WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DastardlyRidleylash on March 20, 2016, 06:09:07 AM
Is the rig going to be customized to fit the PM Ridley bones or is it 1-1 the original Smash 4 rig?

Either works, but it'd be neat for this model to be compatible with the current Project M Ridley.

EDIT: I'm a derp, just looked through the thread. :p Yeah, as long as you fix the rig, it'll be bueno.

It's gonna be compatible for both VBrawl and Project M, with a custom animations file.

Here is my WIP. I'm trying to rig Pokémon Trainer's Clothes over Sonic but the rig doesn't look good. Is there anything I need to fix?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: E-scope12 on March 20, 2016, 08:33:29 PM
Here is my WIP. I'm trying to rig Pokémon Trainer's Clothes over Sonic but the rig doesn't look good. Is there anything I need to fix?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Iirc Sonic has no shoulder bones. On his shoulders, it's best to rig those vertex points as 75% LArm/RArm and 25% Bust. Make sure the sides of his shirt is rigged to "Bust" as well. Looks fine from the preview. Aim for more poses and then you'll be better assisted. Also, this should be in the "Model Help" section.


Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on March 21, 2016, 12:01:19 AM
SSB4 RIDLEY UPDATE:

Ok, nearly done. I just need to do the necessary bone translation edits on his hands and fingers. I will release this version once I'm done. The next version may need some optimizing, I might give Ridley to someone who could do it for me, while I deal with the bone placing process when imported back into Brawlbox.
(I'm not good with optimizing...)

This is a place to post WIP images, not texts post for updates. Keep that in your personal thread.


Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on March 22, 2016, 04:06:13 AM-snip-

I like this. Not even sure what it is yet, but it is looking smooth.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on March 22, 2016, 08:09:04 AM
I like this. Not even sure what it is yet, but it is looking smooth.

Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Ok, so, I just downloaded the new Autodesk 3DS Max 2016 version and I just might be a little worried about my work. I had only 16 days left on my 2013 license and I couldn't re-activate.

So Ridley isn't quite finished yet. I have to get rid of those overlapping vertices
so that the model will look a little smoother, and the rig won't be such torture.


Rig is finished...just need to get rid of dem vertices...and do the bone placing in Brawlbox, and may have a little trouble with the tail attack animations.


Only a W.I.P

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Max preview
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why not just rig it over the skeleton Bagan's Ridley uses? That would save you a lot of time and trouble.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on March 22, 2016, 08:09:04 AM
I like this. Not even sure what it is yet, but it is looking smooth.
What Velen said. And thanks.


Took forever for the belt and apron..

March 22, 2016, 09:14:58 PM #19840 Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:25:31 PM by DastardlyRidleylash
Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on March 22, 2016, 05:14:17 PM
Ok, so, I just downloaded the new Autodesk 3DS Max 2016 version and I just might be a little worried about my work. I had only 16 days left on my 2013 license and I couldn't re-activate.

So Ridley isn't quite finished yet. I have to get rid of those overlapping vertices
so that the model will look a little smoother, and the rig won't be such torture.


Rig is finished...just need to get rid of dem vertices...and do the bone placing in Brawlbox, and may have a little trouble with the tail attack animations.

You may want to shrink the wings a bit, too; they're clipping into the ground at the moment, which will probably look pretty ugly in-game.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2016, 05:34:04 PM
Why not just rig it over the skeleton Bagan's Ridley uses? That would save you a lot of time and trouble.

Well, and that, too. The only advantage the Smash 4 rig has over ours is that it has toe bones for each toe, where ours doesn't. Plus it'll fix all the rather borked parts of the animations, like the fingers and feet.

I admire that you're going for a custom moveset, but I would definitely suggest rigging it to the boneset we have, simply for convininence (and so that the models are interchangeable with the movesets; so that if someone likes your moveset, but our model, they can have both those, but if someone likes the Smash4 model and our moveset, they can also have both of those, too).

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!

Quote from: DastardlyRidleylash on March 22, 2016, 09:14:58 PM
You may want to shrink the wings a bit, too; they're clipping into the ground at the moment, which will probably look pretty ugly in-game.

Well, I got some bad news. After I got through getting rid of the overlapping vertices,
I'm unable to export this model. I'm guessing I couldn't do this when I downloaded 3DS max 2016 which was before I got rid of the verts. So, I can't finish anything without 3DS max 2013...which I can't download again. This project is screwed...

Quote from: BraveDragonWolf on March 23, 2016, 12:21:27 AM
Well, I got some bad news. After I got through getting rid of the overlapping vertices,
I'm unable to export this model. I'm guessing I couldn't do this when I downloaded 3DS max 2016 which was before I got rid of the verts. So, I can't finish anything without 3DS max 2013...which I can't download again. This project is screwed...


If you want, I could always try and see if the PM Ridley team could manage to salvage the project.
Beta tester for BaganSmashBros' mods!


Quote from: Nanobuds on March 23, 2016, 02:29:48 PM
But the fingers....

looks normal to me. ridley was never a handy character to have around. gotta hand it to him though. the rest of the rig is good.

i cant think of any other hand puns
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.