Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 ... 789
Author Topic: DSX8 stuff! Smash2 beat me to Poke Floats - 05/03/2020  (Read 2369499 times)
Afterthought
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10575 on: March 24, 2015, 09:42:27 PM »

I decided to test out some of the stages you've made thus far, to see if they're laggy. I tried out Windy Hill, Kalos League and Coliseum with four Ice Climbers in Project M 3.5, and for the most part the game does lag, but the lag isn't intense.

Really good work on the stages, I am eager to see what else you come up with.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10576 on: March 24, 2015, 10:22:41 PM »

thanks, but most of my stages arnt really made to be used with P:M.. but at least they work. how bad was the lag exactly? like a 5fps drop imma guess?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10577 on: March 24, 2015, 10:33:50 PM »

To be honest, I really cannot tell exactly how many frames by eye. It could be 5, maybe a bit more. Considering the chances of four people playing as Ice Climbers at the same time on your stages are incredibly slim, I don't think it's too big an issue (unless you are dead-set in eliminating all lag).

Also, almost any stage made for vBrawl will work in P:M. Yours are no exception. And they fit very well in P:M if I do say so myself.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10578 on: March 24, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »

For the rendering thing, what if you just set them up ingame, screenshotted them, then used that? You don't need to be able to render, and it's how they'd look ingame.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10579 on: March 24, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »

For the rendering thing, what if you just set them up ingame, screenshotted them, then used that? You don't need to be able to render, and it's how they'd look ingame.

This is a good idea too actually, to expand on it:

-Make the stage with the models you DON'T plan on using in the final stage
    -Put the stage in-game, and take a screenshot
    -Use that as a backdrop for the final stage, behind the models you DO plan on using

A bit time consuming, but worth it if you want some faithfulness to the stages.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10580 on: March 24, 2015, 11:32:52 PM »

Okay, don't pay any mind to what I said. It wasn't something to think about whatsoever, nor was it helpful advice. God forbid advice is given to people.
    Oh no, not just the rendering bit, just taking advice in general. It's not hard to do.

If you want the stages to be lag-free and glitch-free, don't be afraid to reach out because some scrub released one stage of yours. That's what I was talking about if you even read my post, not just about rendering. Just saying.

Passive aggressive much? I really don't think that [censored] was needed just because he didn't address your post. Stop being so attention grabby.

Also... about this rendering thing. He doesn't do it because he doesn't know how and doesn't have the time to teach himself or learn it. He's said this twice. If you want the renders for the stage. Just do it yourself since you say it's so easy, and get off his back about it. There's a simple enough solution to get what you want right there.

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10581 on: March 25, 2015, 05:03:12 AM »

Passive aggressive much? I really don't think that [censored] was needed just because he didn't address your post. Stop being so attention grabby.

Also... about this rendering thing. He doesn't do it because he doesn't know how and doesn't have the time to teach himself or learn it. He's said this twice. If you want the renders for the stage. Just do it yourself since you say it's so easy, and get off his back about it. There's a simple enough solution to get what you want right there.

Whoa, that mood swing. I figured everything was okay between us in Kitsu's thread considering we never interacted before but I suppose not.

This isn't for attention whatsoever, I could care less about this forum really, but I did come off as really [censored]ish and I do apologize to DSX8 for being a nuisance.
    As I did mention, I was giving suggestions about taking suggestions in general, and I am rather insistent on the rendering process considering it's the most logical thing to do, it seems, on stages like this. If he chooses not to do it, then more power to him. After all, they are DSX8's stages and not mine. I myself cannot do them considering I have other things to do with my life, I'm not as involved as most modders are with this stuff.

I could go on but I refuse to fill the thread with junk, so if you have a real issue with me about this, you can PM me, Nao-chan

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10582 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:22 AM »

No issue. Just trying to stop the pestering since he already said he wasn't going to do it in the first place. It was almost getting to the point where I was getting fed up with it. If someone wants to make the renders then fine, but he's not looking to. That's why I spoke up. Nothing more needs to be said.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:19:23 AM by Nao-chan » Logged

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10583 on: March 25, 2015, 05:18:09 AM »

Just don't get it twisted then, I don't care at all for attention here. That's a bad assumption to make about me. I did come off as being pretty annoying, and I do regret that. I again apologize to DSX8 for being so insistent.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10584 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:42 AM »

Whatever... Your point was made. That's that.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10585 on: March 25, 2015, 05:23:30 AM »

now now... calm down u guys ._.

enough derailing the topic... or my thread overdrive.. "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."

new pic of updated boxing ring

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:33:09 AM by DSX8 » Logged

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10586 on: March 25, 2015, 05:46:39 AM »

This stage is looking really good. A shame it's impossible to duplicate the way the screen actually works in Smash 4, with the fancy versus screen and stuff. Everything else is spot-on so far though!

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10587 on: March 25, 2015, 06:20:12 AM »

thanks. gonna record a vid of it now, but ya, wish i could do the same thing with the screen like in SmashU Sad

enjoy these newer pics!

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10588 on: March 25, 2015, 06:36:32 AM »

The lasers are looking incredible too. It's amazing how quickly you work on these.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:48:36 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10589 on: March 25, 2015, 06:46:25 AM »

cause they be getting my magical touch~

anyways... im off to bed... enjoy the long... awaited... WAIT! (i hate my net connection.. slow upload speeds -.- ).. also gotta get it tested via wii with Nao's help.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:49:35 AM by DSX8 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 ... 789
    Print
    Jump to: