Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do you get the colors just right when editing textures?  (Read 1252 times)
black_steal
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »

I understand how to get the textures into paint.net or gimp and stuff but the problem i'm having is the hilights of clothes and other things like the wrinkles in the clothes it's darker i'm working on link's sword and tunic and i'm not sure how you all get there detail so perfectly i do not have a tablet or any other computer drawing tool just my mouse is there any advice you could give me to get the most detail out of my texturing?

PS.  I would also like a step by step tutorial for making PSAs and stuff too if you would plz? thank you so much!

In the VIP section straight relaxed, DJ playin my favorite tracks, waitress asks "wat can i bring u?" i said "the most expensive thing on the menu!"

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:14:28 AM »

I understand how to get the textures into paint.net or gimp and stuff but the problem i'm having is the hilights of clothes and other things like the wrinkles in the clothes it's darker i'm working on link's sword and tunic and i'm not sure how you all get there detail so perfectly i do not have a tablet or any other computer drawing tool just my mouse is there any advice you could give me to get the most detail out of my texturing?

PS.  I would also like a step by step tutorial for making PSAs and stuff too if you would plz? thank you so much!

the easiest way is to find something that looks remotely like what ur after and copy and paste the image over what ur trying to texture.  use that as a base then tweak it till ur happy with the results. regardless  tho it will take practice and an understanding of the uv maps. i'd start by finding the knee's, elbow's, joints, etc. to get an idea of where to shade and what goes where on the model

black_steal
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »

awesome thanks a lot!! one more thing tho how do create my own movements for psas?

In the VIP section straight relaxed, DJ playin my favorite tracks, waitress asks "wat can i bring u?" i said "the most expensive thing on the menu!"

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 12:25:12 AM »

awesome thanks a lot!! one more thing tho how do create my own movements for psas?
    theres a tutorial somewhere on that tho i'm no good at animating try checking in the tutorials section for animation and psa

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: