Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yokai/Oni town !  (Read 9504 times)
SonicUnderground316
Lol Kitten

Afraid my dear? There nothing to be afraid of ...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 25, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »

An original stage idea that i have, it would be nice to have stage that would basicaly be japanese theme one but with yokai in the background. What's a Yokai you may ask? Yokai are monster/demon/ghost from the japanese mythology so yeah it would be cool to have a stage with Yokai interacting in the background such as these:

-Karakasa obake:

-Rokurokubi:

-Kappa:

-Kitsune:

-Chochin Obake:

-Tengu (Hell, the DOA Tengu model could be use):

There plenty more Yokai to choose from but these are some of the most popular. Also many of your favorite games as Yokai in them (or character based on them) so it would not necessary require making all the model from scratch. As for the stage it self i think of something big (i mean huge). It could use part of other japanese theme stage but with a spookier/hellish look. For instance a red sky, darker buildings, rain, japanese tomb stone and maybe blood stain on wall or idon't know. Maybe (if possible) a Kappa model could show is face in front of the camera like in that mario kart circuit stage where Ganondorf fly around and show is ugly face http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5795. It also whould like it to not be just a plain flat stage (like Eldin Bridge). Platforms could be made using trees branches and such. Yeah that would be a cool stage for Halloween Laugh

This idea is inspired by the ghost/Yurei forest from the NES games Kid Niki 2 (as well as japanese mythologie of course) :
    Kid Niki 2 (Short Gameplay) NES 2 of 2 (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
    1:43 to 6:43 anyway you see other yokai as well as the japanese tomb stone in this vid. [/color][/b]

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:55:51 AM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:02:50 AM »

An original stage idea that i have, it would be nice to have stage that would basicaly be like Daigo temple but with yokai in the background. What's a Yokai you may ask? Yokai are  monster/demon/ghost from the japanese mythology so yeah it would be cool to have a stage with Yokai interacting in the background such as these (I guess you could retexturing/vertex existing hack) :

-Karakasa:
    -Rokurokubi on Zelda maybe:
    -Kappa (Not a great pic) on Squirtle maybe :
    -Kitsune (Basicaly a fox woman so i guess you could retexture either "the cat zelda" hack or the "amaterasu Zelda" hack or any other "furry zelda" hack):
    -Chochin Obake:

There plenty more Yokai to choose from but these are the most popular. As for the stage itself, like i said Daigo Temple (or any japanese theme stage, Okami comes to mind) would work but with maybe a little retexturing for a darker/hellish look. For instance a red sky, darker buildings, rain, japanese tomb stone and maybe blood. Maybe (if possible) a Kappa (squirtle) show is face in front of the camera like in that mario kart circuit stage where Ganondorf fly around and show is ugly face http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5795. Yeah that would be a cool stage for Halloween  Laugh

This idea is inspired by the ghost/Yurei forest from the NES games Kid Niki 2:
    Kid Niki 2 NES 2 of 2
    1:43 to 6:43 (yeah ... the guy is not really good) anyway you see other yokai as well as the japanese tomb stone in this vid. [/color][/b]

I'll see what I can slam together

I'm addicted to Brawl.....HELP :\
    -I feel like calling it quits

Im srs here *BANG! BANG!*

P.A.I.N:Mixtape Link (Dat Piff): http://www.datpiff.com/Grey-Poupon-Pain-mixtape.457773.html

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27:49 AM »

I'll see what I can slam together

Man, i didn't expect anyone to give this idea a try since i post this about 2 YEARS ago. I would be REALLY HAPPY if you could do it of course but since i request this, thing change a lot here. For instance i mention vertex hack here but these day model import is more common and work way better than back then (not to mention give better overall result) so it would be preferable imo.

Also, I would like it if it wasn't just a "flat stage" too i think there too much stage that have awesome background elements put are just a "eldin bridge" skin if you will. It can be flat but  relatiely big and with some  platform to climb on (like a three or something) and maybe wall to "wall jump" on as well, you know since i have a village like stage in mind but with a graveyard/abandonned feel to it.

Here a list of japanese creature it list (from wiki) for inspiration too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan

I know that quite an complexe project  but i really hope it will work.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:43:07 AM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »

Man, i didn't expect anyone to give this idea a try since i post this about 2 YEARS ago. I would be REALLY HAPPY if you could do it of course but since i request this, thing change a lot here. For instance i mention vertex hack here but these day model import is more common and work way better than back then (not to mention give better overall result) so it would be preferable imo.

Also, I would like it if it wasn't just a "flat stage" too i think there too much stage that have awesome background elements put are just a "eldin bridge" skin if you will. It can be flat but  relatiely big and with some  platform to climb on (like a three or something) and maybe wall to "wall jump" on as well, you know since i have a village like stage in mind but with a graveyard/abandonned feel to it.

Here a list of japanese creature it list (from wiki) for inspiration too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan

I know that quite an complexe project  but i really hope it will work.

I can relate to how you feel since no one ever helps me, and I don't want to be just like everyone else here so I'm giving it a 'Try'. The monster creatures you mention will only be textures. All the animatiins I'll do. Do you want any specific type of background layout? If so, link a pictyre so I can rip the textures directly from it.

P.A.I.N:Mixtape Link (Dat Piff): http://www.datpiff.com/Grey-Poupon-Pain-mixtape.457773.html

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »

I can relate to how you feel since no one ever helps me, and I don't want to be just like everyone else here so I'm giving it a 'Try'. The monster creatures you mention will only be textures. All the animatiins I'll do. Do you want any specific type of background layout? If so, link a pictyre so I can rip the textures directly from it.

Well, i really appriciate that you at least give it a "try". It suck when you have good ideas  but no one else seems interested in them. Hopefully, if your attempt is like enough by people, maybe someone else could try making one with actual 3D models.

As for the background I don't really have any specific ideas obviously i was thinking of an abandone japanese village in a swamp next to a graveyard or something and Yokai (monster) that interact in the background (cherring fighter, walking around ect) but that about it. I also wanted  some sort of forest (probably similar to the subspace stage), the Daigo's pagoda in the background and a red or any sureal colored sky. I also expect a pretty big stage too.

when it comes too back ground something in this vein would be neat:  

_________________________________________________ ______

P.S: Also there a few other project that i woul like you to see (not necessarily to work on them but at least to show your support):

-Juri han PSA project (I rework on it /make a new thread cause it's kind of out dated):
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43273.0

-Batman (W.I.P):
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51911.msg1071591;topicseen#msg1071591
    I'm looking for idea for this one so feel free to help.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:12:48 PM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »

Well, i really appriciate that you at least give it a "try". It suck when you have good ideas  but no one else seems interested in them. Hopefully, if your attempt is like enough by people, maybe someone else could try making one with actual 3D models.

As for the background I don't really have any specific ideas obviously i was thinking of an abandone japanese village in a swamp next to a graveyard or something and Yokai (monster) that interact in the background (cherring fighter, walking around ect) but that about it. I also wanted  some sort of forest (probably similar to the subspace stage), the Daigo's pagoda in the background and a red or any sureal colored sky. I also expect a pretty big stage too.

when it comes too back ground something in this vein would be neat:  

_________________________________________________ ______

P.S: Also there a few other project that i woul like you to see (not necessarily to work on them but at least to show your support):

-Juri han PSA project (I rework on it /make a new thread cause it's kind of out dated):
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43273.0

-Batman (W.I.P):
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51911.msg1071591;topicseen#msg1071591
    I'm looking for idea for this one so feel free to help.

That's cool. Infact, I was working with another person on something so I have a question (feel fre to say no) would you like to be apart of a team I'm building? I can animate very well
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:52:34 PM by GanonG0d81 » Logged

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:29 PM »

That's cool. Infact, I was working with another person on something so I have a question (feel fre to say no) would you like to be apart of a team I'm building? I can animate very well

I'm honored really i am but i'm not very good at anything hacking related except texture and CSP maybe. Which now days is not as awesome as it was at a certain time. I'm also good at creating movelist i believe (as many told me). So yeah if you need me i'd be glad to be part of your team but i don't know if i'm ready.
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:22:38 PM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 05:58:18 AM »

I'm honored really i am but i'm not very good at anything hacking related except texture and CSP maybe. Which now days is not as awesome as it was at a certain time. I'm also good at creating movelist i believe (as many told me). So yeah if you need me i'd be glad to be part of your team but i don't know if i'm ready.
    Everyone's good at something, and your Ideas are pretty good, so that's pretty much all that matters.

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »

Everyone's good at something, and your Ideas are pretty good, so that's pretty much all that matters.

All right then i guess you could sign me in in that case , do you happen to have a skilled moddler (or model editer) that also know how to rig model properly on your team. That would be really nice (not to mention quite usefull).
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:39:07 PM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »

All right then i guess you could sign me in in that case , do you happen to have a skilled moddler (or model editer) that also know how to rig model properly on your team. That would be really nice (not to mention quite usefull).
    Unfortunately, no. no one will help. However, I do happen to have a step by step rigging guide, but no 3Ds Max so atm, no Sad.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: