Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You know, Nintendo actually has nor legal right to remove and void warranty the on HomeBrew.

Quote...the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act states that warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty, this does not apply as the Homebrew Channel is software, not a physical computer part.

Someone should sue. :af:

September 09, 2010, 06:50:01 PM #286 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:51:22 PM by NaruZeldaMaster
Quote from: NasokaKewe on September 09, 2010, 05:31:51 PM
You know, Nintendo actually has nor legal right to remove and void warranty the on HomeBrew.

Quote...the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act states that warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty, this does not apply as the Homebrew Channel is software, not a physical computer part.

Someone should sue. :af:

On top of that, let's add this. They may as well change the license agreement to it xD

By purchasing this product you agree to the terms of service and the following. At any given time Nintendo will frequently update the wii software and hardware. This is an optional(but suggested) part of the agreement. By Clicking I accept you agree to the terms of service and nintendo has the permission to update and/or remove software from your system without your consent at any given time. This software that can be removed is anything not provided with the purchase of this system (IE we get to screw with your preacious Homebrew) and/or not sponsered by nintendo or it's respected partners.

XD
WTF  I just made it sound real @_@ lol

Quote from: NasokaKewe on September 09, 2010, 05:31:51 PM
You know, Nintendo actually has nor legal right to remove and void warranty the on HomeBrew.

Quote...the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act states that warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty, this does not apply as the Homebrew Channel is software, not a physical computer part.

Someone should sue. :af:
Agreed, they removed Riivolution from my Wii.



I think I browsed this topic enough to conclude that it's safe to update the Wii to 4.3 and still get my Homebrew channel back, along with the use of Gecko OS, is that right? The only reason I'd like to update it is so I can go into the Wii shop channel this coming week to get Sonic 4, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Sorry for bumping this topic! >_>

Quote from: ChaosInvoker on October 09, 2010, 09:05:42 PM
I think I browsed this topic enough to conclude that it's safe to update the Wii to 4.3 and still get my Homebrew channel back, along with the use of Gecko OS, is that right? The only reason I'd like to update it is so I can go into the Wii shop channel this coming week to get Sonic 4, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Sorry for bumping this topic! >_>

SONIC 4?? NEXT WEEK?? xD
*goes off to get a wii points card*


I updated my Wii, sadly, and no longer have Homebrew... but I only updated, because I got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it FORCED me to update, or I wouldn't be able to play it. I didn't realize that the retarded update would REMOVE my Homebrew Channel.

Quote from: The Neverending Twilight on January 03, 2011, 09:19:47 AM
I updated my Wii, sadly, and no longer have Homebrew... but I only updated, because I got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it FORCED me to update, or I wouldn't be able to play it. I didn't realize that the retarded update would REMOVE my Homebrew Channel.

You must've been using an older version of the HBC then.  The current version is compatible with the 4.3 System Menu, and is unaffected by the current Wii updates.

On a side note, all that the Donkey Kong Country Returns update does is stub certain IOSes.  You can easily bypass this update with Gecko OS, or by using a USB Loader program, like WiiFlow.

I installed Priiloader so I (read: other people in my house) could play Kirby's Epic Yarn w/o updating.

Quote from: The Neverending Twilight on January 03, 2011, 09:19:47 AM
I updated my Wii, sadly, and no longer have Homebrew... but I only updated, because I got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it FORCED me to update, or I wouldn't be able to play it. I didn't realize that the retarded update would REMOVE my Homebrew Channel.

I used Riivolution to get past it. But my sister didn't know about this and updated my Wii when Just Dance 2 asked for an update.

"Where You At!? Where You At!? Where You At!? OH! Oh My God! Wombo Combo! Get Yo' A** Whooped!!!"

I updated my wii. I got no notifications, and HBC was still there

January 26, 2011, 05:26:49 PM #298 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:51:05 PM by Xeire
haha im scared to go back on 4.3 my wii will brick :srs: cause i wanna use the priiloader for videoplayer at the start of the health  warning

though i have question if you have  homebrew but  some weird things have been happening example: i try to start up homebrew broswer and it gives me and error  

those that mean im semi bricked?

Quote from: The Neverending Twilight on January 03, 2011, 09:19:47 AM
I updated my Wii, sadly, and no longer have Homebrew... but I only updated, because I got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it FORCED me to update, or I wouldn't be able to play it. I didn't realize that the retarded update would REMOVE my Homebrew Channel.

my wii didnt ask for update (its currently 4.1)  I used priiloader to disable the disc-based update requirement (when going online without priiloader blocking online updates, the game may block you from online gaming until you update....)