Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: Erase the Noise - Neku Sakuraba, version 1!  (Read 91240 times)
Chimiu
Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2009, 06:53:23 AM »

Oi! Long-time-no-see!

I've been having slight internet issues (and still am) so I haven't be able to come around much.

Seems things are moving along, over a rocky path, but moving none-the-less. If you need anymore input on anything, I should be around a lot more now. (Given: My internet doesn't decide to call a strike on me again. @~@)

Sajiao Omelette
Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: December 21, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »

Pics are up on the OP (FINALLY)!

Should I get rid of the zair, or should I keep it?

hawtie
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: December 22, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »

This sir,

is probably the best special effects PSA out there.

I have a two questions:
    Is the down + tilt unlimited? or does it end after 2 seconds?

And, when is this damned psa ready for download? It looks amazing.

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

If you're lucky you'll die without pain

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: December 22, 2009, 10:11:50 PM »

This is...incredibly awesome. I see you spent some good time on the OP (yay I'm on there)
    I know you said you're done with the aerials, and I know they must have been an incredible pain to finish, but I have a few suggestions for those. Looking at the damage and descriptions, it seems to me like the aerials are pretty weak. So, individually, here are some possible changes you could make:

Nair seems kinda useless, because of it needs recharge, and it's really weak in damage/knockback. Perhaps you could up the hitlag on this to something really high, or cause it to send opponents at an odd angle so to confuse them. Or, you could make it so that it ends really quickly so that it makes an excellent combo starter/follower. 3% seems really low.

Fair's good, but maybe you want to make it a good 5-5, 6-6, or maybe 5-7. 3-6 is also kinda low.

Bair should be 10-12% for such an awesome looking shield breaking move.

Uair should do some damage, or blow opponents diagonally to mess up characters with high recoveries.

Dair also seems kinda weak. Maybe 12-15% would be cool for a spiking dair. You might want to make it stronger because there's no bounce on hit.

And if you don't want to tweak anymore with aerials, I think Neku's Side and Up B should do a bit more damage.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:12:48 PM by xmanfit0 » Logged

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: December 23, 2009, 09:21:29 AM »

The down tilt lasts forever (or however long you want it to last), but can't travel forever. It only travels about half of FD. Should I change that?

I'm not quite done yet, sorry.

I'm definitely happy to tweak whatever it is you like.

However, the people over at SmashBoards said that he may be overpowered as he is, because he doesn't have a useless move and stuff like that.

Should I get rid of the recharging stuff of nair, then?

I like the diagonal idea. Maybe I could have it do a bit of damage if you are touching the base of the twister...

Looking at other people's moves, I think I will raise the damage of many moves, like fair or dair, or bair. (Actually probably all the aerials.)

What do you think about zair? I took it off the OP so maybe you could discuss what a zair could be from scratch.

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: December 23, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »

This is...incredibly awesome. I see you spent some good time on the OP (yay I'm on there)
    I know you said you're done with the aerials, and I know they must have been an incredible pain to finish, but I have a few suggestions for those. Looking at the damage and descriptions, it seems to me like the aerials are pretty weak. So, individually, here are some possible changes you could make:

Nair seems kinda useless, because of it needs recharge, and it's really weak in damage/knockback. Perhaps you could up the hitlag on this to something really high, or cause it to send opponents at an odd angle so to confuse them. Or, you could make it so that it ends really quickly so that it makes an excellent combo starter/follower. 3% seems really low.

Fair's good, but maybe you want to make it a good 5-5, 6-6, or maybe 5-7. 3-6 is also kinda low.

Bair should be 10-12% for such an awesome looking shield breaking move.

Uair should do some damage, or blow opponents diagonally to mess up characters with high recoveries.

Dair also seems kinda weak. Maybe 12-15% would be cool for a spiking dair. You might want to make it stronger because there's no bounce on hit.

And if you don't want to tweak anymore with aerials, I think Neku's Side and Up B should do a bit more damage.

I agree with these ideas. My personal input:

Nair: Should have either some pretty low end-lag, or send the opponent in the said awkward angle, but should be able to be chained into by another move. That makes use of its Reboot and its low damage. Basicly Only useful as a combo/chain starter.

Fair: Perfect. The damage alterations seem like  good idea though. I think something like 4%~6%/4%~7% would work pretty well. Seems like it'd be a nice move to chain after Nair.

Bair: Once again, just damage alts seem needed. I'm thinking the 11~12% works well.  The gfx are beautiful btw.

Uair: The angled push works perfectly. And the vortex of the twister should deal some slight damage and make it easier to push the opponent outward. Maybe that should be the point the player aims to hit with?

Dair: 12% works fine. Since you are slamming straight down (and moves like that are pretty risky to try to cancel out of) a slight damage increase would be nice, along w/ the fact you can't pogo with it.

Up-B: The damage seems fine by me, but if the last hit propels the enemy away (I think it should) it should hurtt a bit moar. Going by the damage scale you have set up, possibly like 4~5% on the final blow. Kinda like a rising GTFO move.

Zair was "Love Me Tether" wasn't it? Is it still not treating you with respect? If you have any moar ideas, Im here to help! Cheesy

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: December 23, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »

Instead of using an article for zair, perhaps you could string some gfx together and make some kind of single hit piercing blast like some of the Natural Puppy Pins. Or, if you think Neku has too many projectiles, you could make neku's zair a very long ranged but weak slash type move.

And now that PW has discovered an event that can add or subtract percent damage from characters, maybe Splish Splash Barrier could heal like in TWEWY. (but reaaaally slowly, I guess)

And hope you get your internet working again at full steam, Chimiu

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Pegs001
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: December 23, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »

Is this released yet?
    It looks finished but I couldn't find a dl link.

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: December 24, 2009, 08:14:17 AM »

Sadly, no Neku's pure awsumness has not been released to the public yet, but Ham has been working their brain to nothing trying to get everything just right. When Phonez is released, he'll be damn-straight epic.

On Topic:
    I'm liking that extremely slow healing Splash Barrier idea, sorta. But I'm still not all-too sure about healing being mainstream in Brawl.

hawtie
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: December 24, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »

technically,

you can pass off the healing as luca's psi magnet Cheesy

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: December 24, 2009, 11:19:24 AM »

Unfortunately, I might have to scrap some of the more innovative ideas, like the dash or the zair, because the dash always looks weird no matter what I do and the zair is a really long spider-web-like thread from Lucas' hand to the middle of the stage.

While the ice looks good in the picture, I think it suffers from the same problems that those who are working on fully new characters are suffering from: the texture thing. Different stages and different opponents make the ice look different. On Battlefield, it actually looks like the ice is like glass or something and looks cool, but on other places, the ice is hot pink and doesn't really make sense. I have no idea how to fix this, because the ice has no Env texture. If anyone could help me with this, please do.

Should I keep Mr. Mew as the ftilt or should I change it to Apport?

They would both serve the same purpose; that is, hitting people a distance away but not close up.

However, Apport is a pin, staying true to the rest of the attacks. Also, it would be a lot easier to make and wouldn't be too much of a .

However, Mr. Mew is... Mr. Mew.

I've been thinking about this damage stuff. and maybe he could be a bit weak (the damage will still go up from what it is now), and during SOS, he'll be above average. Maybe from fair doing 4%, 6% to 5%, 7% or something.
    « Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:21:22 AM by greeneggsandham » Logged

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #116 on: December 24, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »

I can't wait for this he looks epic Awesome Face

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Chimiu
    Advanced Kitten

Ponies. That is all.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: December 24, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »

Do you have any new ideas for Zair or a replacement for Pierce? If not, I'll grab TWEWY and start messing around with pins to find something useful if you like. (Actually took the time to get most of his data back.)

I'm thinking Apport should be Ftilt. The Intro shows it as such, and from what you say, it shouldn't be to hard to work on, eh? It also sticks to the Psych-Pin style your going with.
    Even though I love cats more than anything (Or in Neku's mind he's a pig.) Mr. Mew wouldn't exactly fit w/ that style ya'know?

The damage idea works. The damage increases were just suggestions. I forgot all about the Planetary-SOS ability you were planning. @~@

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: December 24, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »

Go ahead and scrap the dash, zair, and Mr.Mew. (though you have to tell me how you made the zair look like spider thread, cus that could be really cool for a spiderman PSA :3)
    Damage is yours to tweak freely, but consider the healing idea.

Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #119 on: December 24, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »

Oi! Long-time-no-see!

oi? voce fala portuges?

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17
    Print