Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: does geno work for you?
it works perfect no bugs/freezes(but that geno gets eated by wario) - 28 (75.7%)
Geno freeze then i select a stage or use a attack - 5 (13.5%)
geno got weird bugs like GFXs is all wrong,textures is messed up,attacks makes geno die - 4 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37
Author Topic: Project: Geno The WoodDoll from Super Mario RPG: Released(remember its a Beta)  (Read 168348 times)
DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #495 on: March 12, 2012, 12:14:16 AM »

for some reason geno glitches for me
    1.the boost arrows are side ways
    2.the down b gfx comes in side ways
    3.geno beam dosen't work at all it makes him stand still and not be able to move until hit
    4.side b air makes him die automatically
    fuuny glitches since it should not be pssible the boost arrow/down-B GFX is like that
    same with side-B and geno beam
    anyway i can´t fix them since its only you who got these glitches
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:22:15 AM by Mariodk » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #496 on: March 12, 2012, 01:47:47 AM »

for some reason geno glitches for me
    1.the boost arrows are side ways
    2.the down b gfx comes in side ways
    3.geno beam dosen't work at all it makes him stand still and not be able to move until hit
    4.side b air makes him die automatically
    lool for me is just the canon texture that is messed up what do you use to play brawl?

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #497 on: March 12, 2012, 03:44:21 AM »

riivolution with beyonds xml

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #498 on: March 12, 2012, 06:30:08 AM »

I am about to test out Geno man. I am so psyched. Quick question though, why don't we have all those recolurs from Star or KTH? The few you included are mostly different versions of the original texture.

Sig by: nomnomblood

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #499 on: March 12, 2012, 06:38:58 AM »

I am about to test out Geno man. I am so psyched. Quick question though, why don't we have all those recolurs from Star or KTH? The few you included are mostly different versions of the original texture.
    cuz star dont uploaded the recolours to me and for KTH´s does not fit with the brawl styled geno

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #500 on: March 12, 2012, 06:58:50 AM »

I see. Thats a shame, I really liked a few of KTH's.  Any ways, I am almost done replacing ROB entirely, just a few more BP and I am finally done.

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #501 on: March 12, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »

Hey,
    I'm real excited for this. I haven't been paying much attention to the forums lately so I didn't know you've been working on him.

My coming-out-of-retirement hack was actually gunna be a new Geno. But you beat me to it Tongue

Looks like its coming along great!

This is my Hack Thread

Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
    Download                            Download

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #502 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00:12 AM »

Hey,
    I'm real excited for this. I haven't been paying much attention to the forums lately so I didn't know you've been working on him.

My coming-out-of-retirement hack was actually gunna be a new Geno. But you beat me to it Tongue

Looks like its coming along great!
    thanks
    if i knew you was going a Geno i was possible helping you anyway since he is my fav. mario char.(beside mario bros.)

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #503 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

Me and my friends just had a bunch of brawls. I also played around with him in adventure mode a bit. I have been having a blast man! This is just what I needed to bring back my interest in Brawl again. Here is the feedback.
    Geno
    A combo: Love the animation, fair amount of damage, and good knock back. So no complaints.
    Tilt-side: Nice range, good damage, and great for making surprise attacks. My only issue with it will come later though.
    tilt-up: Its good, comes out fluid and does a decent amount of damage. But I do have a suggestion. Why not make it like Wolf's up tilt. Make it hard to land, increase the damage, and have the ability to kill some one around 100% damage. As of right now its not much of a killing move even at 200%.
    Tilt-down: Kinda the same thing here. The move does so little damage, and cant even kill at 236% Its a good attack and can surprise people, but that about it.
    Side-A: My favorite of his charge attacks. Nothing wrong in this area.
    Up-A: To strong really, maybe 20 damage instead? Also reduce the amount of stars around while he is shooting.
    Down-A: No problems, comes out great, good damage, fair knock back.
    B: Very good attack. Takes a good amount of time for the max damage, but not to long as well. Each shot is different in knock back and damage which is also great. My only problem is the gfx, its to sudden. Like I have suggested, it should come out like a thin line when it comes out of his gun. Then when it hits a enemy it expands into what what you have. It will make the attack look so much better.
    Side B: I hate this attack. It has little to no proficiency. I can hardly find a time when I think this attack is useful. It come out way to slow, the damage is so low, and there is practically no knock back with the attack. The move is to slow for something that is not useful. So my suggestions are to speed up the attack or or fix the damage and knock back.
    Down B: I really like this move. Although it can not kill, it is great for surprising the enemy or getting away from your enemies. So no complaints.
    Up B: My favorite of the specials. The recovery is great, you had a great idea of using ROBS up B for something like this. I also love that it does damage to those underneath me.
    Air A: Its a good attack nothing really special but nothing terrible either. Like I said for the Up A though, reduce the amount of stars coming out.
    Air Side: Great damage, good knock back and can be used in a chain to finish off the enemy. All in all, its a great attack.
    Air Back: Same as Air Side.
    Air Up: Good attack overall, great for ledge guarding.
    Air Down: I love this attack. Mostly because I love to meteor strike Grin
    Final Smash: Its good has great damage. My only problem is that it kinda lacks its use. This is a canon yet I still need to be near my target, so my suggestion is make the shot go farther.

Extras
    Animations: I really liked the animations you made. Although a lot do seem to simmilar to Mario, I guess its fine since he belongs to the series. Also I know this is the beta, but I hope with the next release we will see Geno's cape have movement. His cape seems to stiff in some animations. But overall the animations were still great

GFX's: Here I would say Geno is lacking. The GFX's in some cases are great, like the rocket, and Geno boost. However attacks like Geno Beam and Geno Blast lack that feel of Mario RPG. Geno Blast the blast dont seem like arcs of light, but more of flat surface, try making the arcs transparent for the effect of light maybe? And for Geno Beam I mentioned how to fix it back when I was going over it. Thin line, hit character, boom, big beam. Also reduce the amount of stars in the Up A, and Air A. Finally, for Geno Boost, I didnt really like the Star idea being on him. Instead why not have the star above him, or maybe just have Geno twinkle.

Geno Boost: I added this into the extras since there is something I would like to point out. How do I know when I have offense up or defense up? Its to confusing and I don't really know what plan I should make it out whether to attack my enemies while Im strong or be more cautious with my defense. You should either make a different transformation difference like Offense has a star above Geno and defense has Geno with twinkles. Or have different arrows for what Im boosting. Like red for offense, blue for defense.

So in conclusion, Geno is a great moveset. I had become bored with brawl for a few weeks now, but this has brought my interest back in. For this to be a beta and feel so complete excites me to see what you can do after the feedback comes in. So overall I give Geno a 8.5/10. He needs a few fixes here and there, but this is a great moveset, and you are getting better and better with each moveset you make.

In shorter words: Get it.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #504 on: March 12, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »

thanks for feedback
    btw defends mode is not made yet since it freezes the FS but will make it in next update if Carnage can fix it after i have redid Defends mode
    also i got a idea for Geno boost and the GFX for it
    since there is a limit on how many attacks you can hit with while geno boost Attack up
    i will do so there is 4 stars over Geno or around him for geno defends im not sure yet
    and "B" attacks(not up-B) using 2 stars and and "A" attacks using 1 star
    if using a "B" attack if got 1x star it will not boost yours attack
    also i have not imported the defend/attack up GFX i will have used for geno boost so you know what you got boosted
    anyway i can sure use this feedback Cheesy

also i dont understand why ppl got these weird bugs and others dont got them
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:51:31 AM by Mariodk » Logged

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #505 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »

thanks for feedback
    btw defends mode is not made yet since it freezes the FS but will make it in next update if Carnage can fix it after i have redid Defends mode
    since there is a limit on how many attacks you can hit with while geno boost Attack up
    i will do so there is 4 stars over Geno or around him for geno defends im not sure yet
    also i have not imported the defend/attack up GFX i will have used for geno boost so you know what you got boosted

No problem man. All ways willing to give feedback. Also I use Rivvo and have had no issues. Only odd thing about Geno I experienced was that in Adventure mode when ever Geno pops up, he uses his final smash. But I dont really mind  Laugh

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #506 on: March 12, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »

geno is awsome but i think that the bown-b and down-tilt should be switched, to me it'd make more sense and the geno beam the circles on the end should be smaller or if possible a rounded end so it doesnt look like kahmehameha becuase its just wierd and the geno boost is kinda anoying so i suggest making the star smaller and putting it on his hands so you can see it but its not in the way

theres my feedback hope its helps

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #507 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:57 AM »

geno is awsome but i think that the bown-b and down-tilt should be switched, to me it'd make more sense and the geno beam the circles on the end should be smaller or if possible a rounded end so it doesnt look like kahmehameha becuase its just wierd and the geno boost is kinda anoying so i suggest making the star smaller and putting it on his hands so you can see it but its not in the way

theres my feedback hope its helps

why D-tilt (a weak attack) should be on Down-B and a special like attack should be on D-tilt?

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #508 on: March 12, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »

thanks for feedback

well 4 stars only doesnt seem to fare since geno takes alot of time to set up that boost think like each star is valid for 2 a attacks or one b attack so you dont have to use 8 stars

also mariodk many pl confuse tilts with smashes and its true that down b would give an amazing downsmash

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #509 on: March 12, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »

well 4 stars only doesnt seem to fare since geno takes alot of time to set up that boost think like each star is valid for 2 a attacks or one b attack so you dont have to use 8 stars

also mariodk many pl confuse tilts with smashes and its true that down b would give an amazing downsmash
    but the down-smash will not make a good Down-B
    and in any moveset ideas for geno in SSB is the down-B always geno blast too

Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37
    Print
    Jump to: