Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Ike Lawliet X Omo-Cat, Gurren Lagann finished! Big project, we need your help!  (Read 36218 times)
Ike_Lawliet
Special Access

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: February 17, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »

He's the main enemy from the Horror Survival computer game, Amnesia. [censored]s scary.

Also, Gurren update! Almost finished-
    New
    Old
    New
    Old
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:25:21 PM by Ike_Lawliet » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #121 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

r u making it urself???
    its looking awesome

Ike_Lawliet
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #122 on: February 18, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »

No, I used an old model as a base, and I'm touching it up quite a bit. Thanks!

sp147
    Extreme Kitten

'Sup, dood!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #123 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »

Whoa, Mr. Face does look scary O_o

But Gurren Lagann is coming along pretty nicely Cheesy

Ike_Lawliet
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #124 on: August 09, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

OKAY SO!

Sorry I've been away so long. I apologize if I left any of you hanging. Sorry too for not updating more, especially with unfinished things. Life, work, things get in the way, so I haven't produced hacks in a bit. But, I'm coming back with a huge new project, and a long unfinished hack!

OKAY, SO THEN!

First off, the long-promised Gurren Lagann! The Gurren Lagann hack is finished, and works great over Ganon. The model has been almost %100 rehauled and re-textured, and looks a lot different from where it started now. I want to tweak it a bit before I release it, but it is already done. Expect that out very soon.

Next, the project! How many of you follow or have seen Omo-Cat? (http://www.omo-cat.com/) She is an artist who, among a lot of other cool stuff, draws a lot of video game art, especially LoZ and Mother. Her stuff and style are really great, and her color sense is awesome. The idea is that Omo-Cat will re-draw the entire Brawl cast, including Samus and ZSS, Sheik and Zelda, etc. Then, her drawings will be properly formatted, and, in some form, circulated so that you can have an entire Omo-Cat CSS screen! Every character in Brawl, drawn stylistically and awesome. It'll be a cool way to have a new, fresh looking CSS without 20,000 Shadows or swirly green effects in the background. The project will also likely include special Omo-Cat themed hacks, inspired by her comics.

SO!

Here's where I need your help. Drawing the whole CSS including variations... that's a lot of characters. Omo is doing some work for free, but mostly it will be a commission. Usually, artists charge upwards of $60 for portraits, but Omo is willing to give the hacking community a special waaaaay lower price of $25 per character, which is a huge bargain for how much work she puts in. She's also willing to charge for almost half the cast, only about 15 characters charged. That said, it comes out to about $375. If you all, the awesome modding community, would be able to help pay for the CSS, we can make it reality! Any amount of money would help!

Omo runs a store, and might even sell her Brawl drawings when they are complete. However, I'm sure that anyone who is willing to help pay would get the whole CSS set for free! I haven't set up a means for collecting payment yet, first I want to see if anyone is interested in co-paying before we move ahead with the project.

So, any takers? I think this could come out really ridiculously awesome, all we need is some help to make it! The hacking community is pretty big, so if we all pitched in some, that could do it!

(Also, for those worried, Omo and I are NOT selling a hack. Omo is also NOT commissioned to make a hack or CSS files. What Omo IS commissioned to do is draw a set of images in her style of the Brawl characters. These images can then be able to be used for many things, including being inserted into a CSS.)
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:22:38 PM by Ike_Lawliet » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9]
    Print
    Jump to: