Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?
Black Rock Shooter - 2 (3.7%)
Swag/Tracksuit Konata - 1 (1.9%)
Ikaros (custom model) - 7 (13%)
Appearance Miku - 3 (5.6%)
Mizore Shirayuki (custom model) - 2 (3.7%)
Hitomi, DOA4 - 5 (9.3%)
Master Cheif, Halo 3 - 5 (9.3%)
IA, Vocaloid 3 - 3 (5.6%)
Haruhi Suzumiya (custom model) - 6 (11.1%)
Kurumi, Date A Live (custom model) - 2 (3.7%)
Super Sonico - 16 (29.6%)
Flandre - 2 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages:  1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98
Author Topic: BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports  (Read 478860 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God
Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1395 on: July 13, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »

Alright, the download has been updated with a pm version along with the vbrawl version.

The triforce of well endowed Brawl girls is complete!

EDIT: Is the optional common_en.pac mandatory or something? She's got no eyes and funny stuff goes on when she shields.

It's not mandatory. What are you playing on, Dolphin or Wii? Gecko or Riivo? Vanilla Brawl or P:M? Other mods or no other mods?

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1396 on: July 13, 2015, 08:01:03 PM »

Wii, Gecko, Vanilla Brawl, no other Zelda mods installed. I did modify the scale of some of the bones on the model itself. Is that okay or should scale only be modified in the animation set?
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:12:09 PM by spongeman131 » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1397 on: July 13, 2015, 08:22:27 PM »

Edit: You can probably ignore most of this post. Your problem is most likely that you didn't use BB v0.76 to edit the character file.

I tested it on Dolphin and on the Wii with Riivo. I didn't test it on the Wii with Gecko though, so it must be a Gecko-related problem.

Gecko has been known for its unforgiving file size limits and lack of support for RSAR among other things, and it seems that this mod is cutting close to the file size limits.

I ask what other mods you have installed because any other mod like a stage, character, or especially global mods (things like BrawlEX or other REL/common edits) could affect this one if they're loaded simultaneously.

Try using the P:M version instead and ignore the motionetc and common_en.pac, just as a test. The character pac filesize is a bit lower.

I did modify the scale of some of the bones on the model itself. Is that okay or should scale only be modified in the animation set?

That should be fine, unless you edited bones that are animated. The breast bones aren't animated by a default motionetc so any scale edits to them on the model should work.

Now that I think about it, I used an file size optimization on the final smash eyes and a workaround to make ThrowN keep the same bone index, and the bone at the index ThrowN should be at is scaled with the shield.

That might be the problem, but unfortunately I can't remove those edits.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:35:21 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1398 on: July 13, 2015, 08:28:34 PM »

@spongeman: Did you make sure you edited in v0.76? And not a lower version? As that will mess up the bone magic.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:34:35 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1399 on: July 13, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »

Did you make sure you edited in v0.76? And not a lower version? As that will mess up the bone magic.

OH! That will mess up the eyes too, because lower versions can't handle what I did for those either!

There you go. That's gotta be the problem.

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1400 on: July 13, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »

That would do it. I'm still using v0.71 XD. Thanks, didn't mean to break the magic.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:02:52 PM by spongeman131 » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1401 on: July 13, 2015, 09:12:16 PM »

Just to make sure if I understood it right... Even if we add jiggling animation to the breasts' bones, it will still be wi-fi safe? Or nah?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1402 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »

Yep, it's fully wifi safe. The only bones that will desync wifi if animated any differently are any bone that influences hitbox/hurtbox collisions or moves the character in world space (like TransN).

If you only animate BreastN, BreastR1 or BreastL1, you're good to go!

That would do it. I'm still using v0.71 XD. Thanks, didn't mean to break the magic.

No prob, I did use quite a lot of newer tricks to get it all working.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:26:46 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #1403 on: July 13, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »

That's great, and not just because of this hack. I can see that being used for a lot of great character modifications used added bones.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:45:45 PM by Ricky D. (Br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1404 on: July 13, 2015, 09:47:21 PM »

Yup. The feature's in BB v0.76, although it does seem to be a bit buggy sometimes. Luckily it worked fine for this in particular. If you open the mod in v0.76 and look at the bone index for ThrowN, it's lower than BreastN, which is earlier in the hierarchy.

Remapping bone indices has been speculated about since before the model importer was even added, and I just recently figured out how to program a feature to do it. It was actually simpler than I thought :T

With it you can add and rig as many extra bones as you want without having to edit the PSA at all and without worrying about wifi desync, as long as you don't change the hierarchy of any of the bones I mentioned above.

Basically MAGIC.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:49:23 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #1405 on: July 13, 2015, 09:57:00 PM »

Funny! While working on the new stage I'm making, I noticed those options! "Regenerate bone array" and "Move to the end of bone array"!

I understood what they did, but I didn't realize that it was the key for that!

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #1406 on: July 13, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »

Yup. The feature's in BB v0.76, although it does seem to be a bit buggy sometimes. Luckily it worked fine for this in particular. If you open the mod in v0.76 and look at the bone index for ThrowN, it's lower than BreastN, which is earlier in the hierarchy.

Remapping bone indices has been speculated about since before the model importer was even added, and I just recently figured out how to program a feature to do it. It was actually simpler than I thought :T

With it you can add and rig as many extra bones as you want without having to edit the PSA at all and without worrying about wifi desync, as long as you don't change the hierarchy of any of the bones I mentioned above.

Basically MAGIC.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

spongeman131
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1407 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:54 PM »

Basically MAGIC.

I should go and update my hacks with this magic. How does one become a harry wizard with BB?
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:09:03 PM by spongeman131 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1408 on: July 14, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »

We have Cosmetics! [I was going to submit these (except the original renders) to the main submission, but I didn't want BJ to be spammed with BrawlVault PMs.]

I used the Win2Wait pose that BJ used for his preview, and it turned out alright. But if you want a custom pose, then just say so.

Original Renders:

CSPs:

BPs:

CSS Icon (Brawl)

CSS Icon (Project M)
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:11:40 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1409 on: July 14, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »

I should go and update my hacks with this magic. How does one become a harry wizard with BB?

In BB v0.76 you can either directly set the bone index of your extra bone in the properties window or right click the bone and choose "move to the end of bone array" (which you want to do for extra bones). And if you want to reset all bone indices to be in order you can choose "regenerate bone array".

We have Cosmetics! [I was going to submit these (except the original renders) to the main submission, but I didn't want BJ to be spammed with BrawlVault PMs.]

kjpls, the squished dimensions on the CSPs and the CSS icon. <_>

Also if you go to Options -> Settings -> General in the model editor and check "per pixel lighting", the specular highlights won't look like pentagons.
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:07:30 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98
    Print
    Jump to: