WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 13, 2014, 06:07:59 PM #14190 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:34:35 PM by Tidus
Quote from: KAZECoyote on May 13, 2014, 03:10:57 PM
HOLY [censored] YOU GUYS! Some years ago I had this idea for a character creator. I was just playing around in brawlbox and figured out it was 100% possible through MDL0! All you need to do is rig separate parts, import into brawl box, save out as mdl0, and use the import new object option with merge object checked! I tested the theory and it merges the bones and models. I'm gonna work on a base mesh for pit and a few test pieces for demonstration.

Would you rig the separate parts to the original skeleton?




Anyways, here's the Phantom Knight ripped by LJStar I think it was. It's a very bad rig (so bad that I didn't even load up animations), but it's meant to be used for Zelda's new down special, so it's not going to have enough screen time to look bad :P



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KAZECoyote on May 13, 2014, 03:10:57 PM
HOLY [censored] YOU GUYS! Some years ago I had this idea for a character creator. I was just playing around in brawlbox and figured out it was 100% possible through MDL0! All you need to do is rig separate parts, import into brawl box, save out as mdl0, and use the import new object option with merge object checked! I tested the theory and it merges the bones and models. I'm gonna work on a base mesh for pit and a few test pieces for demonstration.

Same method I used for Mario Kart Wii to get 2 characters on one kart and the Santa hat on Mario and Luigi. Back on topic, interesting idea, however, this can have potential problems of face limitations, normalizing, and clipping. This is a really great idea though! I'm interested into it.



Quote from: KAZECoyote on May 13, 2014, 03:10:57 PM
HOLY [censored] YOU GUYS! Some years ago I had this idea for a character creator. I was just playing around in brawlbox and figured out it was 100% possible through MDL0! All you need to do is rig separate parts, import into brawl box, save out as mdl0, and use the import new object option with merge object checked! I tested the theory and it merges the bones and models. I'm gonna work on a base mesh for pit and a few test pieces for demonstration.

If I understood right, that's how I did my latest character hack. But if you mean between different bonesets, then HOLY [censored], that has potential.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


From what I understood, he means the same boneset. But his plan, if I get it, is to create many generic pieces, and people can use them and bases to create characters. It's like a set of templates, and people can easily customize the base model. Like some games let you do that to your character. I'm sure many newbies to modeling would love an easy character creating pack. I'm all up for that idea, and would love to help if a project starts.

I tested it with an old crappy pit base I made some time ago and a random hair mesh i made.

here's the base ingame. idk what's up with the textures but i'll worry about that some other time.


here it is after i used the import with the hair mesh.


turns out a lot of you have been using this method and i'm just late to the party.

something strange happened when i imported the hair though. like some of the bones readjusted; but the hair and body are rigged to the same set so idk. something to research though.

Quote from: KAZECoyote on May 13, 2014, 08:04:41 PM
I tested it with an old crappy pit base I made some time ago and a random hair mesh i made.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


turns out a lot of you have been using this method and i'm just late to the party.

something strange happened when i imported the hair though. like some of the bones readjusted; but the hair and body are rigged to the same set so idk. something to research though.

I thought of that and it is a good idea. However, it is a BIG project. Would be difficult to get somewhere unless a lot of people were involved in this...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



Posted an earlier WIP of this in the custom models thread, but I thought I'd sure a much more complete version here. (Still not done yet, though)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nice dress, Ganny. >.>
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Angelglory on May 13, 2014, 08:53:54 PM
Posted an earlier WIP of this in the custom models thread, but I thought I'd sure a much more complete version here. (Still not done yet, though)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Please tell me that Ganon will be a playable hack, not just a Beast Ganon hack (FS)

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 13, 2014, 09:01:11 PM
Please tell me that Ganon will be a playable hack, not just a Beast Ganon hack (FS)

Yes, I was planning on it being playable with a custom boneset and a version over Giga Bowser as well. I haven't really thought of it being over a normal character yet, if at all.

needs to be over either ass kong or ganondork

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

May 13, 2014, 10:29:19 PM #14203 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:33:59 PM by Kyouma Satsuki
Quote from: Angelglory on May 13, 2014, 09:14:08 PM
Yes, I was planning on it being playable with a custom boneset and a version over Giga Bowser as well. I haven't really thought of it being over a normal character yet, if at all.
I was thinking of Bowser, but yes, the vault needs more Giga imports

Post Merge: May 13, 2014, 10:33:58 PM

One more time

Quote from: Kyouma Satsuki on May 13, 2014, 10:29:19 PM
One more time
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524