Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: does geno work for you?
it works perfect no bugs/freezes(but that geno gets eated by wario) - 28 (75.7%)
Geno freeze then i select a stage or use a attack - 5 (13.5%)
geno got weird bugs like GFXs is all wrong,textures is messed up,attacks makes geno die - 4 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 37
Author Topic: Project: Geno The WoodDoll from Super Mario RPG: Released(remember its a Beta)  (Read 168492 times)
DARKSHADEDX
Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #330 on: February 18, 2012, 08:48:50 AM »

Ohyeah - Don't forget Xiggah's comment on the page before this.

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:23 AM »

@MDK: Yeah I know, I'm not saying it's your fault at all, it's mine if anything.

Here, how does this look to you guys?
    Also the thing on the bottom is for you MDK, set the Geno Blast texture to those settings, and it should be semi transparent in-game

If you like this fade-in texture effect I'll send you the new texture :3

Why not make a slightly rounded tip? (the downward tip) Transparency would look better but I think that taking off a few pixels to make it look more like the bottom end of a shield or something would make it look more devastating. Stabs of light lol

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: February 18, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »

Ohyeah - Don't forget Xiggah's comment on the page before this.
    i dont think there is so much he can help with right now
    maybe then its released to BV since i dont think Geno V1 is final version but more close to a final version then my other V0.1/V1 movesets
    so i can possible need help with revamp some animations Cheesy
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:53:04 AM by Mariodk » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »

Why not make a slightly rounded tip? (the downward tip) Transparency would look better but I think that taking off a few pixels to make it look more like the bottom end of a shield or something would make it look more devastating. Stabs of light lol

Thanks for the input, I'll give something a go. ^^
    i dont think there is so much he can help with right now
    maybe then its released to BV since i dont think Geno V1 is final version but more close to a final version then my other V0.1/V1 movesets
    so i can possible need help with revamp some animations Cheesy

Lol yeah, alright, just making sure it didn't go unnoticed.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: February 18, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »

anyway i dont think i will get more work done today for geno moveset
    cuz i am more in mood to finish the other hacks for big release day (they are like +80% done most of them but my fav. char´s moveset) and then help one with PSAing and try to fix afew things

Dark Aura
    Extreme Kitten

HIYA! Whachya watching?

• Awards Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:28 AM »

anyway i dont think i will get more work done today for geno moveset
    cuz i am more in mood to finish the other hacks for big release day (they are like +80% done most of them but my fav. char´s moveset) and then help one with PSAing and try to fix afew things
    That's fine, man: it's your PSA, after all. Just work on it when you see fit: I'll just await the opprotunity to test it out. It looks great so far, though.

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »

Super work on geno Cheesy Heres my feedback

Side Smash: well this is ok but the animation looks abit wierd you now it weeks like the feet on geno isn't rigged correctly (i mean it looks like he floats backwards)

Down Air: If you have more ex gfx left then use something cuz it looks like he shoots the feet down but on the gif he doesn't

Win: i hope you Are not going to use this. Cuz i don't Think it fits well on geno its more like Mario,Luigi or Wario animation.

Entry: Maybe you could add the star gfx like on the samus up tilt or smash or whatever it was.

Anyway this^^ could be improved, but the B attacks i Think is perfect i have nothing to say about that i really like the FS and Up B. Yes also one thing! Could you make the chargegeno beam in air go downwards? You now like falling down like on goku's kamehameha. But anyway looking forward to test it myself  AWESOME 2.0!

Wasabi_Skillz
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: February 18, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

i think the beam graphics could use a little work since it looks like a shape instead of  a beam. other than that, amazing. the final smash looks sweet!

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: February 18, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »

Super work on geno Cheesy Heres my feedback Side Smash: well this is ok but the animation looks abit wierd you now it weeks like the feet on geno isn't rigged correctly (i mean it looks like he floats backwards) Down Air: If you have more ex gfx left then use something cuz it looks like he shoots the feet down but on the gif he doesn't Win: i hope you Are not going to use this. Cuz i don't Think it fits well on geno its more like Mario,Luigi or Wario animation. Entry: Maybe you could add the star gfx like on the samus up tilt or smash or whatever it was. Anyway this^^ could be improved, but the B attacks i Think is perfect i have nothing to say about that i really like the FS and Up B. Yes also one thing! Could you make the chargegeno beam in air go downwards? You now like falling down like on goku's kamehameha. But anyway looking forward to test it myself  AWESOME 2.0!
    if i can get the stars on the up-smash to stay still i can use it for entry or i will have used it
    Win is not made yet and thats why its mario´s
    Down-Air i made it instead of the .gif he fire the feets  until i he got chains on the model

i think the beam graphics could use a little work since it looks like a shape instead of  a beam. other than that, amazing. the final smash looks sweet!
    best GFX i got right now
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:33:07 AM by Mariodk » Logged

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »

if i can get the stars on the up-smash to stay still i can use it for entry or i will have use it
    Win is not made yet and thats why its mario´s
    Down-Air i made it instead of the .gif he fire the feets  until i he got chains on the model

best GFX i got right now
    Ok so the down air is gunna be like that. It's an ok attack Wink

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »

i think the beam graphics could use a little work since it looks like a shape instead of  a beam. other than that, amazing. the final smash looks sweet!
    I think the shape looks fine, but it needs to come out thinner, and when it hits some body it expands into what you have now.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:34:44 AM by dpgthirteen » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: February 18, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »

Theres only one thing that needs to be fixed that i see: The Geno Whirl animation

As SDoom said in Page4...
    1) I think is that the right foot needs to keep in place.  Here, it slides.  He's not properly rooted.  The left foot can slide, as long as the right foot stays in place

2) During the antic (the start where he turns his body back), he should maybe step back a little bit, so he is then able to step into the swipe afterwards.

3) The swipe itself is far to slow and robotic.  It should only take about 3 or 4 frames for his arm to cross his body, then his arm should slowly linger behind him for about 15 frames or so, before transitioning back to his wait for another 10-12 frames.

4) His right arm is far too static.  It remains in almost the same position for the entire animation.  Most of the movement for that arm comes from the upper body.  During the antic, he needs to either pull it in or pull it back.  Then push it out when he does the swipe with his left arm.

5) Since Geno has quite noticeable hands, having the fingers in the same open position the entire time makes it look overall too static.  When his left arm swipes, his fingers should open out more like in this image (3rd hand across on the 4th row):

Also i agree with dpgthirteen's idea about the Beam coming out thinner then expanding.

Can you make a video showing each move in training mode so we can analyze it better and give more feedback? (zoomed in to the character)
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:44:26 AM by hero3120 » Logged

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »

*watched the preview again* also on down b, he should be falling not floating, and side b could be like shadowkongs side b you now for each spear he shoots he goes sidewards + falling abit.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28:11 PM »

I understand everythings taken care of, I'm rather amazed at that. Either way I'll sit back and watch, give feedback, etc.

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: February 18, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »

Damn, Geno is impressive
    Great Job, I'm glad to see he's in progress  Grin

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 37
    Print
    Jump to: