My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


January 04, 2012, 03:12:01 AM #241 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:14:49 AM by Redpwnage795
Wierd... Not on my Computer. that's odd. Try saving the image(s) or refreshing the page. Try testing them out on brawl or CSS organizer and send me a pic
I'm back after a long while.

January 04, 2012, 10:14:32 AM #242 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:15:27 AM by TommoPuppy
Or maybe you just aren't trying hard enough. They're all really sloppy. You haven't cropped out the background correctly on any of them so they all have random white spots and colours surrounding them. The worst ones are Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who have white spots in random places and a strange border around them. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity haven't been cropped out thoroughly either and there are still white marks in various places. All of them are missing a significant portion of the outlines that the original art had, too, and the edges are just really messy and inconsistent.

Having some decent experience in Photoshop, I know exactly what you did wrong and how to fix it. I'm not sure you do, or will understand if I try and explain.

Also, the official portraits are really bad anyway. I'd use some fan-made vectors

Small details like these things are key, and they're the learning steps to becoming better as well. RedPwnage, let me suggest a task for you: Try replacing some of the game fonts with the My Little Pony font, Generation 2 font, and seeing the results of your work in-game.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 05, 2012, 01:16:10 AM #244 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:51:39 AM by Redpwnage795
Quote from: TommoPuppy on January 04, 2012, 10:14:32 AM
Or maybe you just aren't trying hard enough. They're all really sloppy. You haven't cropped out the background correctly on any of them so they all have random white spots and colours surrounding them. The worst ones are Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who have white spots in random places and a strange border around them. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity haven't been cropped out thoroughly either and there are still white marks in various places. All of them are missing a significant portion of the outlines that the original art had, too, and the edges are just really messy and inconsistent.

Having some decent experience in Photoshop, I know exactly what you did wrong and how to fix it. I'm not sure you do, or will understand if I try and explain.

Also, the official portraits are really bad anyway. I'd use some fan-made vectors
Well, i actually took a look again and noticed where i went wrong on applejack and Rainbow Dash. that for some reason,  they had strange color outlines and white spots. Besides, i don't know how to crop. I would like to know how to fix them. But do ANY of the CSS icons i made look good or something?
Quote from: Xiggah on January 04, 2012, 07:42:11 PM
Small details like these things are key, and they're the learning steps to becoming better as well. RedPwnage, let me suggest a task for you: Try replacing some of the game fonts with the My Little Pony font, Generation 2 font, and seeing the results of your work in-game.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, i'm mixing up letters in the Brawl Font to pull off in-game names and such and such. But where can i get the font?  :srs: do i need to use the font for your pre-hacked brawl? I'd help on getting the font done. Oh, but i don't have a capture card. so expect my best tries at pointing my camera at the screen. *facepalm*

EDIT: BIG DISCOVERY! I remembered that some announcer hacks were ripped from Futuremal's Brawl Anouncer Segment. So i remembered that one day long before this project was announced, i requested Futuremal to make him say the names of the mane 6 as if they were playable in brawl. (That's what it mainly is for. also saying random phrases)and then i remembered "I just remembered that request! i'll see if it's up." and boy, yes it was! so here is the vid containing it. 0:49 of the vid. Let's thank Futuremal. (and mainly me for doing the actual request)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I really hope someone goes forth and somehow divides the audio into single announcer calls by first converting it to an audio file, and then editing it somehow. and just a quick question: Can audacity do audio trimming?
I'm back after a long while.

January 05, 2012, 03:04:42 AM #245 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:09:59 AM by TommoPuppy
Quote from: Redpwnage795 on January 05, 2012, 01:16:10 AM
Well, i actually took a look again and noticed where i went wrong on applejack and Rainbow Dash. that for some reason,  they had strange color outlines and white spots. Besides, i don't know how to crop. I would like to know how to fix them. But do ANY of the CSS icons i made look good or something?
The Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy ones are passable at best. If want, you hand me all the source material you used in a zip/rar/7z file and I can see what I can whip up.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on January 05, 2012, 01:16:10 AM
Can audacity do audio trimming?
Yes. It'd be a pretty [censored]ty sound editor if it couldn't do the most basic of functions. Have you been using Microsoft software for too long? ;)

Dunno. and i'll gather all i remember. I forgot the source of the Twilight Sparkle one though. I'll go get my source images and send them whenever possible.
I'm back after a long while.

It's easy enough to remove the background music. He did a really decent job, but more than 6 voice clips will be required: It goes without saying that we will need a dedicated announcer, to have all of the voice clips needed.

Red: Don't worry if you're missing some stuff. It's mainly the background I want.

Xiggah: That announcer is crummy anyway. He even stutters in some of the things he says.

So hey there's this lady named Meredith Sims involved in some fan stuff doing some Twi impressions. http://www.youtube.com/user/Emichwan88 so much pink

Might be able to request for however few voice clips are needed for an announcer. Something pony-related for an announcer totally fits better than a Brawl-themed announcer anyway.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Another thing to add to the list of "looking for" of 3D modeling, musicians, and announcer. By the way, I could use your guys' help with the model shading. I'm looking to get the cell-shaded effect of the Wind Waker trophies onto the pony models for a start, and if any of you could help that would be great!

I wonder how long I'll go before finally caving in to asking for voice actors as well: the initial thought of using voice actors is scary, but it sure beats using only standard voice rips from the show.

And on a very unrelated note, I'm experimenting with risky planned sleep schedules to achieve only 4 hours of the necessary sleep. More time is exactly what I need :D

Thankfully in the case of Brawl VAs there isn't a whole lot of work to be done per-person if they're doing just one or two characters. 25~30 generic grunts with some spoken lines in between isn't too bad for requests methinks.

also four hours of sleep is bad don't be dying for ponies
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on January 05, 2012, 09:07:21 PM
Thankfully in the case of Brawl VAs there isn't a whole lot of work to be done per-person if they're doing just one or two characters. 25~30 generic grunts with some spoken lines in between isn't too bad for requests methinks.

also four hours of sleep is bad don't be dying for ponies

The health benefits are great, luckily, no setbacks required. And in even better news, I found another modeller working on pony animation. No guarantees about help though.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 06:04:31 AM
It's easy enough to remove the background music. He did a really decent job, but more than 6 voice clips will be required: It goes without saying that we will need a dedicated announcer, to have all of the voice clips needed.
I mean announcer calls. But wait, what background music? could you be more clear? are you talking about MLP? but seriously. That's all the announcer stuff for the mane 6 we need, right?
Quote from: TommoPuppy on January 05, 2012, 10:22:33 AM
Red: Don't worry if you're missing some stuff. It's mainly the background I want.

Xiggah: That announcer is crummy anyway. He even stutters in some of the things he says.
Well some of them are at least good. that's where they got the shadow announcer call from. in case you didn't know. Ah well, i'll use audacity to divide all the parts into seperate announcer calls, and test them out by inserting them on a different BRSAR. I'll send you guys footage. BTW, do you guys have Youtube accounts so i can make these private and only make those working on/contributing/helping the team? or i can just upload it to mediafire and have it password enabled. which should i do?
I'm back after a long while.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on January 05, 2012, 11:07:00 PM
I mean announcer calls. But wait, what background music? could you be more clear? are you talking about MLP? but seriously. That's all the announcer stuff for the mane 6 we need, right? Well some of them are at least good. that's where they got the shadow announcer call from. in case you didn't know. Ah well, i'll use audacity to divide all the parts into seperate announcer calls, and test them out by inserting them on a different BRSAR. I'll send you guys footage. BTW, do you guys have Youtube accounts so i can make these private and only make those working on/contributing/helping the team? or i can just upload it to mediafire and have it password enabled. which should i do?

As far as the video rips go, you could go about posting the links in a post or send the links in PMf if posts are too public. There isn't really a team per-say as much as an open invite for all who take an interest.