Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1011 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 1017 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4658399 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15195 on: July 02, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »

have these vids...

Arena Ferox WIP
    <a href="http://youtu.be/uaf4w3IF4Wo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/uaf4w3IF4Wo</a>

Skyloft WIP#3
    <a href="http://youtu.be/eXSzDSmoAkY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/eXSzDSmoAkY</a>

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

powerofthe17
    Extreme Kitten

Oh what a pain

• Awards Dedicated Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15196 on: July 02, 2014, 09:06:24 PM »

Dude those are epic! Grin also mind telling us when the smash boxing ring your revamping will be done?

I'll smash you!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67633.0
    come check out our Project Sm4sh brawl!!!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67091.0
    come check out my psa page!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15197 on: July 02, 2014, 09:36:30 PM »

Slow and Steady. made a new fur model that has new textures, edited the hair model as well, but I need to resolve a problem I failed to do before; the hair texture itself.

As you can see I need it to not do that.

For those that are curious, this is how I mapped it. The hair texture was made from scratch, but how would I get that to stop happening? Stretching and skewing it helps a little bit, but not nearly enough.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15198 on: July 02, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »

Mapping it all as one piece would be a good idea.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15199 on: July 02, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

Slow and Steady. made a new fur model that has new textures, edited the hair model as well, but I need to resolve a problem I failed to do before; the hair texture itself.

For those that are curious, this is how I mapped it. The hair texture was made from scratch, but how would I get that to stop happening? Stretching and skewing it helps a little bit, but not nearly enough.

You should relax the unwrap a bit. You can do this through Tools > Relax... and selecting "Relax by Edge Angles" (though you can experiment as much as you please). Simply click relax to begin relaxing your selected UV island. This is usually used as a starting point; you will need to make adjustments.

Also, I recommend observing how the designers of Brawl made hair (and everything else) in-game. Most of the time, they use small planes to shape it as opposed to one solid polygon.

In your character's case I believe he would look best if he used the FE series' "style." This applies to all areas of designing the character, from the poly count to the overall colour and saturation/lighting in your texturing. Observe Marth, Roy and Ike to get an idea of what your character would look like had he been designed with their aesthetic style in mind.

Imo, if you want P:M-level detail, start from the ground up. Use the model you have to make some good concept images of what Simon would look like in Brawl. Get a good idea of how his model is generally going to "work" on your boneset (extra topology on joints, optimizing textures etc) and edit your model accordingly (although a new model is something to consider). There's a lot of other stuff too (I recommend looking up the Dota 2 art guide and Dota 2 Light Baking tutorials. They are highly informative when it comes to general game design, and their general message can be applied to Brawl.)

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15200 on: July 02, 2014, 10:33:23 PM »

Wow. Yeah.

Hair is a fickle thing. For one, those UVs at the top of the hair need to be stretched upward. And the bangs outward to the left. That looks like a flat planar mapping, and needs to be adjusted quite a bit around the edges to spread the UV space evenly.

But mainly, the texture. Hair isn't an easy thing to just make straight lines and fit the UVs to it—it's generally better to curve the lines of the hair to fit the curves of the UVs, especially around the dome of the head and near the edge. Peach and Zelda's hair are good examples of that. The texture is definitely going to take more work to get a neat effect than having straight lines.

Although, if you really want to keep the texture as-is, work the hair UVs into squares. Flatten them out into a grid and line them up with the texture. This does mean splitting the UVs down the middle where the dome of the head is. This is also kinda tedious, but probably a bit faster than changing the texture. The result might not be as great, though, unless you tweak the texture slightly where it needs it afterward.

Another good way to make UVs in the future is to create a checker-patterned texture. Lots of squares. Use that texture on the object while you UV, and watch how the texture on the model lines up. If the squares stay squares and relatively the same size on the model, you're doing it right. You could also consider one of these in place of a checker pattern, which is probably better for most things.

Moblin's also got the right idea.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15201 on: July 03, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »

@pik: plz add a toon link head, for a TL alt.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15202 on: July 03, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »

Finished Fawful

I HAVE CHORTLES!!!

Who is the little beanish person going over?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15203 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »

BRUHLSTAYLD.png

Guess he pushed the Muffin Button too many times. (TeamFourStar reference)

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15204 on: July 03, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »

check marth's hair UVs, and kind of try to do something similar, you would need to make a new hair texture though...

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15205 on: July 03, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

If I give a material a transparent texture, do I have to make the spec for it transparent as well? I assume not, but I am just asking to make sure.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15206 on: July 03, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »

If I give a material a transparent texture, do I have to make the spec for it transparent as well? I assume not, but I am just asking to make sure.

Try it, if you get problems, try looking at Mewtwo's Rim Characters that have fur, like Bowser (His hair), DK (fur)and so on.

Post Merge: July 03, 2014, 05:45:46 PM
    So yah making bone edits to Mario and adding things to make have better expressions in my video. (Sadly this one won't be playable because it jacks up the bone indexes, I mean I could make a simpler version that can be playable (like have the X eyes and upset mouth, happier normal face)

I mean this is going to be a part of a stage (that is how I make animations, animating multiple copies of a stage Im srs here) so I included the wings, and deleted the completely useless bones like XRotN & YRotN.
    I'm posting this here because it is a WIP and is technically part of a stage hack, yet a sort of behind the scenes for a video. Maybe build some hype, idk. Any thoughts or opinion, guys?
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:45:46 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15207 on: July 03, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »

Try it, if you get problems, try looking at Mewtwo's Rim Characters that have fur, like Bowser (His hair), DK (fur)and so on.

Post Merge: July 03, 2014, 05:45:46 PM
    So yah making bone edits to Mario and adding things to make have better expressions in my video. (Sadly this one won't be playable because it jacks up the bone indexes, I mean I could make a simpler version that can be playable (like have the X eyes and upset mouth, happier normal face)

I mean this is going to be a part of a stage (that is how I make animations, animating multiple copies of a stage Im srs here) so I included the wings, and deleted the completely useless bones like XRotN & YRotN.
    I'm posting this here because it is a WIP and is technically part of a stage hack, yet a sort of behind the scenes for a video. Maybe build some hype, idk. Any thoughts or opinion, guys?
    XRotN & YRotN. are not useless
    they are used for the charater can gets graped as i remember

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15208 on: July 03, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »

XRotN & YRotN. are not useless
    they are used for the charater can gets graped as i remember
    They're useless for stage hacks. I'll make a playable version of this Mario at some point.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #15209 on: July 03, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »

They're useless for stage hacks. I'll make a playable version of this Mario at some point.

Ah, I too have been having fun with putting characters on stages, like Metal Sonic or the Goomba and Troopa in my Tanooki Mario release video. Alas, I want to know if I am doing something wrong. Sorry for the bother. I guess this should go into a help section somewhere. It's an open question. Why do many stages load only a select set of animation files? Like Hyrule Temple. It contains no .chr0, but I was able to get an endlessly edge running CF on the stage. Now, I would do the same for PM Final Destination and I am limited to the ones already there. I import them into the same ".arc" (which is the only way I can get them on there). Creating another ".arc." only led to the model not even showing up. Before I get ahead of myself, here are previews to not stray away from the W.I.P goal.

Metal will be flying instead after I texture this stage to look like Stardust Speedway

Just for testing, no reason to actually release...unless I want to troll huehuehue

And this will play in a larger role for Mario Circuit.

Pages:  1 ... 1011 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 1017 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: