Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4666437 times)
Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16440 on: September 27, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »

I DEFEAT BRAZILLIAN NIGHT

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16441 on: September 27, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »

Woo! Where are you getting all these models? Are you making them yourself?

Also, I made an attempt at Oktavia's concert hall barrier in case you're interested. (You can find it in my model thread.)

Click for my stuff:

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16442 on: September 27, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »

almost done t-posing power suit samus brawl trophy. just have to fix the rubber connecting parts for the elbows, and then I gotta straighten out the hand.

this and fusion suit are the only 2 i need.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16443 on: September 27, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »

Woo! Where are you getting all these models? Are you making them yourself?
    Also, I made an attempt at Oktavia's concert hall barrier in case you're interested. (You can find it in my model thread.)
    I wish I was that good making custom models
    actually, homuhomu78 has got for me those stage models; I know what stage youre talking about, its my current WIP btw

ZG
    Mega Kitten

Squiddle Diddle

• Awards PC Core Gamer RAGE!! 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16444 on: September 28, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »

Hopefully my first import goes well...

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16445 on: September 28, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »

I never thought I could do this, but I'm almost finished DIVA Miku. After DAYS and HOURS of work, I'm pleased with how she turned out.

I finished most of her rig, and all her expressions and FS eyes. This is the best right shoulder rig  I am humanely able to give her due to how the objects are separated. Now I just have to:

-Rig the fingers
    -Add shines on clothes and boots
    -Metals
    -Set FS eyes and extra faces on their respective Visibility bones
    -Edit the eye irises to be able to use moving eyes.
    -In-game testing

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16446 on: September 28, 2014, 08:57:55 PM »

you will probably have to make the other expresion faces yourself because I guess PD models has no rigged faces (you can check my tutorial to see how to make the expresions via PMD editor)

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16447 on: September 28, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »

'better'

Wasn't aware the WIP Workshop was the new place for Mole Convention 2014.
    I'm sorry, what? What is so criminal about the possibility of a fan model being better than the official? It can be done with enough work put it into it. For example: Project M's Ocarina of Time Link, that is the best model of OoT Link I've ever seen, even better than the 3ds and Melee models. Are they "Mole Convention 2014" for accomplishing such a task? Are you that [censored]ing dense?

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16448 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:44 PM »

you will probably have to make the other expresion faces yourself because I guess PD models has no rigged faces (you can check my tutorial to see how to make the expresions via PMD editor)

It's okay, Gami, I made and vertexed them myself. Wink

And I'm having a HELL of a time rigging her fingers. Even when I rig them "properly", they stretch into spaghetti, kinda like the old Peach over Sonic moveswap. *shudders* Anyone have ideas?

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16449 on: September 28, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »

I hate to partake in a conversation like this but...
    I'm sorry, what? What is so criminal about the possibility of a fan model being better than the official? It can be done with enough work put it into it. For example: Project M's Ocarina of Time Link, that is the best model of OoT Link I've ever seen, even better than the 3ds and Melee models. Are they "Mole Convention 2014" for accomplishing such a task? Are you that [censored]ing dense?
    There's nothing wrong with a fan-made model being of higher quality than those used in a video game, especially if the game is on system that uses relatively low amounts of polygons. The Link example you give is true, because the original models are on the Nintendo 64 and GameCube, and the model in Ocarina of Time 3D is somewhere in between those in terms of quality.

It's also conceivable that a fan-made model could be more accurate to a video game's official artwork than a game model, especially if the game uses stylized character models or, again, low amounts of polygons. The overworld character models in X/Y have rather large heads compared to the official artwork. However, the official Yveltal model has none of these attributes. The model has more polygons than in any other previous Pokemon game, and was made by professional 3D modelers based on drawings by the official Pokemon designers themselves.

The main problem here is that the model is not more accurate than the official model. (No offense to the modeler, of course.) I pay attention to small details on things, and there are a number of points where the fan-made model deviate from the official design. To name a few: the legs bend the wrong way, the pointed marks at the base of each finger are missing, the nose is not pointed enough, and the hair is very wavy whereas the artwork has little waviness to it. I could go on, but I think you get the point. Besides the design inaccuracies, the texture is noticeably lower in resolution than the official model.

Is the fanmade model better in quality? Just on a technical level, no it is not. Is the model more accurate? No, it is not. Is the model bad? No, it's still decent and is possibly one of the best fan-made Yveltal models out there. Is it bad that someone likes the model better than the official model? No, it's just their opinion. Is it bad that someone thinks that the design is more accurate than the official model? Not really, though anyone who does might need to pay closer attention to details.

The other part of the problem is that a number of people here seem to lack manners when it comes to addressing others, but that is beside the point.

Click for my stuff:

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16450 on: September 28, 2014, 10:39:49 PM »

Just thought I'd point out that Melee handles Brawl-quality models since the characters are about as detailed as Brawl except the eyes are just textures and when the character is off screen, a low-poly model is used in the circle thingy that says where that character is. Plus look at the trophy models, those things are high poly as f-!!
    But what you're saying is true, tiny details are wrong, everyone has their own opinions, and some people are just rude on the internet. (Constantly have to explain my username when I post a comment on certain YouTube videos *rolls eyes*)
    Also true is that fan-made models can be more accurate to the artwork than the ingame models, I've seen tons of amazing models on devianart that are both based on artwork and ingame. (A certain set of N64 Mario Party Artwork models come to mind. lol)
    ....yah this post was mainly just me agreeing with you, but hey atleast you know I get what you're saying. xD Anyways time to go to bed.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16451 on: September 28, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »

The other part of the problem is that a number of people here seem to lack manners when it comes to addressing others, but that is beside the point.

It's not that LC lacks manners so much as it is that he has a great distaste for people who say things like that. To him it shows arrogance and some other rather unsavory words in other people.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16452 on: September 29, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »

let LC be, some people dont come to this thread to actually show a Work in progress
    btw I have remade the collisions!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16453 on: September 29, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »

Miku in-game. There are still issues I need to touch up in the rig, and figure out why the shoulders stretch the way they do, and why the fingers look like spaghetti when I try to rig and rotate them. D: But for a model broken up in such weird pieces, it came out great.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16454 on: September 29, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »

Ah, uh...sorry, but her Blink eyes looks bad. Really, sorry. Anyways THIS.is the.havk.of the year for.me, she have mouth facials and all.about :3

Pages:  1 ... 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: