Spex130's Roadside Model Shack: Wii Fit Trainer Preview

Started by Spex130, November 03, 2011, 05:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oh man. I've been gone all day. THAT. LOOKS. AWESOME. :happy:!

Yeah, the Spaax model uses clouds that are flat. I guess I could've found a Buneary, but man, I didn't think about it.....


So, hey everyone, good news and bad news.

Good news:

Weapons are complete, rig is complete.


Bad News:

Something is seriously wrong with the import.

1: The only Visibilty bone command it will accept is the EyeYellow. All of the weapon visibility bones for the weapons and shield don't work, so they all show at the same time.

2: Most of the graphics (Such as the bladeglows) are rotated 90 degrees. How this happened, I don't know. Probably something to do with the bones.

3: It spontaneously freezes ingame.

All in all, I'm going to have to start over with completely new bones. Hopefully that will fix everything.

All I can give ya'll right now is a preview with everything on it besides the shield.



Good thing I've already rigged the thing 5 times over. It won't take too long.  ;)


That looks pretty damn amazing man, I'm definitely getting it.

(´◉◞౪◟◉) Love the weapons. It looks great.
Shame about the spontaneous freeze, though.
Hopefully all goes well when you start over with new bones.
Good luck (^ε^)
^3^

Hoo. Still working on this Amalgam thing. It's still messed up, but not as bad.

In actuality, though, I'm here to show you guys what I've been doing on the days that I can't test on my Wii.

1: Bean the Dynamite.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



2: Mighty Talon Veemon (Digimon World 4)
[spoiler]


So, I've gone through a lot of trouble to get this model. Minus the extra parts from Fox, it's the actual Veemon I use from DW4 (Bizur-La) with my most current weapon as well (The Mighty Talon). I actually got the memory off my Gamecube memory card so I could use it in Dolphin a while back, so I took the opportunity to rip the model and T-Pose it myself. I'm thinking of PSA'ing it.

Pretty sweet, huh?







Bean looks awesome  ;D

Ooh, the mighty Talons from Digimon world 4!? I loved that weapon, but my favorite weapon will always be Drill Bunker    :P ... wait... Veemon has little shoes  :o
^3^

Yeah, he has a jacket too. The model was looking REALLY weird when it was edited to fit the model, so instead of giving him some crazy messed up upper body I just replaced it with a jacket and gave him shoes.


Okay, so here comes another thing I never told you guys about out of left field, but I had a good reason this time.

...It's my secret tournament project. The one for the Kingdom Hearts Style Tourney by StarWaffle.

And now that I'm done, and it's out, I can tell you about it. See? It's a good reason.

Snow White: Kingdom Hearts Style

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24574&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Pictures:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




So, there's a lot that went into this one.


  • She has expressions. Blinking, talking, hurtfaces, all of that stuff.
  • She has a reflective Env texture on all the metal parts.
    • She has an EyeYellow for Smash Balls and such.
    • She has Metal support as well.
      • That Keyblade she has doesn't replace her gun. Instead, what I did was import the gun's bones only, and then rig the Keyblade directly to her. Makes custom animation easier. (You never know. Just sayin'.)


I like the Snow white model you made.

Though, I'm not to crazy about the texture. Or those shorts that she's wearing.

Despite that, I really think you did a great job with it and I wish you luck in Star's contest  ;)
^3^

Quote from: Christian_CAO on January 06, 2012, 10:34:55 PM
I like the Snow white model you made.

Though, I'm not to crazy about the texture. Or those shorts that she's wearing.

Despite that, I really think you did a great job with it and I wish you luck in Star's contest  ;)

Yeah, thanks!

What do you think could be done to make it better, though?


You're welcome  :)

My thoughts on how it could be better?

Well, I like that you gave her a tomboyish look to sort of emulate a main protagonist Sora feel,
but the shorts don't really fit Snow whites' personality.

Even though, many of the kingdom hearts characters designs have an adventurous design aspect,
remember that Snow White is a princess.

I like the idea of short clothing on her for battle, but the shorts take away from her appeal.

Maybe, while still keeping the short apparel, you could give her stylized bloomers with
a cut off skirt draped only on one side of her waist while allowing a more plain lace skirt
underneath, slightly covering the top of the bloomers.

The Bandanna is nice but it is a bit plain. Maybe you could work on adding
some more subtle detail to that area.

The poison apple Keyblade is a fantastic idea, though if you could make it seem
a bit more elegant by adding little flourishes here and there, similarly to the oathkeeper keyblade,
then that would look even better.

... This is getting difficult to explain so I will make a picture of what I mean.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is just an example and is just a rough. It is a little over the top and kind of
shies away from the original concept but this is kind of, what I had in mind as far as changes.

If you were to create it... you would probably have to make her over peach instead due to
way to much detail and certain parts of her needing flowing material XD

Anyway, even if this was somewhat hard to follow, I think all your model really needs
is a nice texture and subtle elegant detail and not a full blown custom model over peach XD

As I said before, best wishes in that contest( ^ヮ゜)


^3^

Yup. I know exactly what you mean. This outfit doesn't fit Snow White in the least. Heck, Snow White wouldn't be able to handle a stick, much less a Keyblade. In fact, she probably couldn't pick up the stick altogether. (I mean seriously? Giving each Dwarf a kiss before they go to work? This one needs to let Prince Charming go off to war....)

Most of the time if you thought Keyblade Princess you'd probably think something elegant, right? I see where you're coming from. When I think Kingdom Hearts and elegant, I think something kind of like Aqua (Though Snow White would need much more flourish). I also understand about the Bandana being plain. All the angles I took in the pics fail to show the Zipper and Snowlake she has on top of it.

I can really see that what I did here was "Snow White as Sora." It certainly could have been done better.

I'll certainly keep in mind the character's original personality next time around. I kinda wish I had showed this while it was in production rather than at the end, but oh well....

I'll see if I can put in some of your ideas before the end of the contest. Thanks for the input!

Oh. And that's a really nice picture. Did you draw that?


Yeah, I drew it. I haven't drawn in a while due to work getting in the way, so it felt really good
to do something like that again. Thank you very much, by the way ;)

Also, I'm glad that you understood what I was talking about before, since I'm usually terrible at explaining myself  :P
^3^

Okay! Updates!

1: While reseaching some stuff for Xiggah, I found out how to add Wind Waker Cellshading.



2: I used that Cellshading technique to revamp my old Amy Rose hack. There's a tutorial in the Model Tutorials Section!




http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24629

3: I think I figured out why Amalgam 2 was freaking out!  I looked at one of the polygons I was using, and it had over 4500 vertices.


4: I'm going to be redesigning Kingdom Hearts Snow White using more of Christian_CAO's design! It'll be epic! Thanks, Christian!


Well, I suppose I don't really need to hide my tourney project if everyone else isn't.  :af:




Feedback? Ideas?