Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: (Please read OP first) How much money would you be willing to donate if it virtually eliminated Error 500 messages?
None; I don't have a job/source of income. - 38 (53.5%)
None; I don't mind users leaving kc-mm for another forum. - 12 (16.9%)
None; (other) - 5 (7%)
$1 - $10 (US Dollars) - 7 (9.9%)
$10 - $30 - 4 (5.6%)
$30 - $75 - 0 (0%)
$75 - $150 - 0 (0%)
More than $150 because I'm crazy. - 5 (7%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Error 500 (bandwidth issues), users moving to other forums  (Read 42767 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »

(Yes I know it's a lot of coding but we're running out of options)
    I can assure you that currently we have alot more options that that, and they are much more feasible. Again, coding is the first thing that we lack. So moving to a different platform would be complete suicide.

Our first priority is to try and find an arrangement with Dantarion to upgrade the server. If we can't, we can try and move the whole website "as is" to another server where we'd have to pay.
    What would be lacking would be money for (most likely) both solutions. And fortunately, we have more ways to make money than to make coders.

Majora, I see what your idea is, and I understand your experience. But right now, this is not the easiest solution for us. And for the users.

I'm trying to say that as calmly and non-agressvely as possible. We understood the idea. But we won't consider moving to proboards, splitting the site, etc... or restraining our users to certain sub-boards until we're sure that there aren't more pleasant solutions.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:34:22 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »

Frankly, if you really think that way... yes. If you aren't knowledgeable enough to fix my code, you aren't knowledgeable enough to fix the site and shouldn't harass the people who might be able to.

But, I'm not saying your opinions don't matter... I even said the exact opposite in my post. I just don't want a stupid flame war to start up from people who don't actually know how to fix things...

Oh, no. You've been polite and all that jazz. You're fellow administrators really could really learn a thing or two about politeness. You should teach 'em.

We were just trying to help you guys out. Keep that in mind.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »

I can assure you that currently we have alot more options that that, and they are much more feasible. Again, coding is the first thing that we lack. So moving to a different platform would be complete suicide.

Our first priority is to try and find an arrangement with Dantarion to upgrade the server. If we can't, we can try and move the whole website "as is" to another server where we'd have to pay.
    What would be lacking would be money for (most likely) both solutions. And fortunately, we have more ways to make money than to make coders.

Majora, I see what your idea is, and I understand your experience. But right now, this is not the easiest solution for us. And for the users.

I'm trying to say that as calmly and non-agressvely as possible. We understood the idea. But we won't consider moving to proboards, splitting the site, etc... or restraining our users to certain sub-boards until we're sure that there aren't more pleasant solutions.

Y'know Mia, you're right. However, if there ISN'T the possibility of upgrading our bandwith on a free server, I suggest removing the forum games before it actually costs money to run the site. Make cutbacks so this place can run efficntly as possible while still being free and not needing donations.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »

Y'know Mia, you're right. However, if there ISN'T the possibility of upgrading our bandwith on a free server, I suggest removing the forum games before it actually costs money to run the site. Make cutbacks so this place can run efficntly as possible while still being free and not needing donations.

Almost exactly what I suggested pages ago but it got pushed aside for being "dumb".

Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »

Okay, I've had enough. If you guys can't stand my very presence, and me telling you why we don't think your ideas are good, then I don't even see what I'm doing here.

I've been up al day to discuss with every admin about how to get us out of this mess. I've tried to contact Dantarion by different means, and i've been trying as best as I could to underline the reasons of our decisions, here.
    I've done NOTHING in all my afternoon and evening but trying to take care of that 500 Error crap.

So pardon me if sometimes I'm a little annoyed when you insist that your idea is right and should be absolutely applied. And when I don't think it should. I apologize for being a bit rude at times. But I've been on full-throttle for 10 hours now, worrying about this issue.

Now, as I said, if you can't stand my presence anymore, I'll just take my leave from here and do my admin job without discussing with the users about said job.

PS at Majora: I know. I've been thinking about it all day. I know.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »

I find it quite interesting that this topic has just started...
    Considering the fact that this problem has been going on for a few months now I'd think it would have been addressed earlier.

That being said, the only real reason people are starting to get generally pissed by this error is because other modders have finally taken action and taken their wares else where.

I'm not taking sides in this argument or anything but it is quite logical to get rid of a section that could potentially be ruining the forum experience and you know the main part of a hacking community, The hacks. I dunno bout you guys but I find it very aggravating that every time I try and add some mods to my SD card I lose motivation due to errors...

I'm not really trying to say it's anyone's fault but It may be worth looking into to try and see what happens when temporarily removing a section...
    I also feel you guys should stop arguing and discuss this more like adults, not children. Fighting isn't gunna make the issues go away >.>

Just my 5 cents sorry if I come of as rude at all...
    I'll try thinking of some other potential ideas for you guys to help fix these issues.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »

Okay, I've had enough. If you guys can't stand my very presence, and me telling you why we don't think your ideas are good, then I don't even see what I'm doing here.

I've been up al day to discuss with every admin about how to get us out of this mess. I've tried to contact Dantarion by different means, and i've been trying as best as I could to underline the reasons of our decisions, here.
    I've done NOTHING in all my afternoon and evening but trying to take care of that 500 Error crap.

So pardon me if sometimes I'm a little annoyed when you insist that your idea is right and should be absolutely applied. And when I don't think it should. I apologize for being a bit rude at times. But I've been on full-throttle for 10 hours now, worrying about this issue.

Now, as I said, if you can't stand my presence anymore, I'll just take my leave from here and do my admin job without discussing with the users about said job.

Oh you poor hurt kitten. I don't recall getting a good reason why my idea was bad. It was more of a test run thing, really.

I just think it's funny how everyone's suggestions are just pushed aside. People here have has some reasonable suggestions.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »

Alright, this is annoying, just see what happens when you HIDE the forums games for a bit.

"No evidence this will work", well, there maybe no "real" evidence, but the statistics show quite a bit there...

It couldn't hurt to try it, even mods can hide parts of a forum... I don't see how this would truly hurt anything, just a test. All good testers try everything out once... Just try that for a week, and see if the 500 errors continue, if they do, then okay, open it back up, if it doesn't? Move the family and what not to another board... Nothing major lost.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:48 PM »

Mia, I get that you're trying to fix this, but the "evidence" you put against our suggestions is as nonsensical as you say our idea are.

Let's everyone just calm the [censored] down here. Walk away, go have some dinner or a snack or something, and then come back and reflect.

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: October 14, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »

I'll put my 5 cents in...

About this whole games forum thing...
    I've seen the games section have A LOT of users and guests even before this whole Error 500 issue came up, but it has died down a little bit after but there was still a ton users posting i don't know how all a sudden this happens.

And sitting here fighting IS NOT helping this forum. If everyone would hear others opinions and maybe ask questions maybe we could deal with this Error 500 a lot quicker.

-

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Exactly. Sitting here [censored]ing at each other is not gonna solve [censored]. Honestly, the forums game section should be cut.

inb4theywillpostsomewhereelse.

Actually, no, they won't.

A lot of people who post on that thread, JUST post on that thread. They come here, just to post on that thread/section, whatever.

They have even said it themselves how they could give a flying [censored] about Brawl hacking itself, and they just want to role play, etc. That's fine, but if it's gonna be a [censored]ing issue to where one can't browse the damn forum AND Brawlvault, then I think that's a problem.

It's just stupid to me how when regular users try to find solutions, some Administrators/Moderators reply with demeaning [censored]. You think that's gonna help?

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »

And it's stupid to me how when admins reply with a meaningful reply on why it wouldn't help (number of queries performed) it's ignored and instead the staff (Miacis especially) is bashed.

I've made a change as suggested by Miacis; things are running a bit smoother right now. No?

If not, give us time; we are still awaiting on Dantarion and... at worst will place an ad somewhere on brawlvault.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »

I'm sure the person/people who "bashed" him, had a reason to as they felt bashed as well. I'm not gonna get into it, or read every damn post. It's too much honestly.

Just saying, there isn't need to be fighting and drama in every thread. There can't be a damn discussion, I swear.

Anyway, I say those who are really bothered and annoy, can go to LST or somewhere else for the mean time.

Also, if Guests are the cause of this, why not make this boards completely invisible to those, therefore, they won't always be lurking.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »

Also, if Guests are the cause of this, why not make this boards completely invisible to those, therefore, they won't always be lurking.
    We've already restricted their access to only the very minimum of boards. Only the basic hacking sub-boards and News (for the Rules), so that they at least know what the forum is about, before registering. Smiley

Access to BV for Guests has been removed as well. (Not sure if I've mentionned it earlier.)
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:42:21 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: October 14, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »

Honestly, your words matter little to me after trying to pull off that fake "bandwitch" card on us together with dRage.

It's also sad when you see people registering with the sole purpose of jumping on the Gaming Boards.

Concerning your idea of "They'll just start posting elsewhere and keep the bandwitch the same"... COME ON! Most family members have 300-600 posts, that shows how interested they are in Brawl Hacking, with that said, I highly doubt they'd be joining the Hacking Community if the Games Section is gone.

So to sum it up....   Role players, keep on keeping on!

Brawl hackers? go somewhere else =|

makes sense.
    I'll go with this.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:51:59 PM by Albafika » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: