011, 09:27:16 PM
Filter out the unneeded data on the board's memory, and make more room for more important awards.
2 images, a list of who has the award (which can just be user IDs), and an entry in the list of each person who has the award.

Not a lot of space.

The awards in general have no real value.

They're just decorative, and slight ego boosters.

We don't need them, they're just nice to have.

December 14, 2011, 09:35:12 PM #829 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:38:55 PM by Puraidou Kurosaki
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 14, 2011, 09:32:32 PM
And further more, why even keep it as an award? As I said, it's a waste of data. Like the Shadow award, or any other ones of no value.
I doubt that this "data" is anything big, it's 2 pics and a few links to users.

Quote from: Vyse on December 14, 2011, 09:33:00 PM
2 images, a list of who has the award (which can just be user IDs), and an entry in the list of each person who has the award. Not a lot of space.
You ninja :>.>:

Quote from: Cascade Hellsing on December 14, 2011, 09:34:30 PMThe awards in general have no real value. They're just decorative, and slight ego boosters. We don't need them, they're just nice to have.
Very true.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 14, 2011, 09:27:16 PM
Hm... I don't know... I think I'd like it better if the joke awards were just abolished all together...

Filter out the unneeded data on the board's memory, and make more room for more important awards.

Plus I just don't like the Haku award... It's just... Boring looking. And as I said, unneeded.
It's not like the awards are taking any space in the data. And the only people who make awards-related queries are a few mods and admins. So it really wouldn't save any space at all, really.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 14, 2011, 09:27:16 PM
Hm... I don't know... I think I'd like it better if the joke awards were just abolished all together...

Filter out the unneeded data on the board's memory, and make more room for more important awards.

Plus I just don't like the Haku award... It's just... Boring looking. And as I said, unneeded.

Boring looking?  :'(
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on December 14, 2011, 09:39:07 PM
Boring looking?  :'(

You at what you did Data! You made the Gentleman cry! You should be ashamed.

Oh yeah and random note, is it bad if I nominate myself for the Constructive award?  As terrible as it sounds, I give loads of constructive feedback to users and no one's really nominating anyone at the moment so......

Quote from: Vyse on December 14, 2011, 09:33:00 PM
2 images, a list of who has the award (which can just be user IDs), and an entry in the list of each person who has the award.

Not a lot of space.
Still, it just seems wasteful... But I guess I'm the only one who wants joke awards gone. <_>

Quote from: Cascade Hellsing on December 14, 2011, 09:34:30 PM
The awards in general have no real value.

They're just decorative, and slight ego boosters.
This... Is true too... Although Mia wants to make them karma replacements... I don't know, I just don't really like that idea either...
Quote from: SJS on December 14, 2011, 09:39:07 PM
Boring looking? :'(
Well I mean... It's just mostly white, with a little bit of red in the middle... Not bashing on the rest of the awards, heck, even the Shadow one looks nice... It's pointless, but nice looking. XD

December 14, 2011, 09:49:31 PM #835 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:53:29 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 14, 2011, 09:42:20 PM
Oh yeah and random note, is it bad if I nominate myself for the Constructive award?  As terrible as it sounds, I give loads of constructive feedback to users and no one's really nominating anyone at the moment so......
Wait for people who you helped to nominate you for it. That's how it works.
Only nominate people who helped you as a hacker.

And no, the "He helped you help me help us all ! " argument shall be diregarded.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 14, 2011, 09:42:20 PM
Oh yeah and random note, is it bad if I nominate myself for the Constructive award?  As terrible as it sounds, I give loads of constructive feedback to users and no one's really nominating anyone at the moment so......
*nominates sDo0m*
I've seen you do it several times and damn do you go into detail O_o"
Several of Divine's PSA's, KJP's PSA's and more.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on December 14, 2011, 09:49:31 PM
Wait for people who you helped to nominate you for it. That's how it works.
Only nominate people who helped you as a hacker.

And no, the "He helped you helpme help us all ! " argument shall be diregarded.

Quote from: Puraidou Kurosaki on December 14, 2011, 09:50:00 PM
*nominates sDo0m*
I've seen you do it several times and damn do you go into detail O_o"
Several of Divine's PSA's, KJP's PSA's and more.

Yay :happy:  Thanks Pride ;)

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 14, 2011, 09:51:39 PM
Yay :happy:  Thanks Pride ;)
No problem, you deserve the award in my honest opinion.

Although I they haven't given me any constructive criticism persay, I'd say that SDo0m and Velen should get the award.

I mean I've seen a lot of Velen's stuff, and some of them are pretty well written and detailed.

As for SDo0m, He made all those hack review videos, and they're really good and detailed.