Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4736697 times)
JBG
Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11775 on: September 27, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »

by the way i don't see how my works can not fit well in brawl in this picture there is my ichigo texture , my cloud texture , a link shadow import  but on wich i have worked the eye light and color .... and a normal gohan exactly like he is in the import but i don't see a shocking thing between the works i did and the normal texture of the brawl...

Yes, but try taking a picture of your Ichigo next to vanilla Mario, Link, or Samus on the Halberd stage, and you'll see where people are getting the issue.

I feel similar that I really don't like how it isn't in the Brawl style. It's jarring and discomforting if it's paired up next to models of higher detail and shading. The retention of the anime style is an admirable feat, to be sure, but clashing of styles will always be looked negatively upon.

I will not say the mod is bad. It's great for it's purpose and I know a lot of people who will gladly use it. However, because it clashes with the Brawl style abhorrently, I will not be one of them, and you can expect a fair amount of others who share my sentiments.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11776 on: September 27, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »

Yes, but try taking a picture of your Ichigo next to vanilla Mario, Link, or Samus on the Halberd stage, and you'll see where people are getting the issue.

I feel similar that I really don't like how it isn't in the Brawl style. It's jarring and discomforting if it's paired up next to models of higher detail and shading. The retention of the anime style is an admirable feat, to be sure, but clashing of styles will always be looked negatively upon.

I will not say the mod is bad. It's great for it's purpose and I know a lot of people who will gladly use it. However, because it clashes with the Brawl style abhorrently, I will not be one of them, and you can expect a fair amount of others who share my sentiments.

My thoughts and feelings exactly. The massive gap in detail is just a big sore thumb. Were Brawl a game with a primarily cel-shaded art-style and look, then it wouldn't be a problem for some people as it is here. However, that's exactly what it is, and it just makes the character model look flat on top of that.

Compare how Mario looks compared to Gohan and Ichigo. Mario's clothes are full of textile details and comparatively soft shading. Ichigo and Gohan on the other hand, are flat with only black lines to mark out details, and have sharp, cel-shaded textures. It works well in their own games, not so much in Brawl.

Also, look at how dark Cloud is compared to Ichigo and Gohan in that stage. The difference is visually jarring.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:03:46 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

agent-s
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11777 on: September 27, 2013, 05:09:32 PM »

ftjokekid.rel  glad to see your comment

Black Boo dbz is before to be in the game an anime and cloud from a movie my goal is just to give them their real appearence or to be close of these appearences

and by the way i don't see  why they don't fit with brawl texture here the screens you spoke :
    i choose to put normal import ichigo and ichigo with my texture note ichigo texture are not finished to 100%

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:29:46 PM by agent-s » Logged

Sir Kirby the 4th
    Extreme Kitten

Yep.

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Active Contributor Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11778 on: September 27, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »

i'm surprised none has been made yet!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11779 on: September 27, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

i'm surprised none has been made yet!
    Thanks for jinxing it. :L

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Sir Kirby the 4th
    Extreme Kitten

Yep.

« Reply #11780 on: September 27, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »

Thanks for jinxing it. :L
    why? toon link is awesome!
    (ps: your...... avatar?)

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11781 on: September 27, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »

why? toon link is awesome!
    (ps: your...... avatar?)
    What would be the point though? One would just retexture and add shine to the sword and shield.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11782 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

What would be the point though? One would just retexture and add shine to the sword and shield.
    I think it's just for convenience. I for one would get it, so I don't have to make it, even if it is simple.

Sir Kirby the 4th
    Extreme Kitten

Yep.

« Reply #11783 on: September 27, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »

so is just about every other veteran ssb4 hack. only with minor vertexing.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #11784 on: September 27, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »

Actually if you look closer at the screen shots on the website, Toon Link's clothes have a bit more detail than before, but otherwise he doesn't have that many differences from his Brawl self as the others.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11785 on: September 27, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »

Black Boo dbz is before to be in the game an anime and cloud from a movie my goal is just to give them their real appearence or to be close of these appearences

and by the way i don't see  why they don't fit with brawl texture here the screens you spoke :
    i choose to put normal import ichigo and ichigo with my texture note ichigo texture are not finished to 100%

Well, for one thing, he's not affected by the lighting, at all. For two his textures make him look flat rather than 3-Dimensional

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11786 on: September 27, 2013, 11:55:09 PM »

How did

I just--
    But you--
    Either I go into a long and bothersome rant, or I be wise and walk away. I think I'm going to do the latter, but I'm just going to say...

HOW DOES THAT NOT CLASH TO YOU

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #11787 on: September 28, 2013, 12:08:51 AM »

If you want an anime look, that's fine. At least make him be affected by lighting...

: SW-2632-7270-6724

agent-s
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11788 on: September 28, 2013, 01:47:31 AM »

personnally i have the result i want netherless

i see i understand why nobody take request anymore on the forum and why the import become less and less
    number... it is because guys say bad critics
    i don't understand how a big part of the people here speak of less detail and flat....

a lot of models of dante exist and nobody has never imported the real models so that's mean the models not in hd quality are best fit to brawl ?

in the same way if the minecraft import has been donwloaded 3320 times it is because he doesnt fit to brawl or yes ?

the communauty of kcmm here is begining to disapear only few nices guys and girls great talentuous in import or texture color, or vertex try to keep this communauty in life

before guys took request now it is finish

in more sometimes guys say yes for request but for to joke

before everyday new import was created

now we should to be afraid to share a work a lot of people here say this work is for nothing , the character doesn't fit brawl.... after we worked since months

so you can continue to comment like this my work

but i have worked since months to have this result and nobody has tried to do this

why not try you before

and i have not touch the light on the character by the way

no need to destroy every times the work of the others and the motivation in saying a work has not his place in brawl , or is not good worked or is for nothing...after months of work....
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:10:35 PM by agent-s » Logged

jrush64
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Starstormer Renowned Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11789 on: September 28, 2013, 03:46:13 AM »

The Ichigo I imported is the one closest to Cloud. Alright, I should point out I wanted him to have an anime look, which is why he looks cartooney. That's what I was originally going for, the flat shader.

I dont know how to make him be affected by lightning with flat shader, if that's possible.

Pages:  1 ... 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: