Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4672596 times)
TheSoraKid
Expert Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15765 on: August 03, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »

You keep repeating that the tirstiper reduces polycount. It doesn't. The polycount remains the same, if it has 20,000 tris, it'll keep 20,000 tris. What it does is that it saves the triangles in a way that takes less space, in strips, hence tristripper. It's not a magic tool, it just saves a bit of space, he'd still have to optimize those huge models.
    Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking too much into it.

So...sorry. Sad

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15766 on: August 03, 2014, 12:08:39 AM »

You keep repeating that the tirstiper reduces polycount. It doesn't. The polycount remains the same, if it has 20,000 tris, it'll keep 20,000 tris. What it does is that it saves the triangles in a way that takes less space, in strips, hence tristripper. It's not a magic tool, it just saves a bit of space, he'd still have to optimize those huge models.

Yeah, not gonna work out, the model is just far too complex and it was a bad idea from the start to consider it for a future project. The very nature of the model would make it so optimized it would cause quality degradation, and would look horrible. My only courses of action would be either A, miraculously learn 3D modelling (yeah right :laugh) or improve the textures on Star Fox Adventures model Wink Grin

Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking too much into it.

So...sorry. Sad

No worries, man, I didn't even know what it was, like, at all, I never used it before. That version of Krystal can't be salvaged unless someone else wants to look at it, but it ain't gonna be me.
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:09:55 AM by the_randomizer » Logged

Granfalloon
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15767 on: August 03, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »

Almost done.

This model was originally a frankestein using most of the Judgement model, but as I go on, I end up building my own parts to replace the messy Judgement part.

The Torso, Shoulders, and Arms have been retextured and I remodeled the Shoulders, Arms, Torso, and Pelt from scratch to have cleaner topology, which is easier to work with and rig. It also makes the model slightly smaller in Tris/Faces too.

I remodeled the fur as well, but I'm not exactly sure how I can get the Fur on his pelt to look really good......

Only things left from the judgement model would be the face, neck, and hands.

Looking good!! I'm always hoping to see updates on your Simon upon entering this thread Cheesy

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15768 on: August 03, 2014, 01:49:08 AM »

That's good to hear.

Sorry about the lack of news this July..... had school related things taking up all my free time throughout July so I wasn't able to make progress on him in a while.

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15769 on: August 03, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »

FINALLY finished optimizing this, now I just gotta rig her over ZSS

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15770 on: August 03, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »

oh my, how many vertices?

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15771 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »

12,192 Vertices, which is thankfully only a little above ZSS's Vertex count (11,787), so i shouldn't have much problems
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:07:21 PM by ShadowRockShoota » Logged

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15772 on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:52 PM »

12 000+ is a dangerous number anyway, but ill tell you something that may help you with this:
    also reduce the paralyzer's textures size, that saved my life many times with zero samus imports before

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15773 on: August 03, 2014, 11:39:50 PM »

Ok I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Smiley

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15774 on: August 04, 2014, 01:49:50 AM »

12 000+ is a dangerous number anyway, but ill tell you something that may help you with this:
    also reduce the paralyzer's textures size, that saved my life many times with zero samus imports before

Oh I think I have that no. beat with that Felicia rig from Darkstalkers that I imported over Peach, and still didn't crash the game, but it did add a little extra strain on Dolphin.  At least with the polygon count, around 16,000, but the vertex count was over 9,200 (no really Laugh ) it was a miracle it worked with the high polygon count.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15775 on: August 04, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »

My Akuma has 17,841 faces...he just lags with usually more than 2 people.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15776 on: August 04, 2014, 05:46:35 PM »

My Akuma has 17,841 faces...he just lags with usually more than 2 people.

Does anyone know what the true limit for polygon/vertex is for any given model? I'm curious Grin

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15777 on: August 04, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »

Does anyone know what the true limit for polygon/vertex is for any given model? I'm curious Grin
    That is an interesting question, though to be honest, I believe it differs between characters since they have different file sizes, even if you used 1x1 textures to lower that part of the file size, the model would still crash at different sizes depending on who it's over. A model that works over Bowser might crash when over Toon Link, or whatever. Though knowing true vertex/polygon limits for each character would be a nice bit of information for us model importers.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15778 on: August 04, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »

That is an interesting question, though to be honest, I believe it differs between characters since they have different file sizes, even if you used 1x1 textures to lower that part of the file size, the model would still crash at different sizes depending on who it's over. A model that works over Bowser might crash when over Toon Link, or whatever. Though knowing true vertex/polygon limits for each character would be a nice bit of information for us model importers.

I know Peach seems to have a very high limit for polygons, as my Felicia mod was 17,300 polygons and about 9,300 vertices, but it didn't crash the game. How high I can go, hard to know for sure.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15779 on: August 04, 2014, 06:13:42 PM »

I think the limit is about 18,000 before you start noticing lag. It's recommended that you keep your models at around 13,000 - 15,000 if they're high poly.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: