GBC and Dot's Derp: Arena Ferox

Started by GBC, November 03, 2011, 08:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: mnsg on July 31, 2012, 01:54:20 AM
Although you did work hard on K. Rool, don't you think his legs look a little too long?

:srs: thats how long his legs are suppose to be...and i had to make them fit warios bones

Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 31, 2012, 03:31:12 AM
I really wish you would have done this over King Dedede.

Wario has been replaced by Mewtwo! =c

lacks legs
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

GBC I must say I love the HD King Karule texture. Did you use Photoshop to texture it?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Ultimate Ricki Lee on July 31, 2012, 04:56:08 AM
GBC I must say I love the HD King Karule texture. Did you use Photoshop to texture it?

nope gimp lol
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

i have a question before giving the actual feedback on this marvelous thing.

is it 100% custom model, or a T-posed model with custom touches?

ok, the first thing i noticed is the belly, it's not symetric, this could be because of being a pre-posed model, in which case it would be understandable, but yet fixable with some UV tweeks or even model tweeks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


another thing, and this is a pure model issue, is that the mouth isnt one piece, and that's not the problem, the problem is that it's noticeable, check this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


on the texture side, there is some stretching at the arm that could be or probably should be fixed:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


another texture issue would be the dismatch at the belly's bottom with the leg area, and some stretching between the legs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


now on a more opinion like area, i believe the tongue is a bit too detailed, but as i said, that's just an opinion.

conclusion:
i believe this model is a T-posed trophy model, not sure though, if so, it would explain some of the issues noted above, and recounting, ive only found 2 model issues all around, and 2 texture/UV issues.
finding only 4 problems in a "custom" or "fixed" model is very nice, haven't looked at the rig yet, and i dont think i'll try to give feedback on that, i hope this helps both you and dot improve your future hacks, you're both genius and im totally LOVING the texture work


K. Rool is pretty sexy for an overweight crocodile....

Hopefully he get's in smash bros 4 :srs:

jokekid, IIRC, GBC said that he was using the trophy model for K. Rool.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Yeah it's the trophy model. GBC did a [censored]ing fantastic job on the t-pose for a trophy model.

Quote from: Segtendo on July 31, 2012, 04:29:35 PM
jokekid, IIRC, GBC said that he was using the trophy model for K. Rool.
is IIRC if i remember correct? xD

and yeah i noticed it, but some stuff could've been fixed using vertex welding and UV editting

Yeah, it is a trophy model, otherwise I woulda been like whoa what a nice custom model that is!

Also, Jokekid is right in a way. Those issues could be fixed through vertexing and UV editing.

K Rool is great. ignore the small issues for now and bring on Layton!
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


August 01, 2012, 02:52:55 AM #2800 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:02:59 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Hmm, for the HD version, the tongue texture is SMG Bowser's tounge texture (or really any standard Bowser's texture), those braclets that he wears is an edited Bowser braclet texture, the eye iris is originally from one of teh Kongs correct? Also the finger nail on K Rools left index finger has some rigging errors, part of it moves when moving the L1stNb, L2ndNb, or LThumbNb bones. Other than those things, and the errors that JokeKid mentioned, I don't see that much wrong with him.

EDIT: Forget abou what Ithought about the edited textures, now that I've looked at the original, I see that there isn't really a difference between the tounge and eye textures.

Who's up for a custom PSA for K Rool? xP K Rool doesn't really fit Wario's attack at all. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 01, 2012, 02:52:55 AM
Hmm, for the HD version, the tongue texture is SMG Bowser's tounge texture (or really any standard Bowser's texture), those braclets that he wears is an edited Bowser braclet texture, the eye iris is originally from one of teh Kongs correct? Also the finger nail on K Rools left index finger has some rigging errors, part of it moves when moving the L1stNb, L2ndNb, or LThumbNb bones. Other than those things, and the errors that JokeKid mentioned, I don't see that much wrong with him.

EDIT: Forget abou what Ithought about the edited textures, now that I've looked at the original, I see that there isn't really a difference between the tounge and eye textures.

Who's up for a custom PSA for K Rool? xP K Rool doesn't really fit Wario's attack at all. xD

That's why he should have been on King DedeFat. =x

Bitting is no excuse, sir.

*still waits for his lead pipe battle* :>.>:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 01, 2012, 02:52:55 AM
Hmm, for the HD version, the tongue texture is SMG Bowser's tounge texture (or really any standard Bowser's texture), those braclets that he wears is an edited Bowser braclet texture, the eye iris is originally from one of teh Kongs correct? Also the finger nail on K Rools left index finger has some rigging errors, part of it moves when moving the L1stNb, L2ndNb, or LThumbNb bones. Other than those things, and the errors that JokeKid mentioned, I don't see that much wrong with him.

EDIT: Forget abou what Ithought about the edited textures, now that I've looked at the original, I see that there isn't really a difference between the tounge and eye textures.

Who's up for a custom PSA for K Rool? xP K Rool doesn't really fit Wario's attack at all. xD

Lol nah those are just edited textures..they arent taken from anyone

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 01, 2012, 06:49:26 AM
That's why he should have been on King DedeFat. =x

Bitting is no excuse, sir.

No legs, and i dont even think dedede has finger bones except for the thumb..plus on top of that...no legs

Besides IS...smithy

Quote from: jokekid on July 31, 2012, 06:20:00 PM
is IIRC if i remember correct? xD

and yeah i noticed it, but some stuff could've been fixed using vertex welding and UV editting


Eh not the vertex weld tool since that would fuse the polygons to use one texture when kkr used quite alot so the mapping would be messed up..as far as uv fixing..im not that good at uving really so its best ive not messed with it

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 01, 2012, 06:52:55 AM
*still waits for his lead pipe battle* :>.>:

Be patient lol the rig is almost done all i gotta do is rig the feet...and make the slot machine gun
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: GBC on August 01, 2012, 08:39:07 AM
No legs, and i dont even think dedede has finger bones except for the thumb..plus on top of that...no legs

Besides IS...smithy

Love you!